Uber today made its EV pledge. It will go electric like Lyft.

Young Kim

I just ran across this. Uber today made its pledge to go "all electric" by 2030. I think that is probably good for the environment, which I am happy about. The only downside I see is that a lot of drivers in the upcoming years may have their options limited. If someone is driving for Uber, I feel like they should just use the car they already own. But if Uber and Lyft slowly "budges" new drivers (and existing) into electric vehicles, then my concern is that some drivers will be left out.

I guess that since Uber and Lyft are responsible for so many cars on the street, then we may all see more electric charging stations pop up in the upcoming years. In the minutes following when I read this article, I thought of my car (my Prius), and knew that its days are now numbered since it is not 100% electric (although I am halfway there as a hybrid). I think the article said they may pay up to 1.50 more per ride (I think that is what the article said at least) for 100% EV... so if that much of a carrot is being dangled, then I think my next car will be fully electric.

The only other downside I think is that it takes a lot longer to recharge an EV than filling up gas. Since us ants always have to be fully "locked and loaded" when it comes to fuel (you don't want to take a chance to get low on fuel if you get a long trip), it will be imperative to make certain you are 100% "fueled up"/"charged up" before you start your shift. Have a great day everyone, and happy belated Labor Day!

Last edited:

25rides7daysaweek

I just ran across this. Uber today made its pledge to go "all electric" by 2030. I think that is probably good for the environment, which I am happy about. The only downside I see is that a lot of drivers in the upcoming years may have their options limited. If someone is driving for Uber, I feel like they should just use the car they already own. But if Uber and Lyft slowly "budges" new drivers (and existing) into electric vehicles, then my concern is that some drivers will be left out.

I guess that since Uber and Lyft are responsible for so many cars on the street, then we may all see more electric charging stations pop up in the upcoming years. In the minutes following when I read this article, I thought of my car (my Prius), and knew that its days are now numbered since it is not 100% electric (although I am halfway there as a hybrid). I think the article said they may pay up to 1.50 more per ride (I think that is what the article said at least) for 100% EV... so if that much of a carrot is being dangled, then I think my next car will be fully electric.

The only other downside I think is that it takes a lot longer to recharge an EV than filling up gas. Since us ants always have to be fully "locked and loaded" when it comes to fuel (you don't want to take a chance to get low on fuel if you get a long trip), it will be imperative to make certain you are 100% "fueled up"/"charged up" before you start your shift. Have a great day everyone, and happy belated Labor Day!
I wouldnt be buying anything based
on what uber says about whats going
to happen about pay in 10 years.
Have you had an accusation
of intoxication yet?

Young Kim

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldnt be buying anything based
on what uber says about whats going
to happen about pay in 10 years.
Have you had an accusation
of intoxication yet?
@25rides7daysaweek my buddy, well for me I am due for a new car in the next few years anyway, so that is why I know that is will be a motive for me to commit to an all electric car as my next vehicle. And thankfully I've never had an accusation of intoxication yet. Luckily, I'm kind of allergic to alcohol. Did you ever know any Asians who turn bright red after they drink even a sip of alcohol? I am that person. A lot of Asians lack a certain enzyme in their liver (acetaldehyde dehydrogenase) in their liver which makes the toxic intermediary build up. That causes flushing in the skin (hence the redness), and makes a person really ill with a headache. So maybe lucky for me? that I can't drink alcohol? So I don't think I would ever be in a situation where I could say even have half a beer and then go out Ubering/anting. (But I guess such a false accusation could happen anyway)...

Gby

Environment it is just hoax story body one cruis ship in one day it pollute equivalent 35000 trucks in one day . Then the biggest pollution on Earth are under water Vulcans

mbd

IRME4EVER

I read that also. But who owns the car? Not Uber. 50 cents to 1.00 more per trip!! Whoopee!!
One part of the article a driver was driving an EV car for 2 years and put 60,000 miles his new car. I can beat that I put 43,000 (all Uber) miles on my new car (gas consumption) in 1 year.
Now let's look at what driving for Uber doesn't do. 1. Driver's buy/lease cars (I bought my Mitsubishi brand new, with only 17 miles on it)
just to drive to make some kinda $$. 2. Drivers have to purchase rideshare insurance, better safe than sorry if you ever get in an accident because Uber won't back you up. 3. Maintenance (regular or major). 4. GAS!! 5. Monthly carwash plans.
Uber could care less about their drivers, they care more for the scumbags they put in our cars!!
Beware Uber offers Roadside service, never fell for it but I have been told that you better have your credit card handy. I have my roadside through Allstate {my insurance company} I pay an extra 10.00 a month for their motor club elite program. Covers a lot more and don't need my credit card. Have roadside with Mitsubishi but Allstate has more perks.
OK, we all know Uber royally screws their drivers over. That's why Uber is so rich!!

Gby

I read that also. But who owns the car? Not Uber. 50 cents to 1.00 more per trip!! Whoopee!!
One part of the article a driver was driving an EV car for 2 years and put 60,000 miles his new car. I can beat that I put 43,000 (all Uber) miles on my new car (gas consumption) in 1 year.
Now let's look at what driving for Uber doesn't do. 1. Driver's buy/lease cars (I bought my Mitsubishi brand new, with only 17 miles on it)
just to drive to make some kinda $$. 2. Drivers have to purchase rideshare insurance, better safe than sorry if you ever get in an accident because Uber won't back you up. 3. Maintenance (regular or major). 4. GAS!! 5. Monthly carwash plans.
Uber could care less about their drivers, they care more for the scumbags they put in our cars!!
Beware Uber offers Roadside service, never fell for it but I have been told that you better have your credit card handy. I have my roadside through Allstate {my insurance company} I pay an extra 10.00 a month for their motor club elite program. Covers a lot more and don't need my credit card. Have roadside with Mitsubishi but Allstate has more perks.
OK, we all know Uber royally screws their drivers over. That's why Uber is so rich!!
Uber rise all those money unfair after drivers investment those money are not belong to them I hope one day Feds will call them to testify heir illegal practice how stealing drivers

Fusion_LUser

Stop worrying about 2030. Trump has inadvertently changed our future when he created Space Force. In 2029 when Captain Marky Mark from US Space Force ship Oberon enters a electromagnetic storm he will discover that in the future it is nothing but damn dirty apes that have taken over this planet and nobody cares about how Uber has yet to comply with AB5 and followup laws AB6 (2021) through AB617 (5021 A.D.).

The Gift of Fish

I think the article said they may pay up to 1.50 more per ride (I think that is what the article said at least) for 100% EV... so if that much of a carrot is being dangled, then I think my next car will be fully electric.
It would be a big mistake to base any car purchase on anything Uber says - remember that their offers and promos can be and frequently are withdrawn at any time with no notice.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
uber wants to charge riders more if they are picked up in a hybrid.
Which is profoundly DUMB. Uber should merely offer the option, and if PAX decided to wait and extra minute or three for a greener vehicle, then it is their choice. UBER could kick in an extra $0.50 for the driver, but studies and studies have shown, that if you charge EXTRA for environmentally conscious consumer behaviour, 99% will not behave that way. Most people pay attention to their bottom line. A to B for cheapest possible price.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Uber has buried the UBER-GREEN option pretty far down their request menu in the Rider App, that 95% of Riders will probably never even know it is there.

doyousensehumor

Uber is virtue signaling to the green crowd. It's a marketing strategy with proven results. They will run some ads, show how "committed" Dara is to the environment... pshh... Whether or not the reach their goal was never the point. Has more to do with green of another kind. Speaking of which--- Uber will have to change something before then, or they won't even exist in 10 years. They will run out of cash before then.

Eventually electric cars may become mainstream. For now, it is not yet practical for everyone.

Last edited:

MikhailCA

Uber has 0 control over it.
It’s all based on government regulations.
Some European cities already banned diesels in downtowns and willing to ban all ICE engines in following years as well(which is stupid).