Uber won't approve my WA temporary ID...

Varg666

I am beyond pissed off right now with Uber. Not only are they an absolute nightmare to get customer service for the drivers but they have outright failed to give me a legitimate reason why they keep denying my documents.

In WA when you get a temporary ID after you either A. apply for a new one or B. renew your current one, they no longer print out the paper version that is the same size, etc. You get a receipt that says you paid and when your ID expires, etc. It has no form of photo on it but it clearly says at the top THIS IS YOUR TEMPORARY ID. I have uploaded this document 3 separate times, each with a small explanation and my previous ID attached in the same document and have been denied all 3 times. No explanation, no reason...just a flat out denial.
Normally I would just brush it off but I specifically took a week of paid time off from my other job so that I could drive during that week and make a lot of money while also being paid from my primary job. It's now day 4 and I still can't drive. I switched over to Lyft and it was a colossal waste of time and effort (about $40 in 3 hours from 4pm to 7pm in Seattle, with Uber I would have been at about $70). I don't know what else to do, Uber support twitter just told me to send a message and after waiting 7 hours they denied my document.

tipster98122

Maybe the universe is giving you a big, fat and painfully obvious message to use what little you have left of your self-imposed vacation to go and enjoy yourself?
Smell the roses. Live life. Be around people you want to be around and do fun things.

Life is, possibly, giving you a sign. Be open to these signs and be able to read them correctly. It will be an invaluable skill you will need later when driving for Uber.

Which you will be able to do when you get your new LICENSE and not just an ID.

DexNex

A professional driver would have taken care of renewing the DL in time to have a proper hard copy to use.

Are you a new driver or trying to update your ID in Uber’s system?

Also this is one of the slowest weeks of the year. You picked a horrible week to try to drive and make extra money.

Travis Bickle Uber

A professional driver would have taken care of renewing the DL in time to have a proper hard copy to use.

Are you a new driver or trying to update your ID in Uber’s system?

Also this is one of the slowest weeks of the year. You picked a horrible week to try to drive and make extra money.

This. This. And This.

RedANT

In WA when you get a temporary ID after you either A. apply for a new one or B. renew your current one, they no longer print out the paper version that is the same size, etc. You get a receipt that says you paid and when your ID expires, etc. It has no form of photo on it but it clearly says at the top THIS IS YOUR TEMPORARY ID. I have uploaded this document 3 separate times, each with a small explanation and my previous ID attached in the same document and have been denied all 3 times. No explanation, no reason...just a flat out denial.

Why didn't you use your old license to get it done before switching your driver's license? As long as it was a valid WA license, you would have been good to go.

K-pax

Yeah, pretty brutal. I had a couple of really lucky fares yesterday, otherwise I would have made chump change. Almost all min fares around Seattle for most of the night. Having to hustle HARD this week, glad I also worked Labor Day, which I usually take off, so I'm slightly ahead.

I switched over to Lyft and it was a colossal waste of time and effort (about $40 in 3 hours from 4pm to 7pm in Seattle, with Uber I would have been at about $70). I don't know what else to do, Uber support twitter just told me to send a message and after waiting 7 hours they denied my document.

Lyft a waste of time? I usually make a little bit more per week on Lyft than Uber (60/40 roughly). Uber suppresses surges way too much, while charging the pax the surge price and pocketing the difference as an inflated 'service fee'. One of the BumberShoot days, I accidentally accepted a 1.3x Uber run (thankfully short distance, so I was able to run back to my spot as the surge/PT was still building to a crecendo). The Pax, very nice lady who tends bar, told me that the Uber rate (1.3x for me) was $2 less than the 200% PT on Lyft that showed up in my third party app right at the pickup location. 200% PT on Lyft = 3x on Uber. I almost always go Lyft only when it's busy, because Lyft will actually pass on the surcharge to me, with their cut deducted at the rate agreed upon when signing up as a driver, rather than give it to their Wall Street investors.

Maybe the universe is giving you a big, fat and painfully obvious message to use what little you have left of your self-imposed vacation to go and enjoy yourself?
Smell the roses. Live life. Be around people you want to be around and do fun things.

Life is, possibly, giving you a sign. Be open to these signs and be able to read them correctly. It will be an invaluable skill you will need later when driving for Uber.

Which you will be able to do when you get your new LICENSE and not just an ID.

I have to remind myself of that from time to time, also. There's a lot more to life than working to make money. It's unfortunate that human beings have to spend so much time and energy on such an empty pursuit.

Travis Bickle Uber

Yeah, pretty brutal. I had a couple of really lucky fares yesterday, otherwise I would have made chump change. Almost all min fares around Seattle for most of the night. Having to hustle HARD this week, glad I also worked Labor Day, which I usually take off, so I'm slightly ahead.

Lyft a waste of time? I usually make a little bit more per week on Lyft than Uber (60/40 roughly). Uber suppresses surges way too much, while charging the pax the surge price and pocketing the difference as an inflated 'service fee'. One of the BumberShoot days, I accidentally accepted a 1.3x Uber run (thankfully short distance, so I was able to run back to my spot as the surge/PT was still building to a crecendo). The Pax, very nice lady who tends bar, told me that the Uber rate (1.3x for me) was $2 less than the 200% PT on Lyft that showed up in my third party app right at the pickup location. 200% PT on Lyft = 3x on Uber. I almost always go Lyft only when it's busy, because Lyft will actually pass on the surcharge to me, with their cut deducted at the rate agreed upon when signing up as a driver, rather than give it to their Wall Street investors.

I have to remind myself of that from time to time, also. There's a lot more to life than working to make money. It's unfortunate that human beings have to spend so much time and energy on such an empty pursuit.

Great stuff agree all the way around.

One interesting thing I noticed is Uber will remind you 1 month prior that your insurance is going to expire but I dont recall one for your drivers license. I renewed mine two months before expiration but forgot to update on Uber. I was driving and after dropping off a pax between 1159-midnight all of a sudden when the ride ended it said I was not active. Took a pic of my license and uploaded it and within 1 minute was back approved.

After taking most of summer off from driving (maybe 6 days total) I'm going out tonight to drive. For context, I only drive friday and Saturday nights from about 4pm-230am when I do go out. From December-May I think I only missed 4 Fridays or Saturdays total.

I've got my first tattoo I'm getting finished next week to pay for and a trip to Italy im taking at the end of the month I'd like some extra cash for. I know its going to be slow but hoping it isn't too awful. Bringing a book with me.

K-pax

Great stuff agree all the way around.

One interesting thing I noticed is Uber will remind you 1 month prior that your insurance is going to expire but I dont recall one for your drivers license. I renewed mine two months before expiration but forgot to update on Uber. I was driving and after dropping off a pax between 1159-midnight all of a sudden when the ride ended it said I was not active. Took a pic of my license and uploaded it and within 1 minute was back approved.

After taking most of summer off from driving (maybe 6 days total) I'm going out tonight to drive. For context, I only drive friday and Saturday nights from about 4pm-230am when I do go out. From December-May I think I only missed 4 Fridays or Saturdays total.

I've got my first tattoo I'm getting finished next week to pay for and a trip to Italy im taking at the end of the month I'd like some extra cash for. I know its going to be slow but hoping it isn't too awful. Bringing a book with me.

I'm sure there will be some opportunities. I did kinda meh last night, but not as bad as I expected.

Varg666

Well let me make a few things clear. I am a new driver and was too busy with my primary job to take time off and get my license renewed. Also I could still be in this situation as I wouldn't have received my permanent ID right away. I just started driving 3 weeks ago so I wouldn't have had the need to renew that much earlier anyways.

The comments about it being slow are definitely true. My first week I made almost a thousand dollars in the 40 hours I worked. Second and third week, barely scratching 700. It's all extra money to me so I'm happy with every penny.

And finally the comments about some bullshit about how I should just enjoy my vacation made me chuckle. I get 3 weeks paid vacation and have a hard time filling that void. I've worked long hours my entire life and for that I have a lot to show for someone my age. I'm not going to slow down and smell the roses because "the universe is sending me a message" or some bullshit. Live fast and die hard. I'm not slowing down until I've driven every major race track in this country in whatever car I choose once I'm done saving!