Uber won't pay short trips

CrazyFemaleDriver

***Where in the TOS does it say Uber dies not have to pay if you complete a ride & it's too short?***

Picked up a Pool @ 1.6X yesterday. He got in, then I started trip & followed Ubers GPS to destination which was just a few blocks away. I asked pax if it was right destination. He said oops. I told him he couldn't change it cuz it was Pool so I pulled up to pull over safely (by AU) & "complete" ride. Pax sat in my backseat to re-request & got someone else. Bye. $6 fare. Next thing I know Uber zeroes out the fare saying pax said trip not taken.

1. Uber can see On the map I got to the destination.
2. Uber can see on pax GPS he requested new ride from the destination location.
3. Uber accepted the pax destination as valid when he ordered the ride.
4. Uber contracted me to take pax from A to B and I DID.
5. It's Uber's fault their policy doesn't allow pool pax to change destination.
6. I did everything I was supposed to do. WHY SHOULD I BE THE ONE WHO EATS IT?

Don't say "Don't do pool". At 1.6x in August it's a nevessary evil.

Uber's response was
1. cancel trip before starting
2. The ride did not go to tge destination entered in the uber app
3. The trip was very short suggesting it must have bedn mistakenly started
4A. To avoid this sutuation in the future you should cancel it (insert how to cancel instructions).
4B. (Same reply message as 4A-contradictory). Another way to prevent this situation is to avoid starting the trip before the rider enters your vehicle. Once you’ve started a trip, you will not be able to cancel it. * Why would I cancel if I haven't started trip yet when the reason for canceling is the destination to short and I don't find that put UNTIL I start trip?

So what Uber is saying is that a pax can travel from Fairfax to Bethesda for FREE if they Uber in 3-block segments???

Last edited:

OMW2FYB

You get paid by the mileage and time.
If the pool rider wants to go further then take them. Just make sure you just put no more rides when you
accept the raider.

You have to go to Forestville to resolve your minimum fare.

Or you can upload your video and send it to uber email.

roadman

Don't press stop new requests in this situation, take pax to dest, then get paid more to backtrack or to potentially get cancel fees. Personally I would drive in a circle or 2 and if pax 2 didn't cancel then just no show them. But at 1.6 might make me think. Ya assuming still busy I would get cancel then go on to next.

CrazyFemaleDriver

Last time I had a Pool (2.6x) want to change destination I had her text me "in App" to "upgrade ride to X and change destination to bla bla bla. I emailed rohit for adjustment & got (this time only - dont do it again. Pool will make you more $). LoL

I will follow your advise & go to new destination.

PS-requested 1star adjustment. Never did that before. Bye bye your 4.8 rating.

HPClays

dashcam, when uber accuses you of something "not happening" just tell them you have video and will tweet it to them...then they believe you and give you the money

the dont like things going on twitter

yankdog

dashcam, when uber accuses you of something "not happening" just tell them you have video and will tweet it to them...then they believe you and give you the money

the dont like things going on twitter
This is my next purchase. Don't have one but everyone is making a compelling case.

GogglesPisano

Last time I had a Pool (2.6x) want to change destination I had her text me "in App" to "upgrade ride to X and change destination to bla bla bla. I emailed rohit for adjustment & got (this time only - dont do it again. Pool will make you more $). LoL

I will follow your advise & go to new destination.

PS-requested 1star adjustment. Never did that before. Bye bye your 4.8 rating.

Waste of time and effort 1 staring Uber's customers. The folk that pay uber for service.
It one of the placebos uber allows driver to feel "empowered"

I won't 1star pass. too often. Shows uber u can't get along with their customers.
If u ran a business would u want your worst employee, who always complains about ur paying customer, to have more or less exposure to your paying customers ?

Before u know it you're receiving less and less ride requests.
No deactivation, they'll just ignore u to death

You'll end up posting here"really slow today" while others reply, really? Busy for me.

yankdog

Waste of time and effort 1 staring Uber's customers. The folk that pay uber for service.
It one of the placebos uber allows driver to feel "empowered"

I won't 1star pass. too often. Shows uber u can't get along with their customers.
If u ran a business would u want your worst employee, who always complains about ur paying customer, to have more or less exposure to your paying customers ?

Before u know it you're receiving less and less ride requests.
No deactivation, they'll just ignore u to death

You'll end up posting here"really slow today" while others reply, really? Busy for me.
I don't retroactively 1 star. But some do. I suspect it's a viable way of venting. I'm good with that. If you don't see that in every work place there are tools to use to vent you are living under a rock.

CrazyFemaleDriver

Where in the TOS does it say that Uber will not pay for short trips?

This is pissing me off. It's just irritating that Uber allowed the short destination - then says the trip is too short to pay out.

Holiday weekend & I won't be back to DC until Thursday to visit greenlight hub.

kupalka

***Where in the TOS does it say Uber dies not have to pay if you complete a ride & it's too short?***

Picked up a Pool @ 1.6X yesterday. He got in, then I started trip & followed Ubers GPS to destination which was just a few blocks away. I asked pax if it was right destination. He said oops. I told him he couldn't change it cuz it was Pool so I pulled up to pull over safely (by AU) & "complete" ride. Pax sat in my backseat to re-request & got someone else. Bye. $6 fare. Next thing I know Uber zeroes out the fare saying pax said trip not taken"..........

I hear you and I know it's frustrating but let me share something that might be of use for you and anybody in the future...I had a somewhat similar situation last night where I pick up a late request at DCA after a drop off in crystal city so i took it...the destination is a 16 mile trip on a 1.4x airport boost...pax sat in front, on a suit and a cool guy. He had a 5.0 rating so I assume he's a new rider...driving along I395 in front of the Pentagon and I suddenly heard this irritating "rider cancelled" sound. In other words, my pax cancelled the ride and my screen went to waiting for another request. I told pax and i ask him if he cancelled the ride or if somebody ordered the ride for him. He said it's his account and probably what happened was he accidentally hit the screen of his phone with his eyeglasses case. What would you do in this type of situation? I told him i can't drive him for the remaining 15 miles to his destination without a valid Uber ride and besides, if something happens, he's not covered under Uber's insurance and he became worried. He insist that I take him and order another ride. He was giving me cash instead but I refuse because I'm more concerned about the insurance coverage being him inside my vehicle. So I pulled over on a shoulder on a safe spot and I ask him to request the ride so I can get the ping. He requested 3 times but somebody else keeps getting the ping even tho he's inside my car. So here's what I did, and I did this in the past where I pick up a friend of mine and to make sure I get his ping. What I did is I ask for his exact address to his destination and I put it in my DF, waited for about 30 sec. before the pax hits the request button on his phone and boom, I got his ping. He was very appreciative about my honesty as well as his safety that when I dropped him off, his fare ended at $7 and $12 instead of the upfront cost of $24 when I pick him up. Was thankful and handed me a $50 cash tip! Cooooool!

Last edited:

DeplorableDonald

Did you try the 'escalate to supervisor' deal? When I specifically put 'please send this to someone in the D.C. office that knows our local area and comprehends basic English'* for whatever reason it usually gets resolved shortly thereafter.

Dunno if Rohit actually sends it to someone in D.C. or that he's scared that if he does send it and someone sees what a total incompetent he is he'll be screwed. Either way it works.

*Yes I really use the 'comprehends basic English' line too. IDGAF if I piss off Rohit

New2This

We been lucky until now. As a precaution probably worth it. I get one too.

You most definitely need one. THAT has gotta be entertaining as hell.

Maoe it movie night at Capitol City Brewing Company as we do the Shirlington Shuffle while watching you hide from riders.

jon-popcorn.gif

touberornottouber

I had this happen with a regular uberX ride. It was raining so she just wanted a ride about three blocks down the road but she put the pin so it was six blocks down the road (probably so it would go through). When I ended the trip it told me the trip was too short, blah blah so I simply kept driving a few blocks before completing the trip. No matter what it is still the same minimum fare so this was completely fair to the passenger.

There is no way I am not getting paid. I did the work.

CrazyFemaleDriver

I tried canceling at destination & it said TOO SHORT, so I drove a few blocks WITH PAX, & it let me cxl.

It's just the STUPIDITY that infuriates me! Uber gives upfront quote based on distance. Uber KNEW if was a short trip. Uber allowed pax to book it. Uber contracted with me to drive it. I completed contract. And now Uber rescinded payment because they thought it was too short a trip? And then they say in cases like this to cancel before starting trip??? (But we don't KNOW it's a short trip til we start it).

IDIOCY, I say.

At the very least I should get a cancel fee. But since I actually drove pax I should get a minimum fare trip. But since it was surge...I deserve my $6 NET.