• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

uber uber uber . i hate uber. lol . cancel fees

kingcorey321

yes i know how cancels work.
my question is how many cancels can a person do a day and get away with ?
there are people out there all they do is cancel collect never actually getting a passenger.
if your a person that does this please share with us .
i will not judge you or remark any negative comments towards you.

SHalester

gosh it is almost if the drivers where believe they make good money doing the cancel/shuffle dance. sheesh. Way to kill a brand name. Wonder how much they complain when pings dry up. hmmmmm

mellorock

there are people out there all they do is cancel collect never actually getting a passenger.
The cancel is aggravating I really love to see the person ready to jump in car and sometimes thank them . ✌

SuperBot

If the cancellations are legit, I don't think there would be a problem. On an average day, you could have 0% to 15% cancellations. If you receive complaints from riders, expect to be deactivated very fast.

there are people out there all they do is cancel collect never actually getting a passenger
There aren't. People who abuse the system get deactivated. It's a fact.

kc ub'ing!

The only time I actively seek to cancel is when the fare will be <= cancel fee.

I have all the same complaints as other drivers but I’m out here to earn and I earn more actually doing rides.

SuzeCB

Here's how it was explained to me about 2 years ago...

When you cancel, if you wait the 5 minutes and cancel for something that is the pax's fault (no show, no car seat, unaccompanied minor, etc.), the algorithim automatically pays your cancel fee. If you don't wait the 5 minutes, even if you report the pax as being at fault, it won't pay you until you call Rohit and make him understand, wasting time you could be making money. Always wait the 5 minutes.

Now, remember, this is all from before they had all this mineral stuff going on. Cancel rates were only relevant for deactivation then, so that's all I can speak to right now.

All cancels from the last 500 rides go into the rate %. When the percentage reaches a number considered high for your market AND AREA WITHIN THAT MARKET, you start to get nasty emails sent automatically by the algorithim. This will also happen if the algorithim picks up any patterns, like trips going to particular places, calls or texts before driver or pax cancels, etc.

If the % isn't reduced to a number that is considered average within a time considered do-able in your market/area, then your account gets "bumped up to human eyes". At this point, the auditor takes any pax-at-fault cancels out of the equation that seem reasonable, and not excessive. Cancelling a lot of unaccompanied minors at 3am will require some heavy duty explaining. Doing the same at 3pm will not. No-shows confirmed by looking at the GPS info for both pax and driver where the two phones aren't just a few feet from each other will support your claim. Showing them close to each other will not. Don't get lazy and just put No Show for every cancel.

Anyway, when the reasonable claims of out if your control cancels are pulled from the equation, the auditor does the math again, and figures out the "real" cancel rate. If that rate is acceptable, they make a note and leave you looking at the same rate you've been looking at to f*** with your head, and make you think you need to lower it, 'cause.... Uber.

tohunt4me

Ibet THEY have Great Ratings !