Uber was a bit of a nightmare in Chicago today

Young Kim

Due to the downtown lootings in Chicago yesterday, Uber was tough today. It was hard and next to impossible to get to certain pickup locations today, because of yesterday's lootings downtown. A lot of streets were closed, even I think up north. I was driving get into downtown from the South Loop and all the exits appeared to be closed until you passed downtown. Traffic was really bad. I heard the bridges were up as well. I believe that due to caution, even some of the malls up north had closed streets. I had an UberEats pickup today at a Red Lobster and as I tried to get close to the restaurant, you couldn't turn left onto Touhy from McCormick. So I entered the parking lot, and again, blocked. Then I steered around counterclockwise...still blocked. Had to finally cancel the request because I saw no way to get to my pickup location. The looters last night made an entire city gridlocked, and made it painfully difficult for me to get to my pickups. I hope the looters reflect on what they did and realize they didn't just cause broken windows and stolen goods. They also stole countless hours of thousands of people stranded in traffic because many roads were closed leading to malls, stores, homes, and restaurants epecially streets entering downtown. True anti-social people!

Last edited:

Young Kim

The issue with Touhy and McCormick was due to down power lines.

My friend father of unicorns, thanks, I couldn't understand why I couldn't get into Red Lobster from Touhy and McCormick for my UberEats order. After fighting the traffic in the city downtown due to fears, I thought maybe the police blocked off Lincoln Town Center as a precaution. I was so frustrated because the app told me I was 2 minutes away from Red Lobster, then 3 minutes, then 2 minutes, then 4 minutes... I just gave up and cancelled, which I hate to do.