Uber will $hut down U$ car-lea$ing busine$$

Uberdancer

• In August, a person familiar with the matter told CNBC that Uber will shut down, sell or consolidate the U.S. leasing business.
  • Uber executives determined that the average loss per vehicle was about 18 times what they had thought, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Uber is $hutting it$ co$tly car-lea$ing unit a$ new CEO Dara Kho$row$hahi pu$he$ the company to focu$ on busine$$e$ that make money.

"We have decided to stop operating Xchange Leasing and move towards a less capital-intensive approach," a spokesperson told CNBC.

Xchange, a wholly-owned unit of Uber, had operations in U.S. cities including Los Angeles and Atlanta, and leased cars such as the Ford Focus and Nissan Altima.

Uber's decision was hardly a surprise. In August, a person familiar with the matter told CNBC that the company would shut down, sell to a partner or consolidate the U.S. leasing business to make it more efficient. Khosrowshahi was named CEO on Aug. 29, replacing co-founder Travis Kalanick, who was ousted in June.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/27/uber-shuts-down-car-leasing-program.html

Last edited:

tohunt4me

• In August, a person familiar with the matter told CNBC that Uber will shut down, sell or consolidate the U.S. leasing business.
  • Uber executives determined that the average loss per vehicle was about 18 times what they had thought, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Uber is shutting its costly car-leasing unit as new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi pushes the company to focus on businesses that make money.

"We have decided to stop operating Xchange Leasing and move towards a less capital-intensive approach," a spokesperson told CNBC.

Xchange, a wholly-owned unit of Uber, had operations in U.S. cities including Los Angeles and Atlanta, and leased cars such as the Ford Focus and Nissan Altima.

Uber's decision was hardly a surprise. In August, a person familiar with the matter told CNBC that the company would shut down, sell to a partner or consolidate the U.S. leasing business to make it more efficient. Khosrowshahi was named CEO on Aug. 29, replacing co-founder Travis Kalanick, who was ousted in June.

HERE !

WRITTEN PROOF OF UBER'S INABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE COST OF OWNING AND OPERATING VEHICLES !!!

HERE

RIGHT HERE!

PAY DRIVERS UBER !

A
Uber is shutting its costly car-leasing unit as new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi pushes the company to focus on businesses that make money.

And the costs will be 180 times what they think regarding " self driving" cars !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-27-16-09-48.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-27-16-09-48.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-22-11.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-22-11.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 23

Philbert

Awesome. This stops the indentured servitude with predatory leasing while giving more rides to me. Win win. This is why drivers can never unite: There's too many of us and we are competing.

dennis09

HERE !

WRITTEN PROOF OF UBER'S INABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE COST OF OWNING AND OPERATING VEHICLES !!!

HERE

RIGHT HERE!

PAY DRIVERS UBER !

A

And the costs will be 180 times what they think regarding " self driving" cars !

Word on the streets is that they've come to a sudden reality check on this. Each car will cost in excess of $225,000. Now, I didn't major in maths like my Asian friends, but that's a lot more than the current $0 situation.

tohunt4me

To be fair, one of them majored in Art. Was a real head scratcher until I saw the size of his home. Could spend a lifetime decorating that place and not run out of his parents money.
Davinci used mathematics, Sacred Geometry,& the Golden Ratio in all of his works.

The math is hidden.

Just as in Music.

" Sectio Aurea"
" Music of the Spheres" Pythagoras of Samora.
The Fibonacci Spiral.
( Pythagoras was of the last of the Mystery School Students at the actual Pyramids)
( Carried on since Toth)

All of the works of Tool are encoded.

There IS more around you than you may be seeing.

Once you learn the language, it is everywhere.
For thousands of years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-27-19-15-09.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-27-19-15-09.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2017-09-27-19-17-47.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-27-19-17-47.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

SRGuy

Uber had expected to lose $500/car but were losing roughly $9,000/car. This will impact the number of
cars on the road in SF. Program was setup to help drivers with bad credit acquire a vehicle.

tohunt4me

I can make a painting
And a song
Convey the exact same message
In a room full of people
On National t.v.
And you may never know.

tohunt4me

" Dont need a ' WEATHERMAN' to tell me which way the Wind Blows" - Bob Dylan

Humming " Gonna have to Serve Somenody"
. . .

Even Einstein is quoted on the Frequency of the Vibrational Universe. All mathematics. Study Quantum Mechanics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-27-19-26-07.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-27-19-26-07.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 17

uberhernder

I was approved for exchanged lease a year ago, visited the exchanged lease dealer in Hayward but walked out pretty quick since it was a total ripoff.
I do checked my list of participating dealers every couple of weeks and it shows multiple ones, I checked again today and it only shows Hertz rental.

List of participating dealers and even exchanged lease us GONE!!

tohunt4me

I was approved for exchanged lease a year ago, visited the exchanged lease dealer in Hayward but walked out pretty quick since it was a total ripoff.
I do checked my list of participating dealers every couple of weeks and it shows multiple ones, I checked again today and it only shows Hertz rental.

List of participating dealers and even exchanged lease us GONE!!
And Uber Drivers will be GONE !

UNLESS RATES ARE RAISED !

Strange Fruit

Uber executives determined that the average loss per vehicle was about 18 times what they had thought,
Wait. They lie all the time to try to look better. Why would they want the investors to know this is the sort of judgement they've been exercising? I guess it makes Dara look like more of a game changer. So now that he's acknowleging it costs 18 times more than they thought to operate a vehicle, they'll be raising the pay next. Right?