1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber won't care if passengers damage your car...

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Jingwen Sun, Sep 10, 2015.

1. My passenger damaged my car exiting uber, leaving my car with 2 dents on the door. After 2 weeks back and forth, uber's decision is not gonna do anything! ALL DRIVERS BE AWARE. UBER IS NOT GONNA CARE ABOUT YOU! It left me with option either to go with myinsurance or uber's, with $1000 deductible. And they wont charge the rider even damage fee... There always will be insurance gap, and this is not right! Uber takes $1 riders fee and 20% from the fare, and when our car is damaged, they sit back and sip the drinks! As a 2 year driver i am very disappointed!!! We put ourselves out there and they will never care. Always turn the back on us.

Marlan P. and Fireguy50 like this.
  2. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber does not care about: sand, water, beer, soda, french fries, cigarette burns, dents, chips, scratches

puke yes, with several pictures and you better quit driving for 24 hours.

anything else, you are S.O.L.

Fireguy50, Ziggy, JLA and 2 others like this.
  3. Ub-urs

Ub-urs

Thanks newbie...that is a new one to all of us that have been driving for a while.

JLA, KGB7, D Town and 1 other person like this.
  4. Since most posters here are really just thumping their chests about what they do or would do when X happens...
    • Place the pax under citizen's arrest for trespass to chattels or equivalent.
    • Call law enforcement.
    • Obtain the pax' pedigree.
    • Sue in small claims court.
    (Yes, citizen's arrest is a thing, at least in most jurisdictions.)

5. sfthatsme

sfthatsme

I am curious what excuses Glados will spin on behalf of Uber for this case.

LAuberX likes this.
  6. DB2448

DB2448

Perhaps you shouldn't have parked in such a tight spot? In most of my locations, I'm able to pull up alongside a curb since there's room. If not, I put on my hazards to let other vehicles know that I may make a stop for someone.

7. Paimei

Paimei

Driving:
    Taxi
    How close were you parked so the passenger damaged your door? 2 small dents?, just the beginning, your car will slowly deteriorate with more small nicks, dents, rips, worn out spots, this should not surprise any Uber driver since your car is a taxi now.

The_One and DB2448 like this.
  8. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    All you have to do, is pretend that every PAX is a 5 year old. Now apply all your brain power, to control every 5 year old from burning your car down. If you can do that, then youll be just fine.

9. kingpin

kingpin

Driving:
    UberSUV
    hello,

Someone uber passengers cigarette burned my front seat and after a month or arguing with uber and at least 100 emails back and forth i had that reimburse by uber. Keep fighting you will get somewhere

10. Ub-urs

Ub-urs

You take the risk when you allow passengers to smoke. If you're willing to take the risk then you should be willing to accept responsibility. You shouldn't have been reimbursed in my opinion.

Paimei likes this.
  11. kingpin

kingpin

Driving:
    UberSUV
    well i didn't let her smoke, she but it out and put it in her back pocket but cigarettes was half lit and she started screaming about 3 minutes later and burned a hole in her pants and my seat. she was so drunk that she couldn't even feel it sooner

yoyodyne likes this.
  12. oyebj

oyebj

Somebody help....the passenger opened rear door after i told him to wait....passenger door hit an oncoming car...door is destroyed. ..passenger accepts responsibility. ..will uber help take money from passenger to cover damages....somebody help!

13. SECOTIME

SECOTIME

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Why would Uber care its not their property it's yours

14. njn

njn

Uber definitely cares if your car is damaged. They will deactivate you until your car is repaired as dents are not allowed.

Ziggy and D Town like this.
  15. D Town

D Town

No one is going to help you especially not Uber. You're a replaceable commodity.

16. William1964

William1964

Do the doors on your car lock when you are in motion?

17. Ziggy

Ziggy

You're probably going to have to cover the cost yourself ... and you'll be deactivated until you get the door fixed. Like William1964William1964 implied ... I keep the doors locked until I know that it is safe for the pax to open them. Additionally, I only park where it is safe & legal for pax to enter/exit my car ... sometimes they have to walk 1/2 block ... so what, I'm not going to risk their lives or my car by stopping in an unsafe location

D Town likes this.
  18. Fireguy50

Fireguy50

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    The bad news sounds correct.
    I've had 3 cleaning requests rejected this week.
    Basically it's my financial fault for being prepared to contain vomit into an emesis bag and sterilizate the vehicle.

Ryan

19. It's my understanding if the rider takes responsibility ANDIS willing to pay, Uber will collect. I may be wrong but...

Get an estimate asap, so if the rider does agree, they can bill him

20. Tnasty

Tnasty

Fuber would not care if the pax damaged you!