Uber Wave pitch over the phone

blackjackross

Yesterday, at 9PM I got a call from an Uber rep while I had a rider in the car. He was pitching me to get onboard with the WAV vehicle leasing program. I explained that I was on a ride and he told me that he would be willing to go on hold and wait if the ride was ending in a couple of minutes. I hung up and never heard from him again.

What kind of crap is that?

WestSubDriver

LOL, I wonder how you got selected for personal solicitation? It can't be based upon the hours that you drive. I don't see alot of WAV demand at that time. They must be under the gun, though, if they are resorting to cold calling drivers to recruit them.

blackjackross

LOL, I wonder how you got selected for personal solicitation? It can't be based upon the hours that you drive. I don't see alot of WAV demand at that time. They must be under the gun, though, if they are resorting to cold calling drivers to recruit them.
That was the same line of reasoning I had. I drive primarily 7 or 8 PM to 4 or 5 AM----can't see how I would fit the profile of a typical Wave vehicle candidate. But then again, there may be some demand for Wave as some folks with disabilities may be working 2d or 3d shift somewhere and need a ride to/from work.

I used to know someone who was wheel chair bound and worked as a police dispatcher with the Lake Country Sheriff. Her husband used to drive her around.

Last edited:

Vladko

I drive after 3 pm only. Got the same call. Said only one phrase 'i'm not interested' and heard 'good bye'.

awins

Paxhole told me the other day he requested a wav ride the other day just to see what it was. Pick up eta was 24 mins. Paxhole cancelled and got me.

chitown73

Lol... I had the EXACT same call a couple weeks back. I believe it was late in the evening when they called me too. They started by asking if I would be interested in the Uber WAV program and of I'd like more information. My response.. HELL NO. Smdh.

mikes424

Got the same call last week. I asked and was told the WAV would be a lease. The only way to earn enough to pay the lease and be profitable is to work full time. Many drivers are part time. If you are already paying on your car it would mean a second monthly car payment. Told the lady I couldn't afford it. I don't think I am alone in that.

Mapnik

Yesterday, at 9PM I got a call from an Uber rep while I had a rider in the car. ...
That's very creepy, and I rarely use that word. Apparently, they are actually cold-calling drivers in a desperate attempt to 'sell' them on WAV... Uber has serious problems that Travis and the other 'visionaries' never expected, like needing to comply with ADA... if they priced this thing according to the actual costs, including the cars, the admin, all the lawyers, let alone the driver, you would probably get to a price-level that would be way too high, the volume would go right down the tubes, and the $70 billion pie would soon be a small slice.

Not to mention - inevitably a WAV driver will be taking X trips, Pool trips, delivery trips, everything else...

ABC123DEF

That's very creepy, and I rarely use that word. Apparently, they are actually cold-calling drivers in a desperate attempt to 'sell' them on WAV... Uber has serious problems that Travis and the other 'visionaries' never expected, like needing to comply with ADA... if they priced this thing according to the actual costs, including the cars, the admin, all the lawyers, let alone the driver, you would probably get to a price-level that would be way too high, the volume would go right down the tubes, and the $70 billion pie would soon be a small slice.

Not to mention - inevitably a WAV driver will be taking X trips, Pool trips, delivery trips, everything else...

Good....I like seeing Oopsber getting a slap upside the head.