Uber X show up as Uber Select filter.

mugupo

First time I have a Uber X rider somehow show up when I put Uber Select only. the ride was 2.4x surge. Anyone experience this before?

DocT

Had it happen to me, but this was a year ago. Also with pool popping up on Select-Only.

Probably Uber's programming in hopes that the Select driver won't see the "X" on the incoming request screen, and blindly accept the ride.

If I were you, see if you can have the fare upgraded to Select if you were indeed on your Select-Only profile.

Yellowmamba24

Had it happen to me, but this was a year ago. Also with pool popping up on Select-Only.

Probably Uber's programming in hopes that the Select driver won't see the "X" on the incoming request screen, and blindly accept the ride.

If I were you, see if you can have the fare upgraded to Select if you were indeed on your Select-Only profile.

Uber will never modify ur fare from X to SELECT lol...maybe from Select to X

Snowblind

This happened to me twice last week. Take a Pax to Huntington Beach via Select, drop him off, get a ping.
UberX!!! I'm thinking wtf, check my App and UberX is checked.
I cancel, go on the 405 north.
A couple of minutes later, I get another UberX ping. Luckily, that Rider canceled.
I turned off the App, went Home un-and re-installed it and it has been fine since.
I emailed Uber 4 times about this, they are playing dumb.
:confused:

mandreyka

This happened to me twice last week. Take a Pax to Huntington Beach via Select, drop him off, get a ping.
UberX!!! I'm thinking wtf, check my App and UberX is checked.
I cancel, go on the 405 north.
A couple of minutes later, I get another UberX ping. Luckily, that Rider canceled.
I turned off the App, went Home un-and re-installed it and it has been fine since.
I emailed Uber 4 times about this, they are playing dumb.
:confused:
Hi Snowblind, thank you for writing in and thanks again for being a valued partner.

Let me see if I can help... whenever you change counties we reset your ride preferences to accept all rides, we do this to trick you into taking a base X rides and it also helps us reduce surge.

As a private contractor you are free to accept the rides you want so make sure to change your settings as you cross county lines.

Thanks again for been a valuable asset to the community

Rajives

Snowblind

Let me see if I can help... whenever you change counties we reset your ride preferences to accept all rides, we do this to trick you into taking a base X rides and it also helps us reduce surge.

wtf.png

Really?

Kodyhead

First time I have a Uber X rider somehow show up when I put Uber Select only. the ride was 2.4x surge. Anyone experience this before?
by chance did you know they changed the way they change the profiles maybe a month ago? It is now in the destination filter area

Pig Pen

Hi Snowblind, thank you for writing in and thanks again for being a valued partner.

As a private contractor you are free to accept the rides you want so make sure to change your settings as you cross county lines.

Rajives
Thanks for explaining that to him Rajives.

-Sanjeev

Adieu

Whenever you cross a county line your filter resets.

XL and Select drivers beware!

PS 2.4x surge is pretty dang close to being the exact same thing though

daveportney

Rajives
you also have to be careful not to accidentally hit the pop up that says something like "are you experience a long wait" or something like that b/c it will select x for you. I've done this twice thus far. Either hadxthd phone in my pocket or was getting "woke" on UP and didn't see the pop up

KMANDERSON

Rajives
20170907_220603.jpg