Uber - we are not dumb, fix the problem

Many a post on upfront fares in this forum during the past. I never drove, end december or beginning of Jan during the last 3 years except this year. This post is not regarding the calculation method or the rate paid. This is regarding the immoral attitude of Uber regarding up front fares.

I have picked up pax close to Monash Freeway (No intersection) entered freeway (No ramp lights) driven at max recommended speed (Tulla at 100) and BRAKED only at the drop off ramp at the terminal. This i have done a few times in the last three weeks and been underpaid $3-5 every single time. What really happens is the driver subsidises the rider $3-5. This is immoral and unethical behaviour by Uber.

Uber has DATA of thousands and thousands of trips over the last 5 years or more and have a very accurate costing of the fare. What time, what day of the week, peak, off peak and can work out an estimate to reflect the final fare with a variance of 1% +/-. The quoted fare should be on the upper side and the actual fare on the lower side.

This needs to be taken up by the drivers who get invited for the monthly meeting at Uber, Members of Rideshare drivers association and all drivers in general to preassure Uber to reduce the variance and provide a fare with minimal variance. Also, there is a genuine case for the FWC and the ACCC to get involved in this issue.

clmre

Many a post on upfront fares in this forum during the past. I never drove, end december or beginning of Jan during the last 3 years except this year. This post is not regarding the calculation method or the rate paid. This is regarding the immoral attitude of Uber regarding up front fares.

I have picked up pax close to Monash Freeway (No intersection) entered freeway (No ramp lights) driven at max recommended speed (Tulla at 100) and BRAKED only at the drop off ramp at the terminal. This i have done a few times in the last three weeks and been underpaid $3-5 every single time. What really happens is the driver subsidises the rider $3-5. This is immoral and unethical behaviour by Uber.

Uber has DATA of thousands and thousands of trips over the last 5 years or more and have a very accurate costing of the fare. What time, what day of the week, peak, off peak and can work out an estimate to reflect the final fare with a variance of 1% +/-. The quoted fare should be on the upper side and the actual fare on the lower side.

This needs to be taken up by the drivers who get invited for the monthly meeting at Uber, Members of Rideshare drivers association and all drivers in general to preassure Uber to reduce the variance and provide a fare with minimal variance. Also, there is a genuine case for the FWC and the ACCC to get involved in this issue.
Unfortunately nothing new there, got ripped off few times too but learned from it, no room for error or requests with upfront fixed fares, it is what it is, need to work out quickest best way to destination beforehand and stick to it

Tony852

Unfortunately nothing new there, got ripped off few times too but learned from it, no room for error or requests with upfront fixed fares, it is what it is, need to work out quickest best way to destination beforehand and stick to it
How do you know it will be fixed fare?

Hybridbuster

Get them to change location if you are concerned about upfront fares.
You can always complete trip 500 meters before destination it will revert to meterd.
Best thing is to do is get them to cancel on terminal,it reverts to meterd rate and you get trip back within minutes
Win win situation for all.
And yes drive like you stole it shortest way and you will end up with $3-$10 bonus on long trips.

ANTe

OLA are the best company for drivers as they pay us by base, time and distance.

The others all have fixed fares and shortchange us heavily.

Royals

, Members of Rideshare drivers association and all drivers in general to preassure Uber to reduce the variance and provide a fare with minimal variance. Also, there is a genuine case for the FWC and the ACCC to get involved in this issue.
I’ll let Max know about it.

Okay??

Hybridbuster

OLA are the best company for drivers as they pay us by base, time and distance.

The others all have fixed fares and shortchange us heavily.
No you are too lazy to work out how upfront works.
Once you know than you can make extra $$$ on long trips by optimising your route choice
Ola pays less

Sleepo

No you are too lazy to work out how upfront works.
Once you know than you can make extra $$$ on long trips by optimising your route choice
Ola pays less
Ola does not pay less, occasionally Ubers upfront fares favour the driver, and you win, if you have heavy traffic or accidents, or floods or whatever you always lose even though the signed agreement with Uber says it will revert to time and distance when there are delays , often even changing destination slightly does not work, anyway I see an end to upfront fares in the future, as part of California's new independent contractor laws, Uber have had to abandon up front fares.