UBER vs. TAXI (AIRPORT)

Ubering

So when we drop off a pax at the airport we have to leave (go to lot, wait..wait..wait), and head back for a pick up.... WHY!?

We paid our dues / Business license... Some of us A LOT, so we should be able to pick up someone waiting curbside once we do a drop off.

Why do taxis get to do it. We pay our fees as well. Uber/Lyft should fight for this.

One of my biggest reasons why I dont like going to the airport is because I almost never get a ride back... so that makes it 26 miles round trip and an hour of my time for $20. No!

I also never go to the lot to sit there and wait, especially if its surging or its during guarantee hours in SF.

Anyone feel the same?

Attachments

Transportador

After you have been driving a lot with good results, Uber will not make you wait. You will get pings ahead of others in the lot. I never have to wait more than 10 minutes anymore. SFO is a gold mine. I don't know why you guys complain, other than the risks of getting tickets for almost any small infractions while picking up/drop offs. For me, I have to ignore SFO pings while driving past it on my way home every night.

manuella

That kind waiting is very rare for me as well and my rating is down to 4.86 I do less than 50 trips a week now so will see if any changes appear

Also if you chill , take a bathroom break , stretch a little you gain that time back cause you stay online longer

Otherwise no offense but most uber drivers suck they would turn the terminals into an even crazier [email protected]&t show

Transportador

That kind waiting is very rare for me as well and my rating is down to 4.86 I do less than 50 trips a week now so will see if any changes appear

Also if you chill , take a bathroom break , stretch a little you gain that time back cause you stay online longer

Otherwise no offense but most uber drivers suck they would turn the terminals into an even crazier [email protected]&t show
What did you do to get down to 4.86? Mine is down too to 4.91. On LYFT it is still 4.95.

That's a really good point about chilling. When it is slow, I just take a nap in the lot and that really helps me especially late at night.

As far as what the OP was talking about, the entire government doesn't know how to treat us ride share drivers yet. The Taxi industry has been around for so long! You know we can not drive in the red lanes marked for taxis in SF, although most riders treat us like we are taxis.

manuella

What did you do to get down to 4.86? Mine is down too to 4.91. On LYFT it is still 4.95.

That's a really good point about chilling. When it is slow, I just take a nap in the lot and that really helps me especially late at night.

As far as what the OP was talking about, the entire government doesn't know how to treat us ride share drivers yet. The Taxi industry has been around for so long! You know we can not drive in the red lanes marked for taxis in SF, although most riders treat us like we are taxis.
I didn't do anything lol I just behave like I have a couple buddies in the car if I'm not in a bad mood am happy and honking at morons on the road / calling them names

Uber riders don't like it when you are not scared of them, I'm 4.97 with Lyft but going back to uber cause Lyft is loosing me the bonus I suspect my rating will go up once I go back to doing 100 rides a week

Euius

Mine is 4.84, although just a week ago it was 4.88

I wonder if it was the killing of babies while I had passengers in the car that did it.

Taxis can also do bus stop pickups

The fact is that there are a lot less taxis - that's part of the problem - and so when they're given special treatment it's hardly any impact. But imagine if every single ride share car could use red lanes. The red lanes would be no different from the other lanes.

nicolephlsfo

Mine is 4.84, although just a week ago it was 4.88

I wonder if it was the killing of babies while I had passengers in the car that did it.
Lol. I've gotten two "dangerous driving" reports, (presumably) from pax that wanted me to merge onto the highway at 20mph instead of 60mph. Maybe I should start killing babies too. Live up to my name, ya know

NASCAR1991

All of those major rodes that getting painted red is stupid.
There are 5 taxis and 3 buses in a city. Vs 6 billion cars.

So basically they making bad traffic worse. Plus all the constriction takes more lanes away. Perhaps the dumbest city i ever been around