Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber Vegas Guaranteed Promotion Program Explained

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Sasha 
#1 · (Edited)
Uber Guaranteed Promotion Program Explained

To qualify -
  • You must have the app on during any single shaded hour for at least 50 minutes.
  • You must have at least one (1) fare during that hour. No fare - no bonus.
  • You must have an acceptance rate of at least 90%.

Note the following -
  • If you have a fare that is less than that of the guaranteed hour, Uber will add the difference in a day or so. So if you had a $10 fare in a $20 bonus hour Uber would add monies so you earn the qaulifed bonus dollars. It is gross pay, before Uber's cut.
  • You don't have to work "blocks" of time. Each hour is its own bonus.
  • If your fare(s) exceeds the guarantee for that hour, no bonus.
  • Bonus is incremental. You'll only get 100% of an hour bonus if your app is on a full 60 minutes and you had a fare.
Examples -
If you were online 55 minutes of a $20 bonus hour the guarantee bonus will be actually be $11. If you're online 58 minutes of a $20 bonus hour the guarantee would be $19.60.

See less See more
#4 ·
So if you DO NOT get a ride within a shaded hour, you are simply and entirely screwed out of anything at all? That doesn't seem very fair to the unlucky schmuck who doesn't get even a crappy little Hard Rock to Planet Hollywood 'Kessel Run'.

#7 ·
What if you get no showed? Would that count as a fare if you cancel a ping request due to no show? What if a ping cancels > 5 minutes after request and you are en route to pick them up. You get paid $5 for both scenarios but do those count as "fares" towards the minimum guarantee? Thanks!

#11 ·
Why should they pay you if you did no work?
Well, I'm not whining for a handout here, I'm just curious. I'm out there, serving their needs by being available in all possible ways to take a ping and because the guy one block over is lucky enough to get the single ping available he is doubly rewarded by getting the ride AND getting the bonus. Meanwhile I freeze my keester off waiting just like he did and I get ... lessee...STIFFED AGAIN.

#17 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only person that notices this. The other day I was on my way to the 6am guarantee. I had 1 ride for $5.33 at 6:03 AM, it was 6:51 am and I was near UMC Hospital on Rancho/Charleston and I got a pin at Texas Station. I find it hard to believe I was the only Uber for 7 miles from Texas Station. The rider was going to Southern Highlands for a $15.88 take home trip. That used to be a $28-30 ish ride

#19 ·
Uber Guaranteed Promotion Program Explained

To qualify -
  • You must have the app on during any single shaded hour for at least 50 minutes.
  • You must have at least one (1) fare during that hour. No fare - no bonus.
  • You must have an acceptance rate of at least 90%.

Note the following -
  • If you have a fare that is less than that of the guaranteed hour, Uber will add the difference in a day or so. So if you had a $10 fare in a $20 bonus hour Uber would add monies so you earn the qaulifed bonus dollars. It is gross pay, before Uber's cut.
  • You don't have to work "blocks" of time. Each hour is its own bonus.
  • If your fare(s) exceeds the guarantee for that hour, no bonus.
  • Bonus is incremental. You'll only get 100% of an hour bonus if your app is on a full 60 minutes and you had a fare.
Examples -
If you were online 55 minutes of a $20 bonus hour the guarantee bonus will be actually be $11. If you're online 58 minutes of a $20 bonus hour the guarantee would be $19.60.
You get a better bonus when you turn your app off. Now you have free time to go make some money.lol or you can waste more time here on cabpeople.net or exuberdrivers.net. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.