Uber = Worst Support ?

Nafrayu

TL: DR = Uber service is the worst service I've had in my life and they don't want to fix their problems

So I currently live in Ottawa and I have a Quebec driver's license. I subscribe to UberEATS for food delivery as my car is only 2 doors.

When all my d0cuments are confirmed, I receive an e-mail saying everything is good and I need to do a background check. The e-mail only has a single link for the Check and it says:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You will be asked to submit 2 pieces of I.D (the picture of your I.D must be clear). Please make sure you have typed in your driver's license correctly. Ontario driver's licenses will start with 1 letter followed by 14 numbers (ex. A1234-12345-12345).

For instructions on how to complete the screening, please visit:"can't post link". If you have any questions, please respond to this email or send us a note to support of uber email.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose the Quebec License should be fine anyway as it was ACCEPTED in my UberEats account. So I click on the link, submit my 2 photos on ID (Passport and driver's license) for the background check. Then a section ask me to enter my name etc etc.

I select Canada as a country and in the menu I chose QUEBEC (which is available in the menu). I enter my driver's license number. It says the format is wrong and doesn't allow me to continue. It says the driver's license format is A4321-54321-542321 but this is the Ontario one and in reality the Quebec one is A4321-654321-21.

I send a ticket to Uber and I write ALL the details and I join a photo of the message I receive about the format. I receive this answer:

----------------------------------------------------------
Hi Guillaume,

Sorry to hear about the trouble here. Let me help you with this.

I've checked your account and can confirm that everything is fine on our end. Regarding this matter we highly encourage you to personally email checkr for further assistance. You may contact them from the email they provided regarding the screening process.

Thank you for allowing me to answer your inquiry. If I can help with anything else, please let me know.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok That's no help at all.

Also there is no link or way to contact Checkr in that email.

I look up the internet and find the Checkr support mail in an obscure forum. I send them an email and receive from Checkr:

------------------------------------------------
Hello,

My sincere apologies for the confusion, but I was unable to find a report in our system using the name you've provided or with xxxxx email.

It is likely that you'll be able to find the information you need in the Applicant Portal.

If you are applying for something in Canada, please let us know in your reply so that we can assist you faster!
------------------------------------------------------
Ok......... If you are applying for something in Canada ? HEY I said I selected CANADA and QUEBEC from the menu and it was refusing my driver's license from QUEBEC CANADA because of the format. Is this real ? It's impossible they even take a second to check the mail.

I reply the first answer from Uber and receive 4 hours later:

------------------------------------------------------
Hello Gillaume,

Thanks for responding. I'm Alfredo, stepping in to assist.

Sorry for the confusion here. I was able to confirm that the driver's license you submitted was approved. It looks like the next step to keep the process moving is to submit the Background Check Consent Form. You can do this by clicking on this link here.

Kindly enter the required information after clicking the above link and the background check will begin. Typically, background checks take 7-10 business days to complete. If you'd like to view your background check progress, click here. Checkr updates this status automatically. Additionally, you'll receive an update if additional info is required. You'll also be sent a full report when your background check is complete. Once the check is complete, we're good to go.

Please reach out to us if you need further assistance. We'll be more than happy to help.
-------------------------------------------------

Is this for real ??? SERIOUSLY ??? Omg... WORST. COMPANY. EVER. MADE. ON. THIS. PLANET.

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

Uber uses outsourced "CSR"s whose command of the English Language is about that of a third grader's. Most of them do not understand what they even are sending to you. The computer picks out key words, guides them to cut and paste responses and you receive a canned non-answer.

I would guess that it would not help to send an e-Mail in French, even if it were to go to a "CSR" in Pondicherry. If the CSR actually has a command of either the English or French Language that might approach that of a high school freshman, he does not read it carefully, anyhow. The "CSR"s have a quota to fulfill, thus they do not have time to read anything carefully.

As far as Uber or Lyft are concerned, if there are numbers, they do not care what actually happens. Quantity is important, quality ain't.

elelegido

Hello Guillaume,

Thanks for reaching out. I am stepping in to assist. Happy to explain:

Unfortunately, half of Uber CSRs are non-English speakers. A further half are incompetent and the final half are innumerate/illiterate.

I am pleased to have been able to asisst you today and would like to thank you for offering me the opportunity to resolve your issue. If you need help with anything else, please reach out again.

Uber on!

ummmm

man i have had worse answers than that for my problem, i have over 150 messages to uber back and forth and not one person understands the technical or targeted issue i asked for help with, i feel like a real victim.

Zman85

I've been getting an email from ur side saying that my account needs attention and that I should upload certain documents through checkr which is very strange as I've already got the final report from checkr and u did as well and that's why I was working for the past 3 weeks.. Nevertheless I did upload these documents AGAIN several times and yet still got this email then finally all of a sudden today I can't go online.. What's wrong guys?? Is that some kind of strategy to drive me to unsubscribe as a driver or what. Still emailing Uber support back and forth and getting the dumbest answers ever.. It's like who ever is replying has no idea what so ever about what iam talking about.. One of the emails said I've been flagged coz I've been canceling rides which is not true then the following email said it was flagged due to UT background check AGAIN..!!! Seriously is anyone thier alive.. It's one of the most frustrating experiences ever. Any advice??

AuxCordBoston

I've been getting an email from ur side saying that my account needs attention and that I should upload certain documents through checkr which is very strange as I've already got the final report from checkr and u did as well and that's why I was working for the past 3 weeks.. Nevertheless I did upload these documents AGAIN several times and yet still got this email then finally all of a sudden today I can't go online.. What's wrong guys?? Is that some kind of strategy to drive me to unsubscribe as a driver or what. Still emailing Uber support back and forth and getting the dumbest answers ever.. It's like who ever is replying has no idea what so ever about what iam talking about.. One of the emails said I've been flagged coz I've been canceling rides which is not true then the following email said it was flagged due to UT background check AGAIN..!!! Seriously is anyone thier alive.. It's one of the most frustrating experiences ever. Any advice??
Uber has a number to call. 800-593-7069. However speaking to a live person is just as bad.

Jagent

Uber has a number to call. 800-593-7069. However speaking to a live person is just as bad.
They only hire mentally handicapped people in support positions. These representatives come right out of the asylum and begin careers as independant contractors in the CSR division. The folks at Uber are doing their part to help make the world a better place. You should be thankful that they've taken such a role in their quest to make you a successful partner.

shiftydrake

Ok email [email protected] and he will get a Hold of Bubbles..Uber's final resolution expert to get everything taken care of and I would suggest you listen to Bubbles cuz you really don't want to anger Bubbles

You wouldn't like Bubbles when Bubbles is angry

Zman85

Haha.. I wish I could've gone through to test the theory my self but it's only available in certain cities where augusta isn't one of them.. Thank u so much though. Any other suggestions guys?

AuxCordBoston

Haha.. I wish I could've gone through to test the theory my self but it's only available in certain cities where augusta isn't one of them.. Thank u so much though. Any other suggestions guys?
When I called the number the woman I talked to listen to what I had to say and then began reading a rehearsed answer. I then explained the issue again and she read the same response. Each time I tried to clarify whether she understood the issue she kept cutting me off and giving me the rehearsed response.