Uber wants us to sign petition

Stevie The magic Unicorn

ny uber x rate is 1.75 per mile .35 per minute which is 3 times 90+% of other markets at .60 per mile LMAO

$7 minimum fare

90+% of the country would get a minimum $3+ per rides & & $10+ minimum on 10+ mile rides if regulated like that

lets see 10 rides a day x $3 extra $30 a day fills the tank extra $900 a month on just minimum fares $7 still to low for me to accept but i guess its fair

and thats barely minimum wage

think most drivers would be more than happy earning double or triple

plus 90% of my rides are 3-7am for $120-$180+, i play ghost car during rush hour so fine by me if i cant log in during that time 9-5 is mostly short trips to work, yoga,school stuck in traffic with entitled pax that dont tip & think they can afford a chauffeur to run errands, i want airport no traffic no drama

thin line between profit & loss a full tank of gas everyday adds up
Thanks for showign a good perspective on reality,

3-7 am for $120-180?

Those are amazing numbers...

I WISH i could hit that all the time in a taxi charging taxi rates but that jut doesn't happen.
But i get that, I also don't work in NYC.

Right now in many markets $180 isn't achievable in 18 HOURS!

And you can pull it off in 4 sometimes?

Post automatically merged:

Nobody is making 40$\hr in Florida. Unless you're sleeping in your car for 6 hours to work another 12. Hard pass.
You guys still aren't getting it..
$40/hour in Florida is how much i think your getting for the time a customer is actually in the car, IE for a 60 minute drive you'll probably get $40.

a 6 minute drive is $4.00 and a 10 minute drive is 6-7, with a 15 minute drive being $10 ECT.

Reality is that the $100 an hour i get driving taxi really boils down to $20 an hour average. The only time i average $100 an hour is... uhh.. never...

and $40 an hour doing uber really boils down to about $10 in actual driving.

$21 an hour?

When applied to realistic conditions that's $7.00 for a 20 minute drive. Which is a paycut for Orlando.

They arn't saying $21 an hour for all the time you are logged in, they are saying $21 an hour for the time you have a passenger, big difference yo...

IF YOU DRIVE A CUSTOMER 5 MINUTES DOWN THE ROAD, and get Paid $3.50?

That's $42 an ahour...

$3.50/5 = 70c a minute.

70c X 60 = $42 an hour.

A $50 fare that is a half an hour drive...

$50/30= $1.66 a minute
x 60 minutes = $100 an hour.

Suck it...

Mathmagic for the win.

Last edited:

SuperDumped

Thanks for showign a good perspective on reality,

3-7 am for $120-180?

Those are amazing numbers...

I WISH i could hit that all the time in a taxi charging taxi rates but that jut doesn't happen.
But i get that, I also don't work in NYC.

Right now in many markets $180 isn't achievable in 18 HOURS!

And you can pull it off in 4 sometimes?

Post automatically merged:

You guys still aren't getting it..
$40/hour in Florida is how much i think your getting for the time a customer is actually in the car, IE for a 60 minute drive you'll probably get $40.

a 6 minute drive is $4.00 and a 10 minute drive is 6-7, with a 15 minute drive being $10 ECT.

Reality is that the $100 an hour i get driving taxi really boils down to $20 an hour average. The only time i average $100 an hour is... uhh.. never...

and $40 an hour doing uber really boils down to about $10 in actual driving.

$21 an hour?

When applied to realistic conditions that's $7.00 for a 20 minute drive. Which is a paycut for Orlando.

They arn't saying $21 an hour for all the time you are logged in, they are saying $21 an hour for the time you have a passenger, big difference yo...

IF YOU DRIVE A CUSTOMER 5 MINUTES DOWN THE ROAD, and get Paid $3.50?

That's $42 an ahour...

$3.50/5 = 70c a minute.

70c X 60 = $42 an hour.

A $50 fare that is a half an hour drive...

$50/30= $1.66 a minute
x 60 minutes = $100 an hour.

Suck it...

Mathmagic for the win.
xl only, only take rides from bed, if not airport ignore or cancel, smart tint for the toll is extra 13 & not even in ny, location location location like real estate im sure every market has a handful of spots that it can work, I relocated so picked homebase on best uber ride, helps if you're an early bird but 90+% of the other rides dont cover my costs at thoe ridiculous illegal rates they uber lyft gets away with paying so i dont take em per my 13th amended right

every ride is $70 & thats prime time for least 1-3 runs usually could fit in a x , 1-3 people maybe some big luggage golf clubs, sat morning be the families with kids but usually all biz travelers weekdays

MiamiKid

xl only, only take rides from bed, if not airport ignore or cancel, smart tint for the toll is extra 13 & not even in ny, location location location like real estate im sure every market has a handful of spots that it can work, I relocated so picked homebase on best uber ride, helps if you're an early bird but 90+% of the other rides dont cover my costs at thoe ridiculous illegal rates they uber lyft gets away with paying so i dont take em per my 13th amended right

every ride is $70 & thats prime time for least 1-3 runs usually could fit in a x , 1-3 people maybe some big luggage golf clubs, sat morning be the families with kids but usually all biz travelers weekdays
The 13th Amendment does not apply. Relevance is ZERO.

Could I prove the above? YES! There's NEVER, in the entire history of the USA, been even one single court validate what you're suggesting. Not one ever.

In the, almost impossible case I'm wrong? Then, I go on record supporting the REPEAL OF THE 13TH AMENDMENT!

MAGA!

SHalester

I"m sorry wouldn't getting that $21 per hour '.....as you are driving to the pax.....' actually be an improvement? Just saying.
I"ll sign, once I find and I'm in calif. HOWEVER, really don't want to be an employee with all the restrictions that WILL bring, guaranteed.
I retired for a reason; Uber is to fill time with some net-net cash and no taxable income (please).