1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber tried to rob me in the worst way....

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by NC252, Jan 6, 2017.

1. NC252

NC252 Active Member

Ok so I was at Charlotte Douglas Airport, about to call it a night around 6 PM when I get a ping.....I go pick the guy up started the trip as usual when I see that he is casually going 4.5 hour away to Camp Lejune military base in Jacksonville NC... Wow i say...so I double checked with him to make sure it was correct..... And off we go.....at this point I decided since my parents live a hour from Jacksonville I may just go there and ride out the snow storm that coming instead of driving back to Charlotte..... Ok so we're driving, the Marine guy is sitting in the front seat sleep have only spoken 3 words the entire trip....with 45 mins left I get a message that Uber has decided to end the trip and I needed to immediately have the pax get out of my car....I'm like "what" "this must be a mistake"..... We get to the base the trip is no where to be found on my app.....but they have sent the guy a receipt for $200+ but haven't sent me nothing, no payment no record of the trip no explanation...... I was soo mad I just came back to Charlotte (didn't want to visit my parents while pissed completely off) after doing my research I see that Uber has in writing that they have the right to end trips with high fares and not pay driver because they deem long trips as suspicious and unsafe.....they finally at least acknowledge that I made the trip, now its in review on if they will pay me or not.......

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    tohunt4me and Damiannn like this.
  2. Do tell

Do tell Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it.You will be paid for this trip.Uber was just protecting themselves against fraud.By the way,uber is just a little bit evil.LOL

Shangsta, circle1 and tohunt4me like this.
  3. TheAntMiami

TheAntMiami Active Member

It's an Uber scam
    If the PAX puts in the address and you are on route, why would UBER end the trip if UBER knows the miles, distance, time estimates etc.
    and you are following the route.
    Makes no sense

Uberon1986 and tohunt4me like this.
  4. NC252

NC252 Active Member

Like everything with Uber...it has to be as jerky and unfair as possible.....

5. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    4 Hour trip limit for Uber. Have the pax re-request while in your car, unless you happened to be in a high traffic area, you should get the ping rather quickly.

6. NC252

NC252 Active Member

they say there is no limit and at the same time say there is a limit.......so I should stop the trip on a interstate and make the pax send another request...sounds like im fishing for 2 1*'s at that point.....

Attached Files:

7. Do tell

I must admit,that's not double talk from uber.They're very specific how they worded their response.

I'm curious,how did you handle it?Did you wake up the passenger and have him re-request you?Or did you just continue the trip without saying anything?

Because their response is saying they won't pay you the extra distance if you continue the trip without being re-requested.

8. NC252

NC252 Active Member

If there's no limit then why do the trip automatically ends after 4 hours....so evidently there's a four hour limit....you tell me what you would have done.....I clearly stated in my initial post the entire situation from beginning to end.... Sound like you feel I shouldn't be paid, or that Uber is in the right....some of you Uber drivers are as catty as a office full of menopausal women....anything y'all can do to oppose another Uber driver you'll dont hesitate.... What the heck would you have done Mr pro Travis Killerdick

JAnightrider and TheAntMiami like this.
  9. Do tell

I would have woke up the passenger and have him re-request me if I felt like continuing the trip.Or,if I was tired.I would ask him to request another driver with my app off so I don't get the ping.

So what did you do?I wish you the best.And I hope you get paid for the full trip,regardless.

10. NC252

NC252 Active Member

We were in a desolate area between Wilmington and Jacksonville... I was not about to put a Military/any man/woman/my customer out on the side of the road in the middle of no where, and I wasn't going to stop to deal with Ubers bs I did think about asking him to resend a request.... But I figured it might just tell him Uber isn't available in the area, like I have seen it do in desolate areas before.....so I took him to where me and Uber both agreed to take him....his destination....

11. Do tell

As a member of a military family.I commend you for getting the soldier to his destination.

As far as uber trying to stiff you.Complain complain and complain again.Even if you have to write to support a hundred times.Make sure you get paid for the full trip.

circle1, supernaut and tohunt4me like this.
  12. NC252

NC252 Active Member

Well they paid me today so all is well, I just wanted to warn other Uber drivers on what to expect if they take a very long fare......

JAnightrider, circle1 and tohunt4me like this.
  13. Do tell

Good call,I'm glad it worked out for you.May other drivers be wary.

circle1 and tohunt4me like this.
  14. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Well-Known Member

Contact the local news media there's been stories about people taking Uber fares long distances just in the past couple of weeks, Uber would be embarrassed to see how they stiffed you will be paid other people to go from Virginia to Florida or was it Florida to New York?

NC252 and tohunt4me like this.
  15. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

If Uber reserves the right to do such ridiculous things THEY SHOULD BE DONE BEFORE THE TRIP HAS BEGUN !
    Get a square reader and process credit cards yourself.

16. tohunt4me

Hope you photographed a copy of the customers receipt !

NC252 likes this.
  17. tohunt4me

He wont be approved to drive in that area ! His app. Won't allow it. He would have to hand the passenger off to Another Driver after 4 hours.
    A transfer.

babaganoosh and TheAntMiami like this.
  18. tohunt4me

I would have done the same also.

NC252 likes this.
  19. Do tell

I see you edited your original post after I responded to it.Calm down,everything will be ok.If it makes you feel better read this article.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEH8Lj-GftnQhct2WDEs5zZXwj4Pg

circle1 likes this.
  20. Damiannn

Damiannn Member

This is good to know. It's sad that many of us will have to learn it through experience, like you did. I feel like they're always trying to screw the drivers lol.