• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UBER Vs X rideshare networks

DA08

I guess you are confused as these other rideshare companies pay more than Uber, (considerably more) the only reason you could say that is because you stick with Uber whilst others take jobs from every operator.
I think he's @Llib07 in disguise...?????
Post automatically merged:

Once again.. missing the point! Are you sleeping for real bro?? Yes the other operators may pay more.. but it’s diluted the pool.. anyway dude. Can’t conversation with an idiot like you. Grab some Toilet paper and wipe your mouth. Coz you talking sh**

Ok boys. Ok: let’s just get off mothers ok. Coz I just got off yours.. ???
Loooolllll hahahahahha dude youre the biggest idiot ive seen on this forum on 2 yrs...

Hencewhy you don’t let the market dictate.. this is why Apple is so successful. You get what you get when they want to release it..that’s why it’s called being a Market Leader. Meaning, you lead the market where you want it to go, and not vice versa. Anyway. Done with you bunch of sheeps. Peace
Yea right thats why huawei overtook apple.. Coz huawei gave the market what the market wanted.... Dud you're delusional - apple is not market leader

Last edited:

sharkie 2016

No problem sleepo.. you can make a mockery out of anything I guess. But the bottom line is.. these ‘competitors’ as you call them, they are helping the amount of money made per driver decrease. But guess you ain’t got that message tho. Since you been sleeping! Hope you sleep at the wheel.. cheers.
wrong you have no idea

Hounddub

Why not regulate the deregulated market. Government could sell off Rideshare Licenses, not for a lot but just keep serious business owners in the game..........say $10 or 20k......that would get rid of all the ants. To provide a sufficient income that people are after the government could set fares
Prestige, sorry to state the basic facts here.......but what you described in your post is EXACTLY what the Taxi industry actually is. Different quantums....but the same thing.

Basic economics is playing out in this rideshare market:
1. The first entrant (Uber) sets the market price
2. The first entrant attempts to saturate the market to flank the entry of competitors
3. New entrants (Ola, Bolt, etc) attempt to gain market acceptance and share through price incentives
4. New entrants attempt to lure suppliers (drivers) to prioritize their platform through short-term incentives.
5. Customers accept "new" market price expectations because of sustained competitive and promotional pricing.
6. Suppliers (drivers) see reduced long term earnings due to reduced prices.
7. Unlimited supply of drivers leads to reduced average earnings across all suppliers.
8. Continued arrival of new entrants (Didi, Lyft, etc) leads to permanent "shift" in the market price.
9. Turmoil

Like I said....basic economics.

Last edited:

Ray2004

I truly cannot wait until Uber crushes these other smaller providers. This will allow us all to get back to earning and making ends meet.
Your problem are too many uber on the road + uber high %. Now that uber has more competition, it will try to have as many cars on the road as possible, they wont reduce their cut. Uber doesnt care if there are 1 million cars. You should blame uber, not the competition.

DA08

Your problem are too many uber on the road + uber high %. Now that uber has more competition, it will try to have as many cars on the road as possible, they wont reduce their cut. Uber doesnt care if there are 1 million cars. You should blame uber, not the competition.
Hes a troll/Muppet for uber Loooolllll, ????

Jonny2017

Firstly.. anyone who cares about commenting under a pseudonym is scared. I ain’t scared of some deadbeat loser. If he wants to come at me. Come on then.. secondly.. take this as an example.. had Coles and Aldi, and IGA not been around, Woolworths would be the biggest player in that game and therefore would be able to set their prices that benefited themselves, and their staff. This applies the same in this industry, Therefore, drivers would earn a living. Now with all these options, passengers are the only ones who win. Drivers will always lose in this economy. And stupid drivers sign up, thinking, oh, more money, but what they don’t realise is how they will be affected in the long run, and how they affect other drivers now.. wait and see Mofos
Time to get an exit strategy bro.

Uber is crap. You know it.

Better money in stacking shelves at Coles.

Prestige Bears

Prestige, sorry to state the basic facts here.......but what you described in your post is EXACTLY what the Taxi industry actually is. Different quantums....but the same thing.

2. The first entrant attempts to saturate the market to flank the entry of competitors
3. New entrants (Ola, Bolt, etc) attempt to gain market acceptance and share through price incentives
4. New entrants attempt to lure suppliers (drivers) to prioritize their platform through short-term incentives.
5. Customers accept "new" market price expectations because of sustained competitive and promotional pricing.
7. Unlimited supply of drivers leads to reduced average earnings across all suppliers.
8. Continued arrival of new entrants (Didi, Lyft, etc) leads to permanent "shift" in the market price.
9. Turmoil

Sorry to state the basic facts here @Hounddub but I’ll put up a sarcasm warning with future posts.

It amazes me when Uber disrupted a long established regulated industry drivers were all keen to establish a business in Rideshare industry using the family car without any other investment.

Now the gloss has gone off Rideshare industry as it evolves and matures these same drivers who were happy to shaft taxi drivers, who had invested over $400k for exclusive protection, are now getting shafted and are calling for less drivers and minimum money, they are seeking protection .

The taxi industry was regulated for a reason, now it’s market forces driving prices down and most here have been along for the ride. There is an old sayings, ‘ you get what you pay for’ so if you’ve invested nothing don’t expect anything.

On the other hand I see people who have invested in Rideshare doing really well most weeks, as it has opened up lots of opportunities to make good money

JCS26

Marketing 101 Law of Demand and Supply nuf said

Having more Rideshare Apps doesn’t affect both

Last edited:

soontobeautomated

I know the generic term for this industry is rideshare. However with none of the participants currently having a function to allow you to effectively share a ride efficiently to your destination, who is actually sharing a ride these days?

If you do this gig part time and finish work in the CBD at say 4pm and want to get to Blacktown by 6pm, it would be a struggle. Setting a destination to Blacktown with FUber could see you in Hornsby, or Lakemba (or anywhere in between). You would struggle to make it to Blacktown by 6pm in many cases in peak hour. This might be a good way to thin out drivers. :sneaky:

Lets face it, all the "rideshare" participants are actually just cut price taxi services with fewer barriers to entry. Very few people are sharing a ride on a commute as the term rideshare implies.

The Reaper

9. Turmoil

The last stats I saw published earlier in the year said Uber at 4mil users and others at 350K