• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber wants us to sign petition

MiamiKid

Big surprise, you support Uber no matter what, it's like you are a lobbyist who is paid to post here. The problems is all drivers know they are being screwed by Uber so you telling them they are not will not make a difference.
On Uber's side 100%.

Normal stuff folks. It's called Free Market Capitalism.

And the more these grunt, working class drivers squirm, the more we're gonna squeeze.

You take a shot, we'll take a shot. And to answer your question, Uber, in fact, pays me a nice, monthly residual. Works for me!

Uber Rocks!
😎

MiamiKid

you realize the terms of it... $21 an hour while you have a passenger is only $7 for a 20 minute fare right?
NEVER, EVER look at the customers fare. Could care less.

And that is my whole point here. You're just causing yourself stress. This is your entire problem here. It's like beating a dead horse.

Here's what I look at:

My earnings per hour and mileage, for each trip. At the end of week: total earnings, per hour, for the entire time spent online for the week.

It either works or it doesn't. Less than four years ago; but, not drastic. You need to respect other views here. Many, most in my market, like our IC status and Uber in general.

Sick and tired of the venom being spit on Uber and their customers. Going to call this out. Try being a little respectful and accepting both views.

There's two sides. When I see the AB5 crowd accept, and respect, the side that's opposed; then, will, in turn, respect their side. Pretty simple.

MiamiKid

Which after expenses puts it below minimum wage where the average over all rides is at now. :smiles:
Try sticking with your own financial situation and what works for you. Many different situations here and each of us knows whether it works for us or not.

Try telling my situation and works for, or doesn't? Gonna call that out, and turn against those drivers. Period
😎

observer

Try sticking with your own financial situation and what works for you. Many different situations here and each of us knows whether it works for us or not.

Try telling my situation and works for, or doesn't? Gonna call that out, and turn against those drivers. Period
😎
He never mentioned "your situation".

Just because "Uber works for you" doesn't mean Uber works for everyone else.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

You guys who actually WANT this petition just don't get it.

This isn't a pay increase, not even in Orlando is this a pay increase.

It's actually about half of the current Orlando rates.

The current equivalent pay in Orlando is about $40 an hour. for the time a customer is in the car, Orlando X drivers are making $40 an hour. A 1 hour drive pays $40, a 15 minute drive pays $10.

What they WANT to pay is only 35c a minute. That's it...

That's all uber is promising with $21 an hour is 35c a minute from the time you accept a ping until you drop off.

20 minutes = $7.00

Uber has spun it and realized that $21 an hour is a great number, it sounds awesome. But it's garbage....

tmart

I say to those who are opposed to a AB5 who do not live in California, go drive in California for a month and get back to us and tell us how great it is, and hopefully your experience will not be like one of the thousands who have protested there lately , otherwise you might change your mind. And remember .. currently in your market it might be better

MiamiKid

He never mentioned "your situation".

Just because "Uber works for you" doesn't mean Uber works for everyone else.
Let me repeat myself.

My entire point here is, Uber works for some and not for others. Pretty simple.

If the current pay structure doesn't work for these people, they don't work. Period. Have no argument with that.

However, they do work for some of us. If we could all just accept each other's respective opinion, this would go a lot smoother.

I'm in Georgia where it, certainly, will not pass; so, time for me to step back a tad. Won't affect me. If for some reason it did go through here, have no problem calling it the wrap.
😎

observer

Let me repeat myself.

My entire point here is, Uber works for some and not for others. Pretty simple.

If the current pay structure doesn't work for these people, they don't work. Period. Have no argument with that.

However, they do work for some of us. If we could all just accept each other's respective opinion, this would go a lot smoother.

I'm in Georgia where it, certainly, will not pass; so, time for me to step back a tad. Won't affect me. If for some reason it did go through here, have no problem calling it the wrap.
😎
By the time an AB5like bill is presented in Georgia, Georgia will be Blue. :smiles:

MiamiKid

I say to those who are opposed to a AB5 who do not live in California, go drive in California for a month and get back to us and tell us how great it is, and hopefully your experience will not be like one of the thousands who have protested there lately , otherwise you might change your mind. And remember .. currently in your market it might be better
Nope, no need to go to California for a month. If you guys are for it, so be it. Looks like it's going to pass; so, you'll either live with or without it.

That's your choice. Really don't care if it passes in California. Don't live, drive or vote there; so, not worrying about it.

I'm in Georgia, where I'll remain staunchly opposed. Voted a straight conservative ticket, in the last midterm, and they all won. Those leaders will, most likely, not pass a similar bill to AB5.

If they do, however, not sweating it. Will, simply, call it a wrap. Money's made, time to celebrate. 🎉🎉
😎
Post automatically merged:

By the time an AB5like bill is presented in Georgia, Georgia will be Blue. :smiles:
Seriously doubt it. Midterm was close. General Election will remain red. Dems would not take over the entire government anyway.

And if they did, many Democrats, here, are moderate to conservative. So, will remain staunchly opposed; however, in the event it ever passed would quit and celebrate.
😎