Uber X Per Mile

Whatever

There was a way at one time you could look on the Waybill which would say how much Uber X was per mile. I see that does not show it anymore. Is there another way to see how much Uber X gets per mile?

JimKE

In the Miami market, the driver gets $.6825 per mile for X. It's explained very clearly on each ride in your earnings statement.

UberXnyne

Well, it's not that clear especially for someone coming back. My surge rate wasn't even shown. Just said "surge".

Bobbymiami

There was a way at one time you could look on the Waybill which would say how much Uber X was per mile. I see that does not show it anymore. Is there another way to see how much Uber X gets per mile?
You can still see it....follow these steps....Accounts--help--trip issue--choose any trip and open it, there you go... it is right there.

JimKE

Well, it's not that clear especially for someone coming back. My surge rate wasn't even shown. Just said "surge".
Yeah, I think you're right. I had to do the math on a surge last week because the multiple was not shown on my earnings statement. I'm not sure that's new, however.

jayyyoh

In the Miami market, the driver gets $.6825 per mile for X. It's explained very clearly on each ride in your earnings statement.
Edmunds says a Honda Civic costs about $0.40c per mile to own for the first 5 years. If this is the case, how can you make it on 28 cents per mile?

joebo1963

Edmunds says a Honda Civic costs about $0.40c per mile to own for the first 5 years. If this is the case, how can you make it on 28 cents per mile?
What about the empty miles just driving around or going home or to pick up a pax

You gotta use your brain and think fast. Yesterday I had a line pax on a nice long ride and I was within a mile of her home then got a pax addded 2 miles east. I quick checked drop off and he was last. So know I know 2 more miles east and 2 back west to drop her off. Then 6 more west for him. So I picked up 9 miles by getting him. 6 +2+2-1. Worth it

TAVO928

Add the empty miles you drive, you are earning even less and less. By the way the gas price went up, so you are earing... less and less.
Poor uber drivers.

Desperation has no limits

Gubber Singh

Add the empty miles you drive, you are earning even less and less. By the way the gas price went up, so you are earing... less and less.
Poor uber drivers.

Desperation has no limits

Let me admit here. Your saying "desperation has no limits" has inspired me to look for other fertile grounds. You are the wind behind my wings!

Milito

Awesome if I drive 682 miles per week I’ll earn $682 before any expenses uber is a dream come true, only downside is I’ll be driving my brand new vehicle for at least 40k miles a year, but you know I’m independent i make my own hours

JimKE

You have to drive 1.000 miles to earn $682.
Actually, non-surge X in regular traffic usually yields about $1 per mile -- a little less if much of the trip is on an expressway. That's gross, of course, and doesn't include any expenses.

Another way to look at it is to figure on making roughly $10 per hour as a new driver, driving X and Pool only. I think that's actually a little conservative, but I'd rather have people have conservative expectations than to go into this thinking they're going to make $2,000 a week like some of the YouTubers claim.

Nobody's gonna get rich doing this, that's for sure.

dpumalo

I was making about $15 per hour on Uber. Now doing Lyft only I am closer to $20 per hour. This is before expenses of course.

Milito

I was making about $15 per hour on Uber. Now doing Lyft only I am closer to $20 per hour. This is before expenses of course.
Good for you, if you are really earning $20 per hour, after expenses you’ll net between $12 to $14 per hour