Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber Vs Lyft Demand

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  somedriverguy 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, i wanna see what y'all think about this.

Now i drive Black/SUV(BS) --- Lux/Lux SUV(LS)
from my point of view the demand for BS vs LS is staggering

i would say minimum for every 10 Uber rides i might get 1 Lyft
thats bare minimum.
more realistically i would say it's closer to 15-20 Uber Black/SUV rides for every Lux LuxSUV Ride.

In that market Uber crushes lyft.

==================================

For all u guys that drive UberX / XL / Select etc etc etc etc

How do you see the demand on both sides?

---

#6 ·
MaSSSSSSSive.

12.5 to 1
I signed up for Lyft six months after starting Uber...so there is that. And, if I ever turned both on at same time...of course in L.A. there are way more Uber passengers, so you get the Uber trip and that takes one offline to receive any Lyft pings. Now however, Lyft assured their Massive loss with rolling out Taco Mode...so I only use Lyft when it benefits me. Like their DF at LAX. Otherwise it's Taco No Mode for me...

#9 ·
Plenty of regular Lyft (sometimes 100 pings, even 100 surge-only pings, to skip per hour lol), some XL lyft Plus (heats up when demand is actually hot), rare select Lyft Premier

Don't know about the lux/black

#12 ·
i only operate on the LUX platform but these are my thoughts on Uber vs Lyft --- if its different at the base level, let me know.

On the higher levels lyft isn't even a competitor with Uber -- its more of a complimentary good.
the demand is a solid 10 maybe 15-1 in favor of Uber.

in baseball terms, Uber's the MLB and Lyft is the minors.

having said that, love getting those lux pings

#13 ·
i only operate on the LUX platform but these are my thoughts on Uber vs Lyft --- if its different at the base level, let me know.

On the higher levels lyft isn't even a competitor with Uber -- its more of a complimentary good.
the demand is a solid 10 maybe 15-1 in favor of Uber.

in baseball terms, Uber's the MLB and Lyft is the minors.

having said that, love getting those lux pings
Well i got like 430 yesterday Lyft-only... and I missed *most* big surges because I totally mistimed and got the day wrong

Coulda been 700 easy if I'd done my homework

#15 ·
thats incredible with just XL

you must be getting great surges --- or a ton of rides, which one?

i used to be all about XL, the demand is so high and it surges good often.
but i've probably only taken 2-3 XL / Plus in the past month.
Black and SUV are reliable enough.
Surge only....well ok surge only and 70 bucks of relocating on DFs

Oh and about 95% DFonly

But no thats not particularly amazing, its doable on x/lyft regular... if anything, the XL is keeping it lower cuz you gotta waste time being miserly about miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.