• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber vs Lyft

JimS

So what's the difference for the driver? I get that Lyft accepts tips and is not in near as many markets. But I've heard so much crap about Uber here, I wonder why anyone drives for them where Lyft is available. What are the down sides of Lyft?

And, while I'm here, how much of a cabbie's fare is garnished by the corporation, ie: Checker, Yellow, etc.?

Uber Kraus

So what's the difference for the driver? I get that Lyft accepts tips and is not in near as many markets. But I've heard so much crap about Uber here, I wonder why anyone drives for them where Lyft is available. What are the down sides of Lyft?

And, while I'm here, how much of a cabbie's fare is garnished by the corporation, ie: Checker, Yellow, etc.?
Check the rates in your area. Here in Colorado Lyft has a higher minimum fare. If I do a minimum fair in Denver I net $2.40 after Uber fees. If I do the same minimum ride on Lyft I net four dollars

JimS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You sort of made my point. Where both exist, why would anyone drive for Uber? We don't have Lyft in Savannah. But our miles are $1.50.

UberLou

In Atlanta Uber is just busier. If I did just Lyft I would not make much money. I do like the Lyft client base better. They are always ready upon pickup, destination always entered, and they are just all around more professional. Lyft is growing here and once it becomes more steady I will switch. Until then Ill do both.