Uber told the Fed

jettpacc

The only advantage to Lyft is the riders are less likely to "slam" your doors.

But back to the point of this thread. Uber is being unfair to drivers with upfront pricing. I originally engaged with Uber for 75% of fare minus a small processing fee. Then, they realized the market would bear higher fares, so they changed the terms on me, so they could give themselves a raise and not share the new, higher fares with me.

B - uberlyftdriver

ok, Mr. argument:rolleyes:

they are called analogies

life must be so hard for miserable people like you, i feel sorry for you, lol, not really

Last edited:

Ihateyou

ok, Mr. argument:rolleyes:

they are called analogies

life must be so hard for miserable people like you, i feel sorry for you, lol, not really

When people add lol into a message unnecessarily, it makes me lol because it shows incredible insecurity.

You know. Those people who laugh at their own jokes in a group because they aren't sure anyone else will laugh with them.

E30addixt

I am curious what comes of this. Uber does have the right to do the upfront pricing and they don't have to pay us a percentage of what the pax does. That is the agreement we all "signed".

What I find shady and underhanded is that they get to change the terms on us whenever they want and we either agree or quit. That is what I think is bullshit.

Tiger12

The only advantage to Lyft is the riders are less likely to "slam" your doors.

But back to the point of this thread. Uber is being unfair to drivers with upfront pricing. I originally engaged with Uber for 75% of fare minus a small processing fee. Then, they realized the market would bear higher fares, so they changed the terms on me, so they could give themselves a raise and not share the new, higher fares with me.
Except for the fact that you get incentives. That inventive money has to come from somewhere!

B - uberlyftdriver

I am curious what comes of this. Uber does have the right to do the upfront pricing and they don't have to pay us a percentage of what the pax does. That is the agreement we all "signed".

What I find shady and underhanded is that they get to change the terms on us whenever they want and we either agree or quit. That is what I think is bullshit.

i agree

on the other side of the coin, they are also trying to figure out how to make a profit and stay relevant but it is a fine line

wb6vpm

When people add lol into a message unnecessarily, it makes me lol because it shows incredible insecurity.

You know. Those people who laugh at their own jokes in a group because they aren't sure anyone else will laugh with them.
LOL :smiles: sorry, couldn't resist.

E30addixt

i agree

on the other side of the coin, they are also trying to figure out how to make a profit and stay relevant but it is a fine line

Very true. They are going to have raise fares to stay viable long term. On the other hand, there does need to be an increase in driver pay as well. Otherwise they will always have a transient and inexperienced workforce until the self driving cars they are going to rely on are ready.

This type of workforce can do a lot of damage to the brand until that point is reached. That damage can be through direct passenger contact or pissed off drivers shredding them to everyone they know.

We're pretty lucky in Boston that you can earn a very decent living driving rideshare. When I look at some of the rates in other parts of the country I don't see how people can possibly make it work long term unless they are exceedingly good at watching every penny, and most definitely are not.

Robinhood

Except for the fact that you get incentives. That inventive money has to come from somewhere!
Come now, look at your last 65 rides and what riders paid. Would you prefer 75% of total paid or the usual incentive say $120 for those 65 rides?

Very true. They are going to have raise fares to stay viable long term. On the other hand, there does need to be an increase in driver pay as well. Otherwise they will always have a transient and inexperienced workforce until the self driving cars they are going to rely on are ready.

This type of workforce can do a lot of damage to the brand until that point is reached. That damage can be through direct passenger contact or pissed off drivers shredding them to everyone they know.

We're pretty lucky in Boston that you can earn a very decent living driving rideshare. When I look at some of the rates in other parts of the country I don't see how people can possibly make it work long term unless they are exceedingly good at watching every penny, and most definitely are not.
A lot of highly paid consultants have done enough analysis to know where driver rates should be. I wouldn't worry too much about unskilled labor leaving rideshare for anything else. And yes, you can make a decent amount in Boston but shhhhhh, don't say that too loud. The NH and RI guys might move here...permanently

kfeels

I get paid 58.5% by Uber for 25 mile ride to the airport.

The other 41.5% is considered the "service fee" that I pay Uber for the privilege of driving.

The fare the rider paid was $69.55 which seems close to what a cab would cost from Concord to Logan.

B - uberlyftdriver

I get paid 58.5% by Uber for 25 mile ride to the airport.

The other 41.5% is considered the "service fee" that I pay Uber for the privilege of driving.

The fare the rider paid was $69.55 which seems close to what a cab would cost from Concord to Logan.

have you checked this with lyft, same thing

again. we signed up to drive for mileage and time so what we get paid and what the apps charge is two different worlds or contracts

both apps are fighting to be profitable and relevant

Last edited: