Uber vs Lyft

I just started Lyft for a bit of extra money. Yesterday was my first day and for 11 hours and 7 mins of work, 21 trips, and 150 miles of driving. I made $166.27

Is that good. I burned a half a tank of gas (8 gallons) as well. It was 80% city nettimg me around 20 MPG. I'm wondering if that okay for a good days work?

I signed up for Lyft first considering Lyft treats their drivers better from what i read.. have no complaints from the app. I would like to read my ratings in depth. Out of 21 rides someone gave me a less than stellar rating and now im 4.71 smh

Was wondering could i make more money doing uber or both? I noticed that a lot of my lyft riders were usimg the free promotion and that concerns me. From what i read i want to stay awat from uber but extra money is extra money

vicdella80

i've found it's better to drive lyft non-peak times...the surges on weekends for uber are way better

i really wish lyft was able to catch up since they don't rob a dollar a ride from you and they allow tipping but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen

Yeah Lyft is slow or takes awhile to get fares. It's not as popular as uber rider wise. There's tons of Lyft drivers on the road though. And yeah the tip option is great because most people do tip. I emailed uber the other week if they would ever add a tip option to the app. They responded with a generic answer of maybe in the future they would add it.

Danz Haagen

I just started Lyft for a bit of extra money. Yesterday was my first day and for 11 hours and 7 mins of work, 21 trips, and 150 miles of driving. I made $166.27

Is that good. I burned a half a tank of gas (8 gallons) as well. It was 80% city nettimg me around 20 MPG. I'm wondering if that okay for a good days work?

I signed up for Lyft first considering Lyft treats their drivers better from what i read.. have no complaints from the app. I would like to read my ratings in depth. Out of 21 rides someone gave me a less than stellar rating and now im 4.71 smh

Was wondering could i make more money doing uber or both? I noticed that a lot of my lyft riders were usimg the free promotion and that concerns me. From what i read i want to stay awat from uber but extra money is extra money
lyft is better because of tipping. the tipping covers my weekly gas spendings.

MiddleClassedOut

This week the tipping pop-up is really helping...I'm at nearly 20% of my gross in tips (and 1 cancel) judging by the Express Pay total - which includes tips and cancels.

If I can maintain this tip percentage after I get the commission eliminated with the power driver bonus, every ride will be effectively a 1.4 surge...

This week the tipping pop-up is really helping...I'm at nearly 20% of my gross in tips (and 1 cancel) judging by the Express Pay total - which includes tips and cancels.

If I can maintain this tip percentage after I get the commission eliminated with the power driver bonus, every ride will be effectively a 1.4 surge...

I'm loving the tips this week... I'm not going to even bother with Uber... Lyft is serving it's purpose for me

getme2srq

I decided to ride Uber and Lyft. Started using Lyft on Monday. After 12 hours of driving over 3 days, I rode 4 trips on Lyft netting $24. Also my acceptance rate is 50% since I did not accept 3 rides that were really far away (22 minutes, 43 minutes, 45 minutes). Not a very good start :frown:

Skyhakw2472

Also my acceptance rate is 50% since I did not accept 3 rides that were really far away (22 minutes, 43 minutes, 45 minutes). Not a very good start

That is the biggest issue with Lyft is that the pings are so far away at times. Their algorithm seems messed up. However, it might be genius on their part as they don't give you the bonuses if you don't have 90% acceptance rate. Usually if you call the passenger and explain that you are just too far and there may be a closer driver soon then you can get them to cancel the ride and that won't affect your acceptance rating.

David Pickett

Do you use two phones, or only one at a time? Uber seems to suck the life out of my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) almost all by itself -- add Google Maps and Phone, Maps lags badly.

The larger circle seems good to me, I am a country road warrior, take it as a tax shelter if too short.

Last edited:

uberpa

How do you guys rate lyft pax?
You don't know whether they tip or not at the end of the trip. I rate them based on experience but missed one so far. Gave a guy 4* but found out he tipped $2 the next day.
Yesterday kicked out a 40 ish lady. She was being rude the second she entered my car. Yes I have an app glitch which won't let me start the trip. I told her sorry just give me a minute to restart my phone. She kept commanding me to go with a rude tongue. Finally I got the app working in less than a min and told her to get out. She looked surprised and threaten me to call police. What a b*tch! I don't care if she stop getting her period or not. I treat you like a b*tch if you act like one!

getme2srq

Do you use two phones, or only one at a time? Uber seems to suck the life out of my phone almost all by itself -- add Google Maps and Phone, Maps lags badly.

The larger circle seems good to me, I am a country road warrior, take it as a tax shelter if too short.
I use one phone. I recently upgraded to a Samsung S5. This phone can handle Uber, Lyft, Google maps, Message, etc. very well. My prior phone was a Samsung S3 and it was a slow unreliable performer. It had issues keeping up with just Uber and maps. Upgrading solved all my phone issues.

tradedate

Do you use two phones, or only one at a time? Uber seems to suck the life out of my phone almost all by itself -- add Google Maps and Phone, Maps lags badly.

You need to upgrade to a better phone. The Samsung Galaxy s6 models can handle multiple apps smoothly. You can even view certain multiple apps simultaneously on the split screen.

Split screen doesn't seem to work with waze or uber partner yet, though.

David Pickett

So you have to go offline on one if you get a ride on the other, then go back online on the one when you drop off for the other?

David Pickett

Do you play keyboard instrument? (A buddy noticed that keyboarders got the highest game scores, assume: good hand, eye, time coordination.)