Uber toll in airport territory

Ozzyoz

Uber app is dumb and will charge toll to passengers if they are in anywhere in the entire Fort Smelling airport territory area. I picked up a person outside of airport in rental cat area near hey 77th and it charged toll.

d_uber

When a user requests to be picked up in that area, they are notified that a toll is being added. Any area shaded in gray on the minneapolis.ubermovementcom/airports website is airport property and people will get the toll if they request to be picked up anywhere there including the car rental lots in the southwest corner.

Ozzyoz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When a user requests to be picked up in that area, they are notified that a toll is being added. Any area shaded in gray on the minneapolis.ubermovementcom/airports website is airport property and people will get the toll if they request to be picked up anywhere there including the car rental lots in the southwest corner.
Wonderful, it means I got an extra 6 bucks without having to worry about putting card in machine and getting charged $6.

BruiserB

I had a cancellation earlier this week just after I had inserted my card to enter the pickup area. I got nothing from the rider since I got there in less than 5 minutes. I had to go back and forth with Uber support 3 times but finally got them to reimburse me. First I got a canned response saying that tolls on the way to pick up a passenger are never reimbursed. I explained that this is the airport fee that is always reimbursed as part of an airport pickup and that because of the rules, I had to leave the airport area and incur the fee to get another call. Then they asked for proof that I paid the toll, so I took a pic of the receipt and sent it in. Finally this morning I got confirmation that I will be reimbursed the $6. I doubt they will charge it to the rider who cancelled.

They should get agreement from the airport that if a cancellation happens once you have arrived, then you can just stay in the pickup area and get the next airport call. That would prevent this in all but a very slow situation of pickups. I believe they currently keep you at the top of the queue if you get cancelled, but you still need to leave airport property to get the next call. I actually did get called as soon as I got off the property and had the longest trip I've ever had. Took the guy up to East Bethel. So it worked out fine in the end, but was a hassle to get the $6 back.

Ozzyoz

I had a cancellation earlier this week just after I had inserted my card to enter the pickup area. I got nothing from the rider since I got there in less than 5 minutes. I had to go back and forth with Uber support 3 times but finally got them to reimburse me. First I got a canned response saying that tolls on the way to pick up a passenger are never reimbursed. I explained that this is the airport fee that is always reimbursed as part of an airport pickup and that because of the rules, I had to leave the airport area and incur the fee to get another call. Then they asked for proof that I paid the toll, so I took a pic of the receipt and sent it in. Finally this morning I got confirmation that I will be reimbursed the $6. I doubt they will charge it to the rider who cancelled.

They should get agreement from the airport that if a cancellation happens once you have arrived, then you can just stay in the pickup area and get the next airport call. That would prevent this in all but a very slow situation of pickups. I believe they currently keep you at the top of the queue if you get cancelled, but you still need to leave airport property to get the next call. I actually did get called as soon as I got off the property and had the longest trip I've ever had. Took the guy up to East Bethel. So it worked out fine in the end, but was a hassle to get the $6 back.

Something similar happened to me where a person ordered a Lyft from Terminal 1 and then she took a train to Terminal 2 because she was misled by some people that thought Ubers leave from Terminal 2 so I got to Terminal 1 and she was nowhere to be found after I paid the $6 and then I had to go to terminal 2 after talking with her and paid $6 again and Lyft charged her. I don't wanna sound discriminative here, but it appears most of the people that are doing this are ones with English as not the first language. I will normally call once i get to ticket machine before I put my card in, this way I will know for sure they won't cancel.

BruiserB

Something similar happened to me where a person ordered a Lyft from Terminal 1 and then she took a train to Terminal 2 because she was misled by some people that thought Ubers leave from Terminal 2 so I got to Terminal 1 and she was nowhere to be found after I paid the $6 and then I had to go to terminal 2 after talking with her and paid $6 again and Lyft charged her. I don't wanna sound discriminative here, but it appears most of the people that are doing this are ones with English as not the first language. I will normally call once i get to ticket machine before I put my card in, this way I will know for sure they won't cancel.
So you're the guy I saw sitting at the ticket machine on his phone on Wednesday afternoon? :smiles:

I really did see a guy doing this and went to the other machine.....hopefully you stay back from actually being at the machine when you make your call.

Now that I know that I can successfully argue for my $6 back, I'd rather be inconvenienced with that occasionally than have to be be inconvenienced making a call with every pickup. I hate talking to passengers on the phone and only text myself. I really hate when they call me...especially the ones who call as soon as I accept the trip just to check if I am coming.

Ozzyoz

Nay, twas not me most likely. I actually call and talk to them as I am about to put credit card in machine so it all takes place quick. I driver a dark green Camry. LOL I just remembered something, some guys come in there and I talk with them since they drive Uber and Lyft and often times they tell me "Hey man why aren't any requests coming in", and I be like you need to be out away from airport to get them.

For the most part my customers are happy I am giving them a ride and just wanna get home since they are tired and have luggage which is why I normally don't worry about cancellation at airport. I do worry about pin putting them in T2 and not T1 when they are in T1 and vice versa, aside from that cancellations are least of my worries.

Just the other day I called the Airport parking line and they said Uber and Lyft are not eligible to get the magnetic pass which they charge a small monthly fee for and they said we have to keep paying $6. He drives Uber black and got the monthly pass just because he has a Limo license plate. He has a luxury car but only does Uber black.

I argued with them and they said "Only commercial vehicles like Limos". I told them "What am I?" I am going into commercial lane and commercially using my vehicle to pickup people commercially aren't I? And they said until we change regulations this is how it will be only Limos get that. Sucks.

Last edited: