Uber tried so hard...

KMMC

So, recently, I was given the threat of potentially being deactivated if my Acceptance Rating continued to go down (by one Uber rep). Despite, having been told a week prior that a low Acceptance Rating would not cause deactivation (by two Uber reps). The two representatives are correct, Uber cannot deactivate based on a low Acceptance Rating. But it bothered me for days before I replied again. I wanted more clarification. I wanted an answer in writing from them, directly to me about why and how rejecting would deactivate my account.

"Before anything else, please be reminded that you have to accept each and every trip that comes your way no matter what the circumstances may be. Rejecting and canceling a trip can be grounds for account deactivation." - From the Uber Rep (just part of the whole message)

Anyway, I contacted Uber for more information and they refused to even acknowledge the message content and my question, to the point where every time I replied back, it was basically, the same exact message as previously. Each time they attempted to close the message by marking it "Resolved." I wasn't having it. I sent it over and over again, about 6x. I kept on with it. They kept refusing to acknowledge it and continued to give me a whole other response that was no where near the subject matter. It was obvious they tried to dodge it because it was incredibly incorrect information for that person to have sent me and it was a threat. (My very first email I sent was just regarding a complaint I had regarding far away delivery pick-ups lol.) They then told me about how doing a lot of rejecting/canceling would be considered fraud and such. So, being the curious person that I am, I asked them to clarify how not accepting a delivery is considered fraud, as well. I told them that I understood that if a driver kept canceling after having picked up the item, why that would be considered fraud but wanted more on why the lacking of accepting trips would be considered fraud. While also reiterating my previous questions. Again, they refused to acknowledge my questions. Which, I knew was going to happen. I finally told them that I wouldn't stop responding and asking the same things unless they gave me a sufficient and specific answer to my question. They finally answered well enough (around 3am PST) to where I dropped it (for now).

It was a long day of back and forth messages but finally, after almost 12 annoying hours of emails, they got their shit together. Like, why was that so difficult for them? I mean, I know why, I'm not dumb. I know legalities play a huge role. One more incorrect statement by an Uber representative to me could lead into a whole mess. I get it. I may have been a complete nuisance for all the different representatives who replied to me but come on, you can't just basically tell me that I have no choice in what deliveries I can/cannot accept, (especially, since we're all Contractors for the company), and not expect me to need clarification and more information.

This post was mainly just a rant.

tohunt4me

So, recently, I was given the threat of potentially being deactivated if my Acceptance Rating continued to go down (by one Uber rep). Despite, having been told a week prior that a low Acceptance Rating would not cause deactivation (by two Uber reps). The two representatives are correct, Uber cannot deactivate based on a low Acceptance Rating. But it bothered me for days before I replied again. I wanted more clarification. I wanted an answer in writing from them, directly to me about why and how rejecting would deactivate my account.

"Before anything else, please be reminded that you have to accept each and every trip that comes your way no matter what the circumstances may be. Rejecting and canceling a trip can be grounds for account deactivation." - From the Uber Rep (just part of the whole message)

Anyway, I contacted Uber for more information and they refused to even acknowledge the message content and my question, to the point where every time I replied back, it was basically, the same exact message as previously. Each time they attempted to close the message by marking it "Resolved." I wasn't having it. I sent it over and over again, about 6x. I kept on with it. They kept refusing to acknowledge it and continued to give me a whole other response that was no where near the subject matter. It was obvious they tried to dodge it because it was incredibly incorrect information for that person to have sent me and it was a threat. (My very first email I sent was just regarding a complaint I had regarding far away delivery pick-ups lol.) They then told me about how doing a lot of rejecting/canceling would be considered fraud and such. So, being the curious person that I am, I asked them to clarify how not accepting a delivery is considered fraud, as well. I told them that I understood that if a driver kept canceling after having picked up the item, why that would be considered fraud but wanted more on why the lacking of accepting trips would be considered fraud. While also reiterating my previous questions. Again, they refused to acknowledge my questions. Which, I knew was going to happen. I finally told them that I wouldn't stop responding and asking the same things unless they gave me a sufficient and specific answer to my question. They finally answered well enough (around 3am PST) to where I dropped it (for now).

It was a long day of back and forth messages but finally, after almost 12 annoying hours of emails, they got their shit together. Like, why was that so difficult for them? I mean, I know why, I'm not dumb. I know legalities play a huge role. One more incorrect statement by an Uber representative to me could lead into a whole mess. I get it. I may have been a complete nuisance for all the different representatives who replied to me but come on, you can't just basically tell me that I have no choice in what deliveries I can/cannot accept, (especially, since we're all Contractors for the company), and not expect me to need clarification and more information.

Save copies of EVERYTHING !

If Drivers had a Union
They would handle This for you.

ShinyAndChrome

Too many cancellations are the driver's fault as it impacts rider experience negatively. Low acceptance result impacts riders experience negatively and is directly uber's fault. If they want to increase acceptance rates they will have to give guaranteed fares on far pickups. I don't care what my acceptance rating is at all, and nobody else should. If newbs would stop driving 20 minutes for a pickup this would be quickly solved!

KMMC

Too many cancellations are the driver's fault as it impacts rider experience negatively. Low acceptance result impacts riders experience negatively and is directly uber's fault. If they want to increase acceptance rates they will have to give guaranteed fares on far pickups. I don't care what my acceptance rating is at all, and nobody else should. If newbs would stop driving 20 minutes for a pickup this would be quickly solved!

I have only been doing this for less than a month so I was still New but definitely caught on early as to the BS that occurs with far pick-ups. I agree, if they had guaranteed fares for far pick-ups, it would almost be a non-issue for me. But they don't. I bet us newbies are what they hope for, regarding far pick-ups. But I have met some people who don't mind going far. Like, really... You don't mind driving 20+ min away for a $4 trip? More power to them, though.

PrestonT

For clarity's sake, Uber is not prohibited from deactivating drivers for low acceptance rate. It's an internal policy they maintain to sell our relationship as contract instead of employment. So saying Uber cannot deactivate you is not technically correct. They can, but they don't.

ShinyAndChrome

I have only been doing this for less than a month so I was still New but definitely caught on early as to the BS that occurs with far pick-ups. I agree, if they had guaranteed fares for far pick-ups, it would almost be a non-issue for me. But they don't. I bet us newbies are what they hope for, regarding far pick-ups. But I have met some people who don't mind going far. Like, really... You don't mind driving 20+ min away for a $4 trip? More power to them, though.
Those folks are 100% ignorant about what the real cost to operate their vehicle is. They think as long as $4 covered their gas they are good. They are wrong!

freddieman

So we can get a better scope of what might be happening, what is ur current acceptance rate AND cancellation rate along with ur driver rating?

KMMC

For clarity's sake, Uber is not prohibited from deactivating drivers for low acceptance rate. It's an internal policy they maintain to sell our relationship as contract instead of employment. So saying Uber cannot deactivate you is not technically correct. They can, but they don't.

While I would usually agree, if that were the case, they would have stated their written policy without a beat. Having worked at a call center and other electronic customer service positions, I was HAPPY to shove the policy in smug ass people's faces. Many are the same way, they love to tell people when they are wrong. However, Uber was dodging my questions and emails. Idk. I could be wrong though...

So we can get a better scope of what might be happening, what is ur current acceptance rate AND cancellation rate along with ur driver rating?

As of last night, it was at 70%. But earlier in the week, it dropped to 40%. Fluctuates as I accept and reject. I haven't had any cancellations this week. I reject anything that is either not in the Boost Zone and in the opposite direction of where I am going. Plus, the obvious 10+ minutes away.

freddieman

While I would usually agree, if that were the case, they would have stated their written policy without a beat. Having worked at a call center and other electronic customer service positions, I was HAPPY to shove the policy in smug ass people's faces. Many are the same way, they love to tell people when they are wrong. However, Uber was dodging my questions and emails. Idk. I could be wrong though...

As of last night, it was at 70%. But earlier in the week, it dropped to 40%. Fluctuates as I accept and reject. I haven't had any cancellations this week. I reject anything that is either not in the Boost Zone and in the opposite direction of where I am going. Plus, the obvious 10+ minutes away.
so what is your cancellation percentage that shows on the screen? and what is ur driver rating? u shied away from 2 out of 3 questions i asked

KMMC

so what is your cancellation percentage that shows on the screen? and what is ur driver rating? u shied away from 2 out of 3 questions i asked

My bad, I was in motion (walking to get a delivery) when I responded. I also misread the last part where you said, "along with ur driver rating?"

Here is my statistics:
40-70% during the week for Acceptance, as of last night, but again, fluctuates as I accept/reject. But as of this second, it's now at 80%.
0% Cancellation.
As of right now, it says 100% Satisfaction.

Btw, I would assume that it would be 0%, if someone said they had no cancellations so far during the week. Also, yes, I've done (at least) the first 500 that needs to be for calculation purposes for the Satisfaction Rating.

But if you think I tried dodging your questions, that's on you. Letting you know that information isn't a big deal.

Attachments

• IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

freddieman

My bad, I was in motion (walking to get a delivery) when I responded. I also misread the last part where you said, "along with ur driver rating?"

Here is my statistics:
40-70% during the week for Acceptance, as of last night, but again, fluctuates as I accept/reject. But as of this second, it's now at 80%.
0% Cancellation.
As of right now, it says 100% Satisfaction.

Btw, I would assume that it would be 0%, if someone said they had no cancellations so far during the week. Also, yes, I've done (at least) the first 500 that needs to be for calculation purposes for the Satisfaction Rating.

But if you think I tried dodging your questions, that's on you. Letting you know that information isn't a big deal.
This is delivery.

Mars Troll Number 4

Your forgetting something...

If you ask uber CSR the same yes/or question 10 times in a row,

3 will be off topic
3 will be yes
3 will be no
3 will $)*$* you off
3 will be in direct conflict with 3 others

And yes... there is overlap.

Julescase

I get so irritated when I read people talking about how their acceptance rating might get them deactivated. YOUR ACCEPTANCE RATING, REGARDLESS OF HOW HIGH OR LOW, WILL NOT GET YOU DEACTIVATED!! It's not legal and due to our "independent contractor" status, we can choose when and how often we accept rides. Period. There was a huge lawsuit about his that Uber LOST and they will not deactivate drivers for low acceptance rates.

It won't happen. Stop worrying about it. You can accept just one out of evey 10 pings sent to you, it will not effect your ability to drive for Uber.