• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UBER Vs X rideshare networks

Fabrice Janson

It’s getting harder and harder to make ends meet nowadays, with the litany of rideshare options available. I understand that a lot of drivers are signed up to 2 or 3 rideshare providers. But logistically speaking, the drivers of ola and taxify and the like should realise that they are not only screwing uber as a company, but also screwing other uber drivers, including themselves.
I truly cannot wait until Uber crushes these other smaller providers. This will allow us all to get back to earning and making ends meet.

U8er

Seriously? How could the multitude of providers affect the the number of trips that the ants can do? One ant can only do one trip at a time even if they run 10 apps at the same time. It may affect the surge though. The total number of trips is just divided among the providers. The problem is the oversupply and it is already 4 years old problem.

How could doing the same trip with lower service fee detriment the ants' income? Poor maths. That's why you drive for Uber. 😂

Fabrice Janson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seriously? How could the multitude of providers affect the the number of trips that the ants can do? One ant can only do one trip at a time even if they run 10 apps at the same time. It may affect the surge though. The total number of trips is just divided among the providers. The problem is the oversupply and it is already 4 years old problem.

How could doing the same trip with lower service fee detriment the ants' income? Poor maths. That's why you drive for Uber. 😂
Wow you’re an idiot.

So. Uber had 100% of customers, and then ola cane along with taxify. Now uber has to share those customers with other networks. So that means, less jobs for uber drivers, and less money for drivers who only drive for uber.

Check your facts mother Effer. And next time you wanna insult my intelligence, let’s meet up and I’ll stomp you.

Thank you.

Wow you’re an idiot.

So. Uber had 100% of customers, and then ola cane along with taxify. Now uber has to share those customers with other networks. So that means, less jobs for uber drivers, and less money for drivers who only drive for uber.

Check your facts mother Effer. And next time you wanna insult my intelligence, let’s meet up and I’ll stomp you.

Thank you.
I would happily cancel uber job to do Ola job. 99% of times it’s pays more than uber with no real issues.

Screw uber and anyone who sympathise with criminal company uber.

Waiting for Didi to come along and put final dent in uber market share.

There are now a days time, when I exclusively do Ola. No need to switch on uber anymore.

To put more icing on the cake; I always try to covert uber passengers into Ola passengers. Why pay horrendous 27.5% commission when you can pay 15% or even 5% (didi)

ST DYMPHNA son

Wow you’re an idiot.

Thank you.
...hello Buckie...:coolio:

Waingro

So. Uber had 100% of customers,
The issue with market systems is that eventually in an unregulated world someone who is cheaper, smarter and faster will come along and take over your business. I know it's not fair but try communism its worse. (great idea until you run out of money)
My advice is to stick with one company try a few if you can and fish where the fish are. We forget quickly the bad days of taxis when they used to screen their jobs hence the birth of rideshare.
To your point, I think Lyft could make a dent here but for some reason, they are staying out of Australia because they think it's not economically viable at the moment. My intelligence gets insulted every time I drive an Uber and think what went wrong with my life.

U8er

Wow you’re an idiot.

Thank you.
How long have you been in Australia? I think you have some difficulties in division and subtraction. Go back to Y3 and do some practice. Lol

sharkie 2016

It’s getting harder and harder to make ends meet nowadays, with the litany of rideshare options available. I understand that a lot of drivers are signed up to 2 or 3 rideshare providers. But logistically speaking, the drivers of ola and taxify and the like should realise that they are not only screwing uber as a company, but also screwing other uber drivers, including themselves.
I truly cannot wait until Uber crushes these other smaller providers. This will allow us all to get back to earning and making ends meet.
you are the idiot. uber is to blame you clown they are flooding market with drivers there is no regulation think before you write a dumb post like this ! also uber is sucking 27.5 % out of every fare they dont give a shit about you !

Sleepo

Your reasoning is totally screwed, its probably getting harder for you because Uber has less trips than it used to have and at the moment based on market trends its going to get even less. Every job done by drivers on the other apps are like getting between 1.15 and 1.2 surge on Uber. Over 1/3rd of my income comes from Ola alone, and I didn't have to do as many jobs as I would have on Uber to get the same money. You need to be on at least 2 apps just so you get a chance of receiving same number of trips as before. And why would you not screw Uber, they have been screwing you for a long time, in fact I was just doing my tax, and whilst im a part time driver I just checked how much commission I paid Uber last financial year. $16k, if that had been the other rideshare providers it would have been $10 k and I would have $6k more in my pocket.

DA08

Wow you’re an idiot.

Thank you.
Wow what an idiot... Dude chill

You do realise theres smarter people here than you, yea?
Uber is sharing the custoers with ola and didi - true but drivers are the same... Its not less jobs for drivers, its only spread across the different companies. Idiots drive only for uber..
You NEED to check your facts..
Post automatically merged:

I would happily cancel uber job to do Ola job. 99% of times it’s pays more than uber with no real issues.

Screw uber and anyone who sympathise with criminal company uber.

Waiting for Didi to come along and put final dent in uber market share.

There are now a days time, when I exclusively do Ola. No need to switch on uber anymore.

To put more icing on the cake; I always try to covert uber passengers into Ola passengers. Why pay horrendous 27.5% commission when you can pay 15% or even 5% (didi)
And why you say uber is a criminal company? Do enlighten us...

Prestige Bears

Imagine how you’d feel if you were a legit taxi driver prior to Uber entering the market.

If anyone puts all their eggs in the one basket with just Uber or other Rideshare it’s a risk, diversify and paddle your own canoe

WestSydGuy

If Uber onboards an extra 2,000 new Uber drivers tomorrow, in your area, how does that effect your world view?

DurrrrrHurrrrr

There is an endless supply of drivers limited pax. The more companies the more competition for pax. OP is right if we had just one rideshare company prices for pax would go up, but not nescesarily profits for drivers, profit would likely just go to the rideshare company.

I really can’t see how Uber claims to be losing billions every year. I can’t help but think some clever accounting or huge sums of money going to people high up the food chain comes into play.

Prestige Bears

Why not regulate the deregulated market. Government could sell off Rideshare Licenses, not for a lot but just keep serious business owners in the game..........say $10 or 20k......that would get rid of all the ants. To provide a sufficient income that people are after the government could set fares