Uber to start Behavior Modification techniques for Passengers

Pesty

Was talked about in today's meeting.

Ubernease speak says.. Anytime a pax receives 3 bad ratings from drivers, they will receive an education email and if they continue to get bad ratings then they get removed from the platform..

Real life talk.. nothing happens to pax as they are the ones with the money and can do whatever they want with zero consequences

Wombat7

On the other hand, if they do follow up with their little psycho games, it will probably be on more frequent users. And I suspect on a large number of them it will work.

You'd be floored if you heard of the sheep-like behavior of alot of drivers. I suspect the general population is just as gullible.

Escoman

On the other hand, if they do follow up with their little psycho games, it will probably be on more frequent users. And I suspect on a large number of them it will work.

You'd be floored if you heard of the sheep-like behavior of alot of drivers. I suspect the general population is just as gullible.
Hmmm but it seems to fail in here? People get suspended for fighting come back go.right back into attack mode think the name begins with an S maybe ?

Safe_Driver_4_U

yep, it is reality, if we want to survive this gig and make something of it, we have to consider how our cohorts will affect us. "Become like the water" let them burn out on the no surge PB bar close and the useless poo. Save your resources for the best opportunities...in short, the psych mods are working on drivers and pax both, be aware.

Escoman

That premise assumes there is a finite pool of drivers and Uber has proven otherwise with the ability through deceptive ads to recruit as many as they want

Pesty

Just like any labor pool, when they figure out that the local mill is a bad place to work, the more people who drive and tell their friends how bad it was.. that pool of drivers gets smaller and smaller and eventually will become a job that no one wants to do.. except for people who just got here, have no job experience and can't speak English very well.. you know..kind of like all the cab drivers.....

Rideshare will come full circle and only cab drivers will drive

Pesty

Uber had 160,000 drivers at the end of 2014, and has 1.4 million drivers today.

The trends are not heading downward...

I've been in the business of hiring labor for the last 25 years. When a company treats their employees poorly, doesn't pay them well and runs them like dogs.. after time people stop applying to work there as the word gets out that it's not a good place to work. I've seen it first hand time and time again. What they are left with are people who only work there because they NEED a job, not because they want to. The quality of work drops and ultimately the work stops coming in as customers are tired of getting poor service and go elsewhere. what was once a great place to work, had awesome quality is now struggling to keep the doors open.. sound familiar?

I've been in the business of hiring labor for the last 25 years. When a company treats their employees poorly, doesn't pay them well and runs them like dogs.. after time people stop applying to work there as the word gets out that it's not a good place to work. I've seen it first hand time and time again. What they are left with are people who only work there because they NEED a job, not because they want to. The quality of work drops and ultimately the work stops coming in as customers are tired of getting poor service and go elsewhere. what was once a great place to work, had awesome quality is now struggling to keep the doors open.. sound familiar?

I'm a data-hound. The data does not back this contention up. Uber has sucked to work for for years. Yet the driver pool has increased exponentially--incredibly, in fact. It's not like those new drivers haven't heard from old ones. There have been many years of complaints all around. It's that it hasn't had the effect you say. People are driving for Uber in spite of the drawbacks, not because they don't know about them. With no disrespect to any experience you may have, this business model is not like other businesses, and most of the conventional wisdom is probably only marginal at best. As it seems to be in this case...

Pesty

With the average driver lasting 4 months and 1.4 million drivers currently on the road, that's 3 million new drivers per year who tell someone this gig just ain't worth it so let's say 5 million people per year decide rideshare is not for them.

how long can that labor pool last..

They know that and is why autonomous vehicles are being fast tracked.

With the average driver lasting 4 months and 1.4 million drivers currently on the road, that's 3 million new drivers per year who tell someone this gig just ain't worth it so let's say 5 million people per year decide rideshare is not for them.

how long can that labor pool last..
It can last as long people continue to turn 21. Or as long as people need 4 months' worth of income from a crappy job to get them through a rough time. Or as long as some segment of the society likes particular features of the gig, and doesn't care about the stuff you don't like. And the reason you and I can know this is that it has continued to draw drivers at an increasing rate, despite all those theoretical millions of people saying theoretically bad things about the gig.

They know that and is why autonomous vehicles are being fast tracked.
That is not really why.

Wombat7

I agree with both Pesty and Math.

I've lived in both medium and large cities and have seen the impacts that Pesty describes in both types of cities. But then Math's use of numbers also comes into play in particular with Uber. Uber's the easiest "job" on the planet to get into.

You can see locally the impacts of the type of jobs that Pesty describes. Look at NASSCO. They have a hell of a hard time keeping people. All no-experience newbies start out doing the dangerous schitt work. Working conditions for them is terrible. I've come across many people that tried it and quit. Which is why NASSCO has to pay more. There are other types of companies that are also similarly impacted. Call center work; look at their colossal turnover.

Because of it's incredibly low bar to get in I don't think Ubs will have too much difficulty in our current environment where the middle class is rapidly shrinking.

Escoman

Uber is different because of the incredible marketing they do .It makes it sound so attractive ad easy just do a few rides pick up some quick cash.. Its all about side hustle they never mention make a living full time . I think there are probably significantly less full time drivers than before and more doing a few rides here and there and doing peak times.

Christopher phipps

I side hustle every Friday and Saturday night... Ussally to the tune of 500 take home after gas.

Ps Esco thought you where leaving.

Ps last weekend for me may run monday since I start a new job that should more then cover what I make between day job and hustle.. but seriously Esco you said you where done so why are you still here

NCRBILL

I side hustle every Friday and Saturday night... Ussally to the tune of 500 take home after gas.

Ps Esco thought you where leaving.

Ps last weekend for me may run monday since I start a new job that should more then cover what I make between day job and hustle.. but seriously Esco you said you where done so why are you still here
Just can't get away from us