Uber Will Automatically Add Pool Riders

Adjei

Hello,

I'm pretty new with uber. Started with them this February.

I just got an email from them saying they have a new feature for pool in which they will automatically add riders for uberpool and we don't have a choice to decline it. They will also automatically rerouted using their navigation app. What sort of nonsense is this? Why are they taking away drivers choice?

Hannibalb

They needed to do this for safety reasons. Of course it takes even more control away from the driver and makes pool even less attractive. They should cut their take in half if they are serious about getting drivers to adopt it. Raise the rate they charge for x and poo by 50% while they are at it.

Uberpro

Pool is not always 30% cheaper it goes upto 40% + 30+1.5 uber fee. Do not touch your when u c pool.
Screenshot_2016-06-28-15-32-18.png

Slavic Riga

Just saw i got it as well... Just another driver unfriendly change that Uber masquerades as a good thing.

View attachment 50433
Concept of UberPool. Matching passengers heading in the same direction you are driving i.e. main roads & streets.
No Detours. If you have to make a detour, 'Forget it'.
Partners here is a tip.
Be extra focused on your driving & skip the p/u point & carry-on to the final destination. Its your hand moving the steering wheel not the app.
Navigation app will reset to original destination on passing second p/u point.
Buses don't move from their scheduled marked route to p/u people from their homes & buildings.

Deoxlar

I don't accept second passenger if the first is 4 to 6km away from destination. You save the detour and the two minutes wait time but get paid around the same due to the 10% uber cut. If you take two, uber takes 30%.

Actionjax

Not taking subsequent pings lowers your total take on the trip. Not sure why you wouldn't take it. Doing an unmatched Pool trip just kills the overall earning potential.

Again if you compare the same trips with X on matched 2 or 3 times for lets say Downtown to North York you do make more.

But again please continue to ignore...you make my life easier.

scott huston

Not taking subsequent pings lowers your total take on the trip. Not sure why you wouldn't take it. Doing an unmatched Pool trip just kills the overall earning potential.

Again if you compare the same trips with X on matched 2 or 3 times for lets say Downtown to North York you do make more.

Getting 2 pax from downtown that are going to north york is good. Got 2 from downtown on Saturday both to pickering and this was also good. Better matches are always good, the problem is with the poor matches and short poo's. I picked up 2 riders in the regent park area, one was going to fort york and one to sauga. I made a little less in total than the sauga call on x. I am happy to give pool a chance as it is getting better, to me if uber was serious about pool being the future they would take 20% not 30 on pool. This difference leaves very little room for error as far as profitable matches go.

Actionjax

Getting 2 pax from downtown that are going to north york is good. Got 2 from downtown on Saturday both to pickering and this was also good. Better matches are always good, the problem is with the poor matches and short poo's. I picked up 2 riders in the regent park area, one was going to fort york and one to sauga. I made a little less in total than the sauga call on x. I am happy to give pool a chance as it is getting better, to me if uber was serious about pool being the future they would take 20% not 30 on pool. This difference leaves very little room for error as far as profitable matches go.
I had a very long trip to the east end. 3 pickups took about 30 min. And they were all very close to each other. But as you know how rush hour is with turn restrictions and congestion it was a mess. All 3 people to the east end of the city around Coxwell O'conor area. They were all going to the same place.

Paid about $28 for all 3 of them. Total time was bout 1 Hour in the car complete. Paid about $34 total for 19KM. Uber added another $4.22 for that trip.

Now to be honest all 3 passengers were in low surge.

Manhoos

I had a very long trip to the east end. 3 pickups took about 30 min. And they were all very close to each other. But as you know how rush hour is with turn restrictions and congestion it was a mess. All 3 people to the east end of the city around Coxwell O'conor area. They were all going to the same place.

Paid about $28 for all 3 of them. Total time was bout 1 Hour in the car complete. Paid about $34 total for 19KM. Uber added another $4.22 for that trip.

Now to be honest all 3 passengers were in low surge.
I like your consistency.. Keep trying.. :p

Harry70

Power corrupts: absolute power corrupts absolutely: forced labour ; no check and balance: I feel pity for all of us ; again monopolistic decision

Andy3131

I am ok with earnings on pool. My big issue is the rating. Last week I took one 3-pickup pool to Mississauga. The problem is that the pax spent almost an hour in my car. Good payout but my rating went down from 4.85 yo 4.83 after that single pool trip. Uber needs to do something about this. Pax order pool hopping to get a private ride, then get matched with 2 others pax and low star you for this.

Aldagr8

Best option would be to eliminate Pool ratings from affecting your overall rating. Only ISSUES (i.e. Attitude, Dangerous Driving,etc) should be taken into consideration.

Actionjax

I am ok with earnings on pool. My big issue is the rating. Last week I took one 3-pickup pool to Mississauga. The problem is that the pax spent almost an hour in my car. Good payout but my rating went down from 4.85 yo 4.83 after that single pool trip. Uber needs to do something about this. Pax order pool hopping to get a private ride, then get matched with 2 others pax and low star you for this.
Overall stats are that pool trips are rated higher than X. Most people already know what they are getting. I would say the lower rating ones because of matches they are in the minority. We all have them....good thing is that trip you actually had 2 others rate you well and one low.

I get it....we all have had this happen. But at least overall it should not make a difference.

Bruce55

I've changed my outlook on poo, it doesn't smell as bad as it used to, especially if you've been banished to the 'burbs...I try and keep it light when there's strangers sitting beside each other, and they seem to appreciate it. I'll introduce the 2nd pax to the first so it's not so awkward.
In the middle of the ride I'll say stuff like "so how long have you known each other?" It always gets a chuckle, I've also been telling pax they're getting five stars. I've been a 4.90 for months and I'm ok with it...I find if you focus on driving and keeping it light the ratings will take care of itself.