• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber wild IPO parties employee had to resign

No Prisoners

"Uber parties for IPO were so wild an employee had to resign"

Hopefully Uber drivers on duty skipped these alcohol-fueled company parties.
In-house bashes on the day the company went public reportedly got so out of hand that one was shut down and another employee was forced to resign after a drunken outburst, according to a new report.

Workers celebrated with company-provided booze at Uber offices on May 10, as CEO Dara Khosrowshahi rang the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange, the Washington Post reported, citing employees who said the parties made them “uncomfortable and seemed immature.”

The parties were reminiscent of Uber’s “bro culture” Khosrowshahi had promised to help stop.

“Old Uber hid themselves until today apparently,” one anonymous employee told the paper.

Uber has been dogged by allegations of sexual harassment, wage complaints from drivers and a rowdy, inappropriate workplace culture. The US Attorney General investigated the accusations, and issued new employee guidelines that suggested limiting alcohol in the workplace.

Company warnings to “keep it classy” during the recent IPO celebrations were apparently ignored in some cases. At Uber’s San Francisco headquarters, the company-provided champagne began flowing in the morning and continued through the afternoon, the Washington Post reported. Workers headed to the bars before returning to a beer and wine “happy hour” around 2 p.m.

Employees also cracked open bottles of tequila and whiskey branded with the old Uber logo. The bottles had been created during former CEO Travis Kalanick’s time at the company. He was pushed out in 2017 amid the unsavory accusations.

The partying continued well into the night and in one case, a worker’s car keys had to be taken away, according to an anonymous employee cited by the Washington Post.

Uber admitted it “took action” against some employees who did not “celebrate … responsibly,” the paper reported.

IR12

"Uber parties for IPO were so wild an employee had to resign"

Uber employee lost their job. I'm ok w/that but, what the heck was there to celebrate?

Daisey77

I was just going to post this LOL I don't even know what to say. They're losing billions and cutting our pay so low that a lot of us are struggling just to live and they are ordering bottles of alcohol with their logo on it? They're getting paid to party and go to the bars while we are out making pennies and being deactivated for false accusations🤦🤦🤦

peteyvavs

I was just going to post this LOL I don't even know what to say. They're losing billions and cutting our pay so low that a lot of us are struggling just to live and they are ordering bottles of alcohol with their logo on it? They're getting paid to party and go to the bars while we are out making pennies and being deactivated for false accusations🤦🤦🤦
Dara’s days are numbered, I hope he gets all the media exposure for the SCHMUCK that he is.

peteyvavs

Doesn't matter to me, I see them all as criminals that have enough money now to buy themselves a conscience.
LOL, there’s no amount of money in the universes that can buy these a holes a conscience or soul.
Post automatically merged:

Uber employee lost their job. I'm ok w/that but, what the heck was there to celebrate?
They wanted to escape with what’s left of their integrity, or their just plain STUPID, I vote for the latter.

Last edited:

Ubermcbc

They are partying because they make everybody fool since their birth till ipo. Everything they lost in that 10 year journey that we and the entire world think A LOSS, was basically an investment which they claim it back with huge guaranteed surge in the ipo. Even if this ship sink after ipo, most of them are set for life and they can put that achievement on their resume and jump to another ship. Actual loosers, DRIVERS.

chitownXdriver

In-house bashes on the day the company went public reportedly got so out of hand that one was shut down and another employee was forced to resign after a drunken outburst, according to a new report.

TXUbering

Considering what type of person we have sitting at the White House, why should this surprise anyone? While I don't believe either of today's major parties represent my best interests, one party seems to go out of its way to push failed trickle down policies more than the other. Although, just a few years ago the supposed "working class" party helped push legislation in Florida which makes it easier for predatory payday lending companies to operate.

No Prisoners

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Considering what type of person we have sitting at the White House, why should this surprise anyone? While I don't believe either of today's major parties represent my best interests, one party seems to go out of its way to push failed trickle down policies more than the other. Although, just a few years ago the supposed "working class" party helped push legislation in Florida which makes it easier for predatory payday lending companies to operate.
Is this a political post. Fail to understand what politics have to do with the context of the original post.
Maybe then switch this post to politics.
It's ludicrous people can't have an intelligent exchange without someone throwing in reference to POTUS or politics.
Thanks for high jacking the post