UBER XL option

clearport

So I use to have this UberXL ONLY feature on my old XL pre-2009 vehicle. Now that I have upgraded this feature is now taken away.

Visited the office in DT and was told they no longer offer the XL ONLY option. Contacted ubersupport and was told this feature doesn't even exist in the Toronto platform:smiles::smiles:

What the hell is going on? How do I get this amazing feature back.

Last edited:

mozart

I was gonna get Escalade, comerciall ins., and drive or some body else to drive as Uber Black, was told that they no longer accept new partners in this category, probablly same applies to you.
Excuse was PTC licence not clear yet.

clearport

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is different.... Uber XL ONLY option is just a feature that allows you to only get XL request.

One Star

Just ignore mozart, he's totally clueless about everything. almost all his posts are irrelevant to the thread topic.

I believe the XL only option has been taken away from what I've been reading.
You were grandfathered as at the time you opened your account it was still allowed.
Unfortunately once you made changes to the vehicle, it looks like they disallowed the XL only profile going forward.
Maybe some others that actually have first hand knowledge if the same thing happened to them, can chime in here if they were able to find a way to get the original profile back.

clearport

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First of all its a 2 mode profile. One mode is X and XL request. The second mode is XL only request.

If I had this option in my pre-2009 vehicle, I think its only fair I keep this in my post-2009 vehicle upgrade.

Myxx how is it an entitlement when its UBER that offers this option? You think I came up with this? Your giving me too much credit kid.

Last edited:

Campark

Same answer from the uber staff. Not an option in my city.

Thought about not accepting anything other than xl but it would have to be pretty busy to warrant throwing away easy money when its there. Would hate to make nothing while getting x pings constantly...

UberxGTA

So I use to have this UberXL ONLY feature on my old XL pre-2009 vehicle. Now that I have upgraded this feature is now taken away.

Visited the office in DT and was told they no longer offer the XL ONLY option. Contacted ubersupport and was told this feature doesn't even exist in the Toronto platform:smiles::smiles:

What the hell is going on? How do I get this amazing feature back.
Depends on who you talk to at the Uber offices. Some know more than others I have found.

joedem

Hi all,all xl drivers should bombard uber support with emails to restore the xl option.xl pays much better then x requests even though doesnt come as frequent .Actually the numbers dont even add up accepting x requests with an xl vehicle specially in traffic or no surge times.
25%uber fee.
12% hst(30k plus income)
30 plus % income tax(higher income bracket)
25% fuel
wear and tear
so what are we left with?
If we collectively do the same they will bring the option back up.

Campark

Even if this was true. Your a nice guy for sharing your opinion. Only reason it seems better for xl is that there r more x drivers. Tking your x pings. Leaving you the xl pings. Instead of you driving away with an x trip. You wait longer and get an xl...

Had a good xl trip. Mississauaga to north york... cancelled before i got there.. another at the airport. 5 people and 6 suitcases... too much stuff. They cancelled and hoped they would get a bigg enough van lol... good luck!!

Canada647

Everyone should buy a van and drive XL at pool rates. So our pax are more comfortable. Offers a snack, a drink. Heated seats. In ride entertainment. A pillow and a blanket. Oh and on their exit offer candy like chocolate, gum or worms!