Inshur

Uber to blame

freddie cab

Uber should take sole responsibility for the loss of there operator's licence.
A company who disregarded all the rules in my opinion.
Was it one of the heads of the transport police, who sent a letter to Tfl.
Saying uber was not responding to the police investigations and trying to cover up everything.
Was it Ken livingstone who licenced minicabs, for safety reasons.
Then uber took the trade back to pre licencing days
So uber have got what they deserve.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
We are in london and it's 2017

Last edited:

BlackTaxi-Slayer

Lets get straight to the point.

The bosses of Uber in America should be sacking the Senior Management of Uber in London - E.G. Jo Bertram , Fred Jones and Tom Elvidge. They are NOT fit and proper people to run UBER in the UK. They failed to report serious allegation of Sexual Assault - period.

There are 3 phases an individual needs to go through to get approved by TFL.

a) Topological Test
b) Medical Test
c) DBS Check

Uber London created "Uber Ignition" a cheap and quick way of Drivers Getting on the Road. It said it could get you up and running in 4 to 6 weeks. That's quite funny as it took me 14 weeks alone to get my "Proper/Legal" DBS check done.

So lets look at a)

Most Topological test centre's have been shut down - Why? A huge percentage of Uber Drivers cannot speak English very well - as for reading - No Chance. Therefore someone else was filling in their forms. Uber Know's it - Uber by the backdoor approved it.

Now on b)

The only person who can say whether you are fit to drive or not is YOUR doctor - he/she knows you medical history. However under Uber Ignition you see a Doctor you have never seen before and after you hand over £70 Cash your declared fit. That is wrong and TFL knows it.

Finally c)

Uber London managed to find a company out of thin air that could issue you a DBS Check in a couple of weeks. Again mine took 14 weeks via the correct channels.

So the steps for gaining a PH License is simple , but Uber London broke every rule

I) Topological Test NOT perform by the Driver.
II) Medicals NOT performed by your Doctor.
III) DBS checks not carried out by the official body.

They are 3 simple/easy rules but Uber has a minimum of 13,000 drivers who are basically illegally licensed.

The fix is simple - sack Uber London Management. Ensure that ALL Uber drivers have completed Steps A) to C) correctly - no shortcuts and TFL would be screwed - they would have no option but to grant Uber a License. However a large number of existing drivers will fail and be kicked off. And rightly so.

Uber should take sole responsibility for the loss of there operator's licence.
A company who disregarded all the rules in my opinion.
Was it one of the heads of the transport police, who sent a letter to Tfl.
Saying uber was not responding to the police investigations and trying to cover up everything.
Was it Ken livingstone who licenced minicabs, for safety reasons.
Then uber took the trade back to pre licencing days
So uber have got what they deserve.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
We are in london and it's 2017

Yes Uber are responsible and I don't disagree. However your trade also has a responsibility for picking everyone up regardless of creed or colour.

However you can't answer why the BC Trade won't pick up 2 very large looking Coloured Men and take them to somewhere in South East London? You can't or won't in my opinion you also deserve to lose your license - You all think you are Prima Dona's - Uber has made you look like what you really are.....

Last edited:

Shane Sheikh

As supportive I am regarding Uber to stay in London, they are still to blame because it not NOT hard at all just to follow regulations.

Edit: I also think Uber and tfl are working together. Tfl just needs to look good and Uber gets their 5hit together so that they can be licenced again. That way tfl don't look "corrupted" I mean seriously Uber is way bigger then tfl and keeping tfl pockets big and meaty. 40,000 drivers = £4 million in just vehicle licencing.

We can argue that someone else can come in but It won't keep tfls pockets big

Last edited:

I know not what I do

Lets get straight to the point.

The bosses of Uber in America should be sacking the Senior Management of Uber in London - E.G. Jo Bertram , Fred Jones and Tom Elvidge. They are NOT fit and proper people to run UBER in the UK. They failed to report serious allegation of Sexual Assault - period.

There are 3 phases an individual needs to go through to get approved by TFL.

a) Topological Test
b) Medical Test
c) DBS Check

Uber London created "Uber Ignition" a cheap and quick way of Drivers Getting on the Road. It said it could get you up and running in 4 to 6 weeks. That's quite funny as it took me 14 weeks alone to get my "Proper/Legal" DBS check done.

So lets look at a)

Most Topological test centre's have been shut down - Why? A huge percentage of Uber Drivers cannot speak English very well - as for reading - No Chance. Therefore someone else was filling in their forms. Uber Know's it - Uber by the backdoor approved it.

Now on b)

The only person who can say whether you are fit to drive or not is YOUR doctor - he/she knows you medical history. However under Uber Ignition you see a Doctor you have never seen before and after you hand over £70 Cash your declared fit. That is wrong and TFL knows it.

Finally c)

Uber London managed to find a company out of thin air that could issue you a DBS Check in a couple of weeks. Again mine took 14 weeks via the correct channels.

So the steps for gaining a PH License is simple , but Uber London broke every rule

I) Topological Test NOT perform by the Driver.
II) Medicals NOT performed by your Doctor.
III) DBS checks not carried out by the official body.

They are 3 simple/easy rules but Uber has a minimum of 13,000 drivers who are basically illegally licensed.

The fix is simple - sack Uber London Management. Ensure that ALL Uber drivers have completed Steps A) to C) correctly - no shortcuts and TFL would be screwed - they would have no option but to grant Uber a License. However a large number of existing drivers will fail and be kicked off. And rightly so.

Yes Uber are responsible and I don't disagree. However your trade also has a responsibility for picking everyone up regardless of creed or colour.

However you can't answer why the BC Trade won't pick up 2 very large looking Coloured Men and take them to somewhere in South East London? You can't or won't in my opinion you also deserve to lose your license - You all think you are Prima Dona's - Uber has made you look like what you really are.....
Are you one of those 2 fat black guys? If so lose some weight.

Durranee

Yeah sure let's break this down

So lets look at a)

Uber is not the one to regulate Topographical test or police how someone acquire them, TfL is. If people were able to acquire topographical certificates by not sitting the test or by bribing then only the applicant, test centre AND TFL is at fault. Uber has no mean to check if the certificates were gained properly.

Now on b)

That's not correct. As per regulation, any GP can do your medical examination and sign the application form off. For that, they will need access to your medical records which applicant can give them access to by signing a medical disclosure form. That form needs to go the applicant GP who then will provide medical records to the doctor doing the medical to help him getting things right.

If thorough process wasn't followed up then only the applicant and the doctor is to be blamed. Neither Uber nor TFL have any means to check that.

Finally c)

Again thats not against the law. As long as the company "hired" by Uber was doing proper checks and was providing correct info on DBS certificates, it's not illegal. That's why TFL accepted all those DBS and issued drivers with PH Licences.

If correct DBS was not issued then it's not Uber's fault but the company's. Unless of course the company was doing it because Uber asked them to, in which case, it's both the company's and Ubers fault. Also TFL as they clearly failed to stop this and allowed thousands of unchecked drivers (if they had incorrect info on DBS) to drive people.

The fact, Uber became too big for TFL to handle. That, and they obviously want to milk more money from them.
That's why TfL kept changing the goal post by introducing new regulations like requirement for Hire and Reward Insurance for the entire period the car is licensed for even when not used as a private hire vehicle.
English language test, like before uber every single minicab driver had a Masters degree in English literature.
And now licence fee from 3000 to 3 million.

essexman

Yeah sure let's break this down

Uber is not the one to regulate Topographical test or police how someone acquire them, TfL is. If people were able to acquire topographical certificates by not sitting the test or by bribing then only the applicant, test centre AND TFL is at fault. Uber has no mean to check if the certificates were gained properly.

That's not correct. As per regulation, any GP can do your medical examination and sign the application form off. For that, they will need access to your medical records which applicant can give them access to by signing a medical disclosure form. That form needs to go the applicant GP who then will provide medical records to the doctor doing the medical to help him getting things right.

If thorough process wasn't followed up then only the applicant and the doctor is to be blamed. Neither Uber nor TFL have any means to check that.

Again thats not against the law. As long as the company "hired" by Uber was doing proper checks and was providing correct info on DBS certificates, it's not illegal. That's why TFL accepted all those DBS and issued drivers with PH Licences.

If correct DBS was not issued then it's not Uber's fault but the company's. Unless of course the company was doing it because Uber asked them to, in which case, it's both the company's and Ubers fault. Also TFL as they clearly failed to stop this and allowed thousands of unchecked drivers (if they had incorrect info on DBS) to drive people.

The fact, Uber became too big for TFL to handle. That, and they obviously want to milk more money from them.
That's why TfL kept changing the goal post by introducing new regulations like requirement for Hire and Reward Insurance for the entire period the car is licensed for even when not used as a private hire vehicle.
English language test, like before uber every single minicab driver had a Masters degree in English literature.
And now licence fee from 3000 to 3 million.

Uber was doing the topographical test
was stoped from doing it for a while then started doing tests again.

As for the doctor they was using a push doctor this medical was done via Skype so I don't know how it was possible for them to do a blood pressure test unless they was getting Uber staff to do it.

As for the DBS check again this was all done by them through there provider think it was 13000 don't know if any one with serious records slipped by the system I doubt it because I don't think people would waste there money on applying if they had bad record.Even a normal DBS would bring up serious records it just won't bring up spent convictions and people on the barred list from dealing with children .

Durranee

Uber was doing the topographical test
was stoped from doing it for a while then started doing tests again.
Which TfL allowed them to do by giving them the test centre status.
BTW I have a mate appeared in test at uber three times and failed, which kinda proves that tests were done properly (at least for him).

As for the doctor they was using a push doctor this medical was done via Skype so I don't know how it was possible for them to do a blood pressure test unless they was getting Uber staff to do it.
Ok I'm not sure, never heard of that. I heard people saying they were told to go to their doctors to get medical done.

Honestly,
As for the DBS check again this was all done by them through there provider think it was 13000 don't know if any one with serious records slipped by the system I doubt it because I don't think people would waste there money on applying if they had bad record.Even a normal DBS would bring up serious records it just won't bring up spent convictions and people on the barred list from dealing with children .
[/QUOTE]
No one knows of a single person who got slipped when other company did the DBS. TfL accepted all those DBS then changed the goalpost because now they doubt the checks. Why do they doubt the check? Is there a single case where they found out that checks weren't done properly? No one knows.