1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber wants to help the dreamers

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by MHR, Sep 8, 2017.

1. MHR

MHR Well-Known Member

Dear (insert your name here),

With the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program set to end in 6 months, we’re offering help to members of our driving community affected by this policy change. If you’re a DACA recipient, Uber stands with you. Here’s the support that we’re pledging to you and your loved ones:

• We’re committing $500,000 to fund legal support and assistance to DACA recipients, with a focus on cities where Dreamers need the most help.

• We’ll be hosting town halls at Greenlight Hubs in areas of the country where many Dreamers live. Immigration lawyers will be on site to answer questions. You’re welcome to bring anyone you care about who’s been affected by this policy change. Learn more and RSVP here.

• For anyone unable to attend in person, we're hosting virtual town halls with immigration lawyers that you can attend online.

• We’ve launched a Dreamer Resource Center, which includes FAQs created by legal experts that can be found on our website here.
    We’ll continue to defend our community and what we believe is right. Thank you for driving with Uber.

Rachel Holt
    Regional General Manager, U.S. & Canada

2. Gung-Ho

Gung-Ho Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Somebody alert ICE! These meetings will be wonderful opportunities for round ups.

Uberyouber likes this.
  3. MHR

MHR Well-Known Member

Or they could help all drivers by raising the rate we're paid instead of pandering to one group.

Uberyouber likes this.
  4. JayBeKay

JayBeKay Member

I also saw that Lyft partnered with the Southern Poverty Law Center to help fight racism...

5. Fargle

Fargle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    SPLC is a hammer that sees everything as nails.

6. Aztek98

Aztek98 Well-Known Member

Dear uber,

The "were going to throw money at certain groups to help our crap image train" left back in January.

RAISE THE RATES and help your own group of people who are enduring a fuel price increase of 25 to 40%.

Morons

Spotscat, Uberyouber and MHR like this.
  7. JayBeKay

JayBeKay Member

To the SPLC, anything that they don't agree with is "hate".

8. MHR

MHR Well-Known Member

Well I'm white and I'm a Texan so the SPLC probably considers me my own little hate group. I am a woman so that might help me a bit.

9. Mole

Mole Well-Known Member

Deport them all and the parents.