Uber trying to steal money again.

txtim1982

I don't know why I'm surprised, but yet again, I am the target of Uber's shady business practices. I already have the proper permits, they aren't expiring anytime soon, and paid for them out of my own pocket, and have them loaded onto my dashboard. It is insane the way that they can't keep track of things.

Attachments

SomeChick82

I got it too. I have all my permits and considering that I've already paid for them, I don't appreciate them taking money from my earnings. When I emailed stating such, I got a form reply on how I could obtain permits from the city. Ughhhhh.

tnkvick

I received it yesterday, my permit (drivers) expires November 2017.

I replied telling them I don't need them to do this for me, but haven't heard back yet.

FatMatt

I already have my permits as well. Here is the response that I received from Uber:

Hi Matthew,

You will not receive an additional charge if you have already obtained your driver's permit. The City of Dallas will review the data and remove any duplicate accounts that have already obtained a driver permit.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions.

txtim1982

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I already have my permits as well. Here is the response that I received from Uber:

Hi Matthew,

You will not receive an additional charge if you have already obtained your driver's permit. The City of Dallas will review the data and remove any duplicate accounts that have already obtained a driver permit.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions.
I just got that response too. I responded with the following.
------------------------------------
Thank you for your response, but the responsibility of this should not rest on the City of Dallas. Uber is so fond of calling itself a Technology Company, but can't seem to use its own technology to prevent things like this from happening. Uber should be proactive in making sure that its "valued partners" are not constantly feeling like they are being screwed.
--------------------------------------

Goom

Idk... I looked when I was halfway home. Luckily it corrected itself this morning before I had to write a nastygram to Support.