Uber to Tennesee

Lyle

:cool: I got a pickup request today from a strange name. Immediately they called me and said they were on the side of the Winn Dixie. When I got there they had several large duffel bags and some electronics. First I thought great an airport run. When I saw the electronics I said oh you're moving? I closed the back of my car and they got in. When I slid the trip it showed they were going to Tennessee. I asked them are you sure this is where you are going. They said yes , The girl said her aunt had thrown them out and they had been sitting in the parking lot since 5 AM It was around 10 AM at this time. I pulled out of the traffic into a parking space and told them there was no way I could take them to Tennessee. They seemed to act like it was not a big deal. I turned up the A/C and offered them the couple of bottles of water I keep in the back. They told me that everyone else had canceled them once they found out where they were going. I told them did they know how much it would be and they replied yea they had just come with an Uber 3 days ago from there and it was $687. They told me they could go to Tennesee or Atlanta whichever was closer. They were very polite , soft spoken and I guess to be in there early 20's. Being an older guy around 60 I really felt bad for them. The girl asked if she could charge her phone because it went dead. I told them I could bring them to the train station and they could catch the train to Atlanta. They said they had no money other than the Uber. I said do you have a credit card and they said no it was someone else Uber account and it was funded by "PayPal". They called some other drivers and I told them tell them where you want to go instead of having them drive to you to find out, Like they did me. Other drivers hung up on them. I told them I thought they would be able to find someone willing to take them . I offered to drive them to a nearby Mc Donalds where they could charge their phone but they refused. I told them I could drive them into New Orleans where they might have more riders. The guy told the girl they didn't know how much they had on pay pal and they might not be able to get another ride Uber would cut them off. I was about to offer to buy them some food when I realized they would have scammed someone into driving them to Tennessee. I told them They have to get out and I shut my car off and unloaded their stuff on the curb and left.

I have been wondering if someone would have bit and drove them to Tennessee and back paying for all of the gas and meals and got there to find out the fare was rejected? !!

geauxfish

That's crazy I got the same request this morning around 9am from the Winn Dixie in Covington. I've heard uber has a 4 hr trip cap and the trip would end. He even offered to pay cash for the trip when I told him that. Something seemed off about the whole situation though and told him to try another driver and immediately call them to see if they would be willing to take a trip that far. I don't know why anybody would assume all uber drivers would take them 450 miles away.

Lyle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's crazy I got the same request this morning around 9am from the Winn Dixie in Covington. I've heard uber has a 4 hr trip cap and the trip would end. He even offered to pay cash for the trip when I told him that. Something seemed off about the whole situation though and told him to try another driver and immediately call them to see if they would be willing to take a trip that far. I don't know why anybody would assume all uber drivers would take them 450 miles away.
That was the same people!

NOLA-Uber

My longest trip was to Baton Rouge....Trip to Tennessee is just crazy! My payout to BR was only $62 and the ride back to New Orleans was on me.

stevedmc

This is why you need to carry some form of protection with you when doing this. Something sounds really fishy about those people.