Uber will now let Drivers comment on PAX... 4* rating or less.

Waingro

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/26/16366104/uber-driver-rider-feedback-rating-pool

The update will ask drivers “what went wrong” if they select a four-star rating or less. They can then choose from a list of reasons: “wait time,” “patience,” “number of riders,” “attitude,” “wanted new route,” or “other.” If a rider gets the same “tag” twice within 30 days, a notification will appear when they open the Uber app to let them know that their behavior is affecting their rating.

lespaul

i'm not sure about this.... the customer is always right.... even though some are a$$ holes, they still spend money

Nice911

Since last couple of days, I am getting 3 stars from riders for no reason (I think..!!) even though I try to give best and they are nice to me during the trips, the next day I see my rating drops because I have few 3 star trips.. :frown:

JCS26

Since last couple of days, I am getting 3 stars from riders for no reason (I think..!!) even though I try to give best and they are nice to me during the trips, the next day I see my rating drops because I have few 3 star trips.. :frown:

If you knew they rate you low rate them 1* so you won't feel treated unfairly

weekendnightdriver

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/26/16366104/uber-driver-rider-feedback-rating-pool

The update will ask drivers “what went wrong” if they select a four-star rating or less. They can then choose from a list of reasons: “wait time,” “patience,” “number of riders,” “attitude,” “wanted new route,” or “other.” If a rider gets the same “tag” twice within 30 days, a notification will appear when they open the Uber app to let them know that their behavior is affecting their rating.

Oh.. Have Uber watched my posting? Lol
https://uberpeople.net/threads/ratings-system-maths.202281/#post-3020711

Actually I wanted to see their BADGES with their rating when we are pinged.

Thanks, but that's the problem, how do I know who rated me 1* or 3* ?
Don't revenge them. Although I sometimes revenge 1* them, I keep my blacklist on their behaviour and change their rating at my convenient time 1 or 2 weeks later.

JCS26

Thanks, but that's the problem, how do I know who rated me 1* or 3* ?

If you see the pax upset, if they ask why you took a different route, if they called you and asked where you are, I'm sure you are an adult and know if people is pissed off you will know

Nice911

If you see the pax upset, if they ask why you took a different route, if they called you and asked where you are, I'm sure you are an adult and know if people is pissed off you will know
yes I will know straight away if they are upset by the way they talk..but nothing like that sort happens

MyRedUber

don't you think that if rider see 1* to his(her) name the last driver they used will get "punished" because of you???,whole rating system is pointless and is there to intimidate drivers
Possibly, but that's unfortunate. The same may be happening to me also.
I don't give 1s, only 4s or occasionally a 3.

Incredible people go back 2 weeks or 1 month later to re-rate
Only about 1 rotten passenger a month, not everyone.

Dhaw

Thas weird! You seem so nice?

As long as you see them in the trip history, you can rerate them. For me, just 2 ratings.

1* : I won't take them again.
5* : I will take them again.
Amen to that!

I want more reasons...... Foul Body Odour...... Eats With Mouth Open and Slobbers......

Thing

don't you think that if rider see 1* to his(her) name the last driver they used will get "punished" because of you???,whole rating system is pointless and is there to intimidate drivers
Good way to cull your competition :biggrin:

& yes, absolutely stupid pathetic system, what moron devised a rating system where 4 out of the 5 ratings are a fail :confused:

But this is how stupid corporate business is now, if I go to the bank, make an enquiry or perform a variety of transactions these days, I get a ridiculous pathetic email asking me to do a survey &/or rate my experience :mad:

Waingro

What I like about this change in ratings and feedback is that at least they will get a message of their actions. Yes they can game system and play silly buggers however at I dont like saying anything to PAX as I want their ride to be pleasant even though I drove for 15 mins to get to them and they made me wait until 4.57 till they got in the car.
Its always our bias that gets us drivers....

soontobeautomated

This is a good thing. But it WILL lead to more retaliation from immediately rating a passenger less than 5 stars.

Remember we can rerate right back months (well I can). It's fun to rerate a rude passenger 3 stars 3 days after the trip, then one star a few days later. Its even better now they might be more alert to their ratings and can see them keep dropping.

As for passengers, they only have 72 hours to rate (or rerate) a trip. Thats why our weekly ratings report comes out around noon on Friday for the week ended on the prior Sunday. Once you have your ratings report, the passenger cannot rerate you - although they might be able to report you.