Uber Used as a Bank Robber's Getaway Car

Gung-Ho

This has happened in cabs for years. I find it funny how ubers want to think they are different than cabs but the young grasshoppers are experiencing the same garbage cabs have for years. And their responses and reactions are exactly like cab drivers even though they think they are breaking new ground. Ubers have the same gripes and complaints as cabbies have had for years...low pay to many drivers unaware or clueless management. You're all becoming cab drivers. You will become jaded in your view of humanity and frustrated with the idiots that ride in your car. Then you'll quit.

BostonTaxiDriver

You'd think Uber would have these scenarios in their new-driver training videos...how to handle such potential situations.

I'm confused...do any, or even a few markets, require a simple online video for new drivers? Two years ago, I think a cabbie also driving X told me it's required, but that your friend could obviously watch it instead and answer some questions (if applicant doesn't speak much English). I don't believe it's required now, at least in Boston (?), as it would slow down the onboarding of new drivers?

tohunt4me

You'd think Uber would have these scenarios in their new-driver training videos...how to handle such potential situations.

I'm confused...do any, or even a few markets, require a simple online video for new drivers? Two years ago, I think a cabbie also driving X told me it's required, but that your friend could obviously watch it instead and answer some questions (if applicant doesn't speak much English). I don't believe it's required now, at least in Boston (?), as it would slow down the onboarding of new drivers?
What video ????

When do I get my Uber sticker ?

It's been 9 months.

UberGuyMike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

I had to watch a video when I first started, but no video can train a driver for something like this. I spend the whole time waiting for a rider looking in every mirror trying to see the person before they get in. Aside from driving away from every suspicious looking rider, there's not much else you can do. And if that's your strategy as an Uber driver, you're not going to succeed. In fact, it could possibly get you arrested. I saw another story about a guy in Florida who was arrested for driving away from a blind person with a service dog. Apparently the door was open and the car kind of hit the rider, but the act of refusing service was a crime in and of itself.

This bank robber situation was a freak incident, but I posted it as a possibility to be aware of. Thanks for the input.

Bostonken

It is mind bugling how easy it is to be uber X driver in Boston. When I signed up in 2014 the minimum car year was 2005 then lowered it to 2001. And I guess there is no video training. And uber regulation is yet to take place 3 years later. Public is completely uninformed about how uber works. They only know it is dirt cheap. They are clueless. Politicians in this state are clueless and empty suits as well. Uber spend million dollar on lobbyist in senate to have them created uber like regulation and so far they achieved their goal in this state.