• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber To Charge Extra For Long Pickups And More

UberAntMakingPeanuts

Anyone know how much the rate is for long pickups and what the long pickup time is here?
Depends on the time to get to the pax and the city. I couldn't find when they start paying us in our city. They didn't update our dashboard yet.
I'll just give an example.
Let's say the pax is 15 minutes away, and in our city we get paid after 8 minutes. Those extra 7 minutes we will get paid like we picked up the passenger already and get paid per time and distance. They also wrote that surges will not apply and we cannot take unreasonable routes to make the most of it. Max 20 dollars before we drive toward a pax but I don't see how we can reach that without driving unnecessary routes.
The best way to make the most of it is to take side roads until 8 minutes then take the highway after 8 minutes lol

Last edited:

Matthew Thomas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depends on the time to get to the pax and the city. I couldn't find when they start paying us in our city. They didn't update our dashboard yet.
Let's say the pax is 15 minutes away, and in our city we get paid after 8 minutes. Those extra 7 minutes we will get paid like we picked up the passenger already and get paid per time and distance. They also wrote that surges will not apply and we cannot take unreasonable routes to make the most of it. Max 20 dollars before we drive toward a pax but I don't see how we can reach that without driving unnecessary routes.
The best way to make the most of it is to take side roads until 8 minutes then take the highway after 8 minutes lol
Sounds fair enough. Definitely beats the living shit out of what we were dealing with before!

Ubering around

They said it will be available in December this year

Last edited:

MSUGrad9902

I get that, but just sayin when you're in A2 there's not that much distance to go between you and the pax, and as long as you're not waiting a million years, that's a pretty good mileage rate.

UberAntMakingPeanuts

I get that, but just sayin when you're in A2 there's not that much distance to go between you and the pax, and as long as you're not waiting a million years, that's a pretty good mileage rate.
True. If I drive 4 minutes to a pax and pick them up quick where I spent 6 minutes overall that would be over 20 an hour. That's why I never take far away pax lol. Especially in Ann arbor.