Uber XL to the extreme

Juggernaut

I got a 2am XL request downtown tonight. When I got to the pickup 7-8 really drunk group of kids try to pile into my MKT. 1 tries to sit in the trunk, says he is good with that. I said, Im not but he wasnt hearing it.

So I said, guys Im cancelling as I can only take 6 and took my phone and try ushering them out. Then they get confrontational and try bribing me,"we'll pay you more." But I know its a bluff. Some decide they arent going anywhere. So I cancel and promptly call 911.

I tell the operator the details and she tells me shes got someone on the beat. So I tell the passengers and they get the hint that Im not playing around. I let the 911 lady know that they are complying with my instructions now.

Meanwhile, a few of them get into it with some black kids from the caprine-green projects. 1 black kid pulls out his brass knuckles and cracks 2 or 3 of them square in the jaw. It was so loud you could here the echo off the buidlings. Im still on the phone with 911 and tell her play by play and to get a cop here asap. I run away from my car as the black kid starts walking towards me and my car. Im just praying that he doesnt mess my car up and that he doesnt have a gun. Two cops fly by with the lights on but dont stop. Black kid sees the blue lights from 2nd cop car and pockets his brass knuckles and sprints off.

The group of white kids cant pick up there friend off the ground. I ask them if they want me to call an ambulance. They get confrontational with me again. I just get in my car and take off.

Next ping, XL again 8-9 drunk girls going to VIPs. I tell them 6 pax tops! They dont like this and maybe I could be a little less rude. I cancel ride and tell them no charge and apologize. I tell them about my last ride and my night is done.

Be careful out there. I learned a valuable lesson. Do a fly by and dont let people into my car until I get all the details.

Last edited:

U for Uber

Yeah, that valuable lesson is don't do XL! Just kidding lol.

Fly by? In city of Chicago where everything is a one-way? No way man. You'll have to circle around and they'll cancel on you. Goodbye to your 2x+ surge ride.

8-9 drunk chicks and you didn't pick them up?? And you thought of the "6 pax" rule? They must've been attractive if VIP, come on man!

When the black kid was walking towards you, why not just drive away? Forget it if you had a pax or 2 in your car as they watch their friends get knocked out! It's your car and your safety! Or fight him (defend yourself), since you were thinking about morale. It's you and the white kids. That's 9 vs a couple skinny basketball players with a discount brass knuckles. You got this!!! I'm just kidding. Probably driving away is the smartest option...

All jokes aside... that's some sh***y luck. And glad a fellow Uberite did not get hurt!

Juggernaut

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah i tried to switch my phone to camera mode but couldnt because i was in a call with 911. When you hang up in 911 it keeps your phone set in emergency mode i guess. Plus, I kept getting other requests. It happened so fast. Those drunk kids didnt have a chance.

I was outside the car when I notied the black kid was heading in my direction. I dont think he knew I was the uber driver so I thought about dashing to my car, but decided it might make my car a target. Also, that was when the cops drove by and so I was trying flag them down.

As for, "the fly by", there was no traffic on a 2 way street, chicago ave & orleans. I could have kept the doors locked too as they always autolock.

The VIP girls were hot. So... Im married with a baby boy. After 4000+ trips, they can go @@@@ themselves. 8-9 people in my car no bueno. The law is the law..

Last edited:

tohunt4me

I got a 2am XL request downtown tonight. When I got to the pickup 7-8 really drunk group of kids try to pile into my MKT. 1 tries to sit in the trunk, says he is good with that. I said, Im not but he wasnt hearing it.

So I said, guys Im cancelling as I can only take 6 and took my phone and try ushering them out. Then they get confrontational and try bribing me,"we'll pay you more." But I know its a bluff. Some decide they arent going anywhere. So I cancel and promptly call 911.

I tell the operator the details and she tells me shes got someone on the beat. So I tell the passengers and they get the hint that Im not playing around. I let the 911 lady know that they are complying with my instructions now.

Meanwhile, a few of them get into it with some black kids from the caprine-green projects. 1 black kid pulls out his brass knuckles and cracks 2 or 3 of them square in the jaw. It was so loud you could here the echo off the buidlings. Im still on the phone with 911 and tell her play by play and to get a cop here asap. I run away from my car as the black kid starts walking towards me and my car. Im just praying that he doesnt mess my car up and that he doesnt have a gun. Two cops fly by with the lights on but dont stop. Black kid sees the blue lights from 2nd cop car and pockets his brass knuckles and sprints off.

The group of white kids cant pick up there friend off the ground. I ask them if they want me to call an ambulance. They get confrontational with me again. I just get in my car and take off.

Next ping, XL again 8-9 drunk girls going to VIPs. I tell them 6 pax tops! They dont like this and maybe I could be a little less rude. I cancel ride and tell them no charge and apologize. I tell them about my last ride and my night is done.

Be careful out there. I learned a valuable lesson. Do a fly by and dont let people into my car until I get all the details.
You need XX L

Attachments

tohunt4me

How did one guy knock out 3 of them? This isn't MMA rules! Just spear the guy to the ground! We need more unnecessary information, OP!
One sober guy with brass knuckles that's how.

Then he strolled by to see if driver wanted some of that too.

Don't have to worry about broke fingers with knuckles.

Juggernaut

Those white guys were so drunk. Black guy literally dug into his pocket and put on his brass knuckles right infront of them. And they were clueless to see it. He hit 2 of them before the whole group became aware of whats going on. Then the last guy who he really got jacked was the happy drunk who just wanted everyone to be friends, lol. Not my 1st time experience watching drunk people fight on the street. There response time is so funny. They act all tough but move like slothes.

As a driver, if they cant take simple instructions before the ride starts, then its going to be a nightmare getting them home.

U for Uber

Those white guys were so drunk. Black guy literally dug into his pocket and put on his brass knuckles right infront of them. And they were clueless to see it. He hit 2 of them before the whole group became aware of whats going on. Then the last guy who he really got jacked was the happy drunk who just wanted everyone to be friends, lol. Not my 1st time experience watching drunk people fight on the street. There response time is so funny. They act all tough but move like slothes.

As a driver, if they cant take simple instructions before the ride starts, then its going to be a nightmare getting them home.
Trueeee. It was an interesting night and nice read for all of us. I'm hoping we'll get to see more interesting posts like these throughout the weekend!

Juggernaut

It was on chicago ave and Orleans, black kid took off back towards the old caprene green projects. White guys were confrontational, so I wouldnt blame the black kid, but it was totally avoidable. Thats street smarts for you. It was kind of instant karma for being @@@@@@ passengers, but i felt really bad for the nice kid that got jacked.

Listen to your uber driver people. He will get you home safe.