Uber transmission requirements?

CVT or AT?

• CVT

• AT

• No difference.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xris Xros

I am looking into buying Honda Accord. What should I get? CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) or AT (Automatic Transmission)

Papa Sarducci

CVT, I believe you have no choice with the hybrids, CVT is part of the package, don't think the Accord came in hybrid though.

njn

There is no requirement.

Avoid any car with a CVT.

My vote is for a 6 speed manual Accord.

AxL

Buy a SUV, with hd towing package and find a real job. Do uber part time and you will wake up luckier every day. CVT is still new old technology. I had few accords, v6 only, if I have to choose I will buy Honda again. Depends of your driving conditions you may burn any @@@@@@ fast. Camry is not bad choice too.

Undermensch

My car is a hybrid, just one of those things that can go at times.
Nah. Not if you have a continuously meshed planetary gearset. The failure rates on those are very low.

Non-planetary CVTs have been known to wear out but a planetary gearset shares nothing in common with those CVTs other than the ability to vary ratios continuously.

Skyhakw2472

Yeah, that's why I am a numbers guy. All that stuff, completely over my head :smiles: All I know is that my hybrid CVT in the Ford Fusion broke and had to get a completely new trans. 6 people looked at it and all said the same thing. If the CVT does go then it is very costly.

Undermensch

Yeah, that's why I am a numbers guy. All that stuff, completely over my head :smiles: All I know is that my hybrid CVT in the Ford Fusion broke and had to get a completely new trans. 6 people looked at it and all said the same thing. If the CVT does go then it is very costly.
Well, just like any transmission if you get unlucky, right? It's always thousands.