• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber wants to take %30 off the top for destination rides

Scott.Sul

Confirmed... Charlotte test. Once again Uber knows that most drivers will always use DM to get home after driving and will suck it up and take the 30% cut. Of course they say the extra money will be distributed to drivers not using destination mode but we know how that works.

Since this is not my source of income, I think I will just turn the app off for my drive home instead of giving Uber a pay increase.

jgiun1

Uber basically just told me "f@#k you" they want to experiment by lowering what we get paid for rides picked up while in destination mode. I need those modes to belp with dead legs and getting home. This is absolutely disgusting. They should be ashamed.
Anybody post the messages sent out about it

mbd

If LA rate at .60, basically it means that Uber can go to .50 cents all other cities ( minus NY, Sea, Boston high expense cities)

RDWRER

So even though we’re “independent contractors” doesn’t that give us a right to sue them since it’d bring it far below the 58¢ Federal deduction...?

Jeekers

Re: LA Rate Cuts

What to do...

1. Join Drivers United... it’s difficult to organize but collective action is necessary

2. I have personally chosen to go on strike... I already almost completely stopped driving for Lyft when they didn’t follow suite with Uber’s fare increase... I refuse to be exploited by tearing up my car for sub-minimal earnings... I can do this because Uber is secondary income to me...for those of you that have to keep working...refuse up front unprofitable rides. If you can afford to, minimize your schedule.

3. Participate in organized rallying and protest. Let the public know the incidious manner in which we have been treated.

4. Stop patronizing all of Uber and Lyft’s products... even if it means taking a taxi...

5. Politely educate the clientele of what’s happening... this can be done in a respectable manner.

I have to remind myself that last year Uber implemented 180 Days and in LA raised fares twice, with Lyft failing to go along the second time. I believe that equal righteous indignation should be directed to Lyft for to following a Tate increase and using the price advantage to gain market share.

PLEASE DONT SIGN UP AND DRIVE FOR LYFT IN PROTEST...

TheDevilisaParttimer

Confirmed... Charlotte test. Once again Uber knows that most drivers will always use DM to get home after driving and will suck it up and take the 30% cut. Of course they say the extra money will be distributed to drivers not using destination mode but we know how that works.

Since this is not my source of income, I think I will just turn the app off for my drive home instead of giving Uber a pay increase.
Nah turn dm on and ignore all pings.

RadarRider

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lower earnings on Destination trips starting March 14

We know Destinations is an important feature for many drivers. Unfortunately, high usage of Destinations in Charlotte has increased pickup times on a number of trips. We’ve seen lower earnings for some drivers who are not using Destinations because they need to spend more time driving to pickups.

To address this issue, we’ll be testing and evaluating reduced rates on Destination trips in Charlotte starting March 14.

How this will work:

Rates will be reduced on Destination trips. The reduced rates will be based on the current impact of Destinations on pickup times in your area. You’ll always know how much the rate is reduced before you set your Destination.*

During the evaluation phase, Uber will evenly distribute the money from these reduced rates each week to drivers in Charlotte who did not use Destinations and provided at least one ride in Charlotte that week.**

Destinations may not be available if too many drivers in one area are trying to use the feature at the same time.

Here’s an example of what your app will look like before you set a Destination. The actual rate reduction may be higher or lower than 30%.

The Destinations rate reduction was taken very seriously because we know it may have a big impact on your driving experience. We will be sure to update you with any further changes. We will review how this change affects pickup times and overall driver earnings, but we also want to hear directly from you.

Please provide your valuable feedback using the link below.

SHARE FEEDBACK

*Rates outlined in the Fares section of your Partner Dashboard will be reduced on Destination trips.

**The way in which these funds are distributed to drivers is subject to change. A week is 4am Monday to 4am Monday local time, and each payment will appear on the following week’s pay statement

TheDevilisaParttimer

Lower earnings on Destination trips starting March 14

We know Destinations is an important feature for many drivers. Unfortunately, high usage of Destinations in Charlotte has increased pickup times on a number of trips. We’ve seen lower earnings for some drivers who are not using Destinations because they need to spend more time driving to pickups.

To address this issue, we’ll be testing and evaluating reduced rates on Destination trips in Charlotte starting March 14.

How this will work:

Rates will be reduced on Destination trips. The reduced rates will be based on the current impact of Destinations on pickup times in your area. You’ll always know how much the rate is reduced before you set your Destination.*

During the evaluation phase, Uber will evenly distribute the money from these reduced rates each week to drivers in Charlotte who did not use Destinations and provided at least one ride in Charlotte that week.**

Destinations may not be available if too many drivers in one area are trying to use the feature at the same time.

Here’s an example of what your app will look like before you set a Destination. The actual rate reduction may be higher or lower than 30%.

The Destinations rate reduction was taken very seriously because we know it may have a big impact on your driving experience. We will be sure to update you with any further changes. We will review how this change affects pickup times and overall driver earnings, but we also want to hear directly from you.

Please provide your valuable feedback using the link below.

SHARE FEEDBACK

*Rates outlined in the Fares section of your Partner Dashboard will be reduced on Destination trips.

**The way in which these funds are distributed to drivers is subject to change. A week is 4am Monday to 4am Monday local time, and each payment will appear on the following week’s pay statement
This sounds like Uber treating us as employees vs independent contractors.

RadarRider

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Truth is I know this is a game, but I really feel as though I have put a lot of effort into Driving safer, biting my tongue when people are assholes... and they can be.... providing amenities, cleaning my car by hand two or three times a week, keeping up with expensive maintenance, My car almost looks new.... paying for satellite radio and a better phone plan... getting up earlier than most... providing great service... yet Uber seems to take more and more... and now this... frankly it is a punch in the balls and stinks of betrayal. this is not the way to do business.
We only get TWO destination modes to use a day... How much of a diff. Instead they should be compensating us for driving 20 minutes to pick up a pax. I mean, I would not mind driving 20 minutes away if it were to provide a 90 minute drive in my direction from Greensboro.

Course I had two rides last week that took over 15/20 minutes each to get to and were a 1.8 mile and a 3 mile ride. I used my destination ride to get back from being an hour away from where I wanted to be after that in SC. So lets see.
40 minutes of FREE driving. to get less than $9 of fares over the span of an hour.
Then when I want to go back towards town and out of the boonies... I am going to have to give up %30 of anything I might be lucky enough to get on the way back. Ridiculous.

I hope they choke on the trial.

100hoursuber

Truth is I know this is a game, but I really feel as though I have put a lot of effort into Driving safer, biting my tongue when people are assholes... and they can be.... providing amenities, cleaning my car by hand two or three times a week, keeping up with expensive maintenance, My car almost looks new.... paying for satellite radio and a better phone plan... getting up earlier than most... providing great service... yet Uber seems to take more and more... and now this... frankly it is a punch in the balls and stinks of betrayal. this is not the way to do business.
We only get TWO destination modes to use a day... How much of a diff. Instead they should be compensating us for driving 20 minutes to pick up a pax. I mean, I would not mind driving 20 minutes away if it were to provide a 90 minute drive in my direction from Greensboro.

Course I had two rides last week that took over 15/20 minutes each to get to and were a 1.8 mile and a 3 mile ride. I used my destination ride to get back from being an hour away from where I wanted to be after that in SC. So lets see.
40 minutes of FREE driving. to get less than $9 of fares over the span of an hour.
Then when I want to go back towards town and out of the boonies... I am going to have to give up %30 of anything I might be lucky enough to get on the way back. Ridiculous.

I hope they choke on the trial.
I haven't cleaned my car for a month. I had a free car wash at Toyota Dealer a month ago. I'm not very nice to paxholes. My 90s Korean music Bluetooth YouTube is always on. I always being myself and never do what I don't wanna do. If paxholes annoys me, I turn music on and race the car. I know some ladies wet their pants. However, I know my driving skill is as good as the driver in movie "drives". I get my job done 100%.

EphLux

Translation: We've lost ground to Lyft on the all-important metric of Time to Pickup due to the widespread use of our designation filters. Since we have lost market share to Lyft, we can no longer offer this perk to you.

Real world translation: We are going to alienate you further so that you'll be more likely to drive for Lyft. Then we will have to alienate further our remaining drivers. We enjoy this. It gives us a sense of control. We have absolutely no comprehension of the concept of good will or loyalty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sconnie Complaints 7
KingEsmo Advocacy 22
S San Francisco 6