Uber X/Lyft with Prius vs. Black SUV

Kevin7889

Recently read an article about how X with prius is just as good as black suv. Can't find the link but what do u guys think about prius vs black suv?

jerseyboys

I drive a Prius. I know UberMike has a sub.

He’s banking BUT he has more expenses. It’s not what you make but what you keep.

The only disadvantages is that I need to make more trips. He can wait hours but that one trip might be a net of $150.

Kevin I said it once and i said million times. If you want to do this FT you need to get TLC.

Last edited:

Kevin7889

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I drive a Prius. I know UberMike has a sub.

He’s banking BUT he has more expenses. It’s not what you make but what you keep.

The only advantages is that I need to make more trips. He can wait hours but that one trip might be a net of $150.

Kevin I said it once and i said million times. If you want to do this FT you need to get TLC.

Not good with taking tests, I'm clueless and confused about a lot of tlc stuff. I'll just wait for uber to get legal in Nj..

jerseyboys

Kevin.

I do real MPG calculation. It’s crazy. I also use hypermiling. google it.

I use cheap Delta gas at $1.79 a gallon. green ezpass is $7 to across Hudson off peak. Also, discount on GSP and Turnpike.

I have AC on full blast.

Prius was MADE for ride sharing. I’m standing at 4.84 on Uber and 4.80 Lyft.

I got the car from a Russian mafia bro in Brooklyn. LOL not joking. They sell cars on c -list for real cheap.

110,000 miles fully loaded ( leather, nav, etc) for $4500.

jerseyboys

Also, Uber being legal in jersey is not going to make you more money. LOL

I don’t know how being legal is going to help.

PorkRollUberAndCheese

The demand for X outweighs the money you'll make on Black. Black only works if you have a limo business with a book of business to start, and then you are savvy enough to make relationships with people you take on Black and convert them to your business.

If you want to make money, you either go with a Prius or a minivan and run X/XL. You won't do it on black unless you get a bargain basement black vehicle and it'll bite into your op costs if you can't do XL.

cindimams

I drive a Prius (2012). I had to buy one of those seat cover kits, because of a few stains that I couldn't get out with my upholstery cleaner. I'm going to go to a pro cleaner eventually, just haven't had the time. I'm also looking to trade mine in for a bigger and better looking (inside) model. Gotta do it now if I want to get a decent deal. I'm pushing the 50,000 mark. My Prius is just to crammed inside. I can fit 4 passengers, but it's tight back there, and I don't like the lack of space between the PAX and myself when they sit in the front.

Aside from those complaints, it's awesome on gas. Was great to have it when gas was at an all time high, and when Sandy left us a shortage, and ridiculous lines.

cindimams

I'm also cutting back driving during the week. Not worth putting the mileage on my car, so I'm only gonna do it on Thursday's-Saturday nights (maybe some Sunday's if there's lots of action, or a week night if I'm bored).