Uber unwillingness always makes me want to take Cash

AJUber

Here the deal, I have been driving for Uber less and less. I have clients that call me directly (REGULARS) sometimes they usually always pay me cash or some will still use the Uber app. I never argue which way they want to pay.

Ok so on Monday in had a regular call me and say we are flying into SMF at 830pm can you come pick us up. So i go and park in the garage and wait for the client. Now remeber at SMF we are not allowed to STAGE at the airport but there is no rule about parking and picking up the client. If you dont know what STAGING is please read more on airports. So now the clients plane is delayed by 30 mins and i wait but that means my parking charge is increased a bit since its by per 30mins at the airport. So clients arrives 30 mins late and another 15 mins for luggage then we are off. No problems. So the client in the car and i ask will this be cash or thru the uber network she says Uber. Great i say and we leave but the parking fee was 6$ . We leave the airport and pass the GEOFENCE and her and the family home safe . A average fare. SMF to Folsom.

So in the next hour. I send Uber the trip info and the picture of the parking fee per photo. Uber support is now saying they will not help pay the parking fee, so i write back and say look this is a client that called me and Uber made 20% off the fare, i told her to escalate me up to a supervisor and if Uber does not pay the fee or toll. I will be leaving Uber out of future Airport runs.

Your thoughts ??

turbovator

Here the deal, I have been driving for Uber less and less. I have clients that call me directly (REGULARS) sometimes they usually always pay me cash or some will still use the Uber app. I never argue which way they want to pay.

Ok so on Monday in had a regular call me and say we are flying into SMF at 830pm can you come pick us up. So i go and park in the garage and wait for the client. Now remeber at SMF we are not allowed to STAGE at the airport but there is no rule about parking and picking up the client. If you dont know what STAGING is please read more on airports. So now the clients plane is delayed by 30 mins and i wait but that means my parking charge is increased a bit since its by per 30mins at the airport. So clients arrives 30 mins late and another 15 mins for luggage then we are off. No problems. So the client in the car and i ask will this be cash or thru the uber network she says Uber. Great i say and we leave but the parking fee was 6$ . We leave the airport and pass the GEOFENCE and her and the family home safe . A average fare. SMF to Folsom.

So in the next hour. I send Uber the trip info and the picture of the parking fee per photo. Uber support is now saying they will not help pay the parking fee, so i write back and say look this is a client that called me and Uber made 20% off the fare, i told her to escalate me up to a supervisor and if Uber does not pay the fee or toll. I will be leaving Uber out of future Airport runs.
L
Your thoughts ??
Personally I would have asked (no told the pax I preferred cash) I think it's dam inconsiderate of her to request your services and in addition to making it very convienent for her not having to go through the Uber riders app and waiting for whoever gets pinged. This women used you! The very least she should have done was dropped you a $25 tip for the $6 parking fee and the hour you sat there waiting for her. She knew you weren't on the Uber app for the hour so you could collect your whopping Uber .18 a minute, not even mentioning that she preferred to use the Uber app and make you for go % 2o. These people are paying less than bus fare prices and expect and demand first class service. I will bet my car that looking at her level of dress and the looks of the house you dropped her off at she could well afford it. Unfortunately nice guys like you let them treat you like low level help! I hope the next time she calls you tell her what you think of her treatment of you last time and tell her your not available. PS you still think Uber gives a shit about anything other than making money?

Last edited:

AJUber

So update.....Uber has reimbursed me the 6$ parking fee . Email photo is attached. All you have to do is explain the numbers to Uber are you willing to lose out of business i bring you over 6$ .....of course they are not. I got reimbursed.

Also i believe your right, i should of made the client pay for the parking fee but she tipped me at the end of the ride home safe . And she comes from a race that hardly ever tips. Just from my experience, if i had her pay the parking fee she probaly would not of tipped me. When i took her to the airport the first time on the flight out she did not tip. It all depends on your client. what too expect.
anyways email attached. UBER was a stand up in this situation and paid so I will include them in future clients.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-11-09-41-51.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-11-09-41-51.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 44

AJUber

Remember not everyone carries cash on them everyday. So i never argue i just ask will this be cash or uber platform. Thats it.

turbovator

Remember not everyone carries cash on them everyday. So i never argue i just ask will this be cash or uber platform. Thats it.

K WTE . Your either very desperate or very foolish. You were entitled to both the parking fee and a tip for the hour you sat there unpaid waiting in her. Uber On!

Tx rides

Your thoughts ??
Do you carry your own commercial insurance in California?

AJUber

I have a small Rideshare policy but its not as good as Uber million dollar policy but atleast its Rideshare insurance. Most insurance companies are coming around on the idea. So you can get.

AJUber

TurboVator....you are really showing a sort of hatred towards the PaX. Just like every customer some tip and some dont. The client didnt make the airplane late. If you really feel this way im shocked if your still driving or in this business.

AJUber

Uber is supposed to be my Partner ,if they ever dont pay a Toll or Fee that i needed to reach the client, then thats when Uber will not be my partner . I dont ask for ridiculous items to be reimbursed . So I believe my Partner will reimburse me for what i ask.
Should be that simple and we proved last night or this morning it is.

Just_in

Well since you have regulars. Either Cash or Uber Platform. Why not cut to the chase. Instead of using Uber platform. You can get a Square Reader. Since they call you directly. Is it a insurance thing why a Regular would want to go thru the Uber App instead of paying Cash.

turbovator

TurboVator....you are really showing a sort of hatred towards the PaX. Just like every customer some tip and some dont. The client didnt make the airplane late. If you really feel this way im shocked if your still driving or in this business.

AJ Thats very observant of you. I guess the fact that the lower than bus fare rates that Uber now expects it's drivers to make any money off of kinda adjusted my attitude. These low fares have attracted s whole new class of Uber riders. I guess you have no problem driving people who are rude,inconsiderate,demanding and treat you like low class paid help. Some of them will ever puke or piss on your seats. All this could have some bearing on why I deleted my Uber driver app and told Screwber to shove it. Like I said in my previous email, you must be either very desperate or foolish.
UBER ON!

AJUber

A Square Reader would be a great idea for me. The only reason i do use the Uber Platform is to meet new clients and Clients that dont have cash on them . So your very right. Would you recommend a specific Square Reader or link me to a website i can do my own research on???

Tx rides

I have a small Rideshare policy but its not as good as Uber million dollar policy but atleast its Rideshare insurance. Most insurance companies are coming around on the idea. So you can get.
Then you really REALLY should not be doing this for cash!!! You could really be in deep doo :-)

Just_in

A Square Reader would be a great idea for me. The only reason i do use the Uber Platform is to meet new clients and Clients that dont have cash on them . So your very right. Would you recommend a specific Square Reader or link me to a website i can do my own research on???

Just type in Square Reader. There are a couple. I think there is a intuit one also.

Thing is you have to remember if you have regulars without 24/7 commercial insurance your crossing a thin line to insurance coverage. Read your insurance policies carefully. All of them ask questions, know the risks involved.

Do you carry your own commercial insurance in California?

AJUber

Thanks for the information. But im sure i will still be driving for Uber and Cash for now. Like i do, its only part time. Uber needsto increase their rates , but they havent burned me too bad yet

Tx rides

Just type in Square Reader. There are a couple. I think there is a intuit one also.

Thing is you have to remember if you have regulars without 24/7 commercial insurance your crossing a thin line to insurance coverage. Read your insurance policies carefully. All of them ask questions, know the risks involved.
The truth is...it is not a thin line. If there is a livery exclusion, you are driving uninsured. Every "rideshare" policy I've heard of specifically covers only phase 1, no pax. Unless you have a policy which covers commercial use WITH PAX in vehicle, there will be no thin line in the event of an accident. Not only can you be sued for everything, you could go to jail for driving uninsured. Are ANY paxs paying anyone enough cash to make that an acceptable risk? I would go out on a limb to guess that any passenger who is trying to save money by paying cash to a private car rather than hiring a fully insured vehicle, will be one of the first ones to sue for damages. Food for thought, y'all!!!

Just_in

The truth is...it is not a thin line. If there is a livery exclusion, you are driving uninsured. Every "rideshare" policy I've heard of specifically covers only phase 1, no pax. Unless you have a policy which covers commercial use WITH PAX in vehicle, there will be no thin line in the event of an accident. Not only can you be sued for everything, you could go to jail for driving uninsured. Are ANY paxs paying anyone enough cash to make that an acceptable risk? I would go out on a limb to guess that any passenger who is trying to save money by paying cash to a private car rather than hiring a fully insured vehicle, will be one of the first ones to sue for damages. Food for thought, y'all!!!

I figured you would be back to explain the rest.. I agree

Last edited:

Tx rides

I figured you would be back to explain the rest.. I agree
I guess I am the beast of paranoia burden. Lol!!!

For the life of me, I cannot imagine taking such a risk with complete strangers. I have worked too hard to own my home and vehicles, there is no way I am going to run unprotected or even minimally protected.