• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Tipping

D-River

I just found it in today’s Herald Sun.

Available on Wednesday, up to $50 with presets of $1, $3 or $5.

Watch all those people that used to laugh at me giving mints, rush to the shop to buy some!!!

And those who mocked myself and others having some pride in our rating, suddenly start to change the way the treat customers to get their rating back up.

Bring on the tips!!!!!

Cheers and good luck fellas!!

D

Last edited:

BuckleUp

Easy - make it "known to the riders:
$5 tip = 5 stars
$4 tip = 4 stars
$3 tip = 3 stars
$2 tip = 2 stars
$4 tip = 1 star
$0 tip = 1 star + "attitude" report

Get ready for the excuse: "but I don;t have the latest version of the app".
Come back: Here's my WiFi, you can use it for free during the ride to download the latest version.

Silence.....

ada1985

Middle class people are more likely to tip (Becoming far in between these days).. Thats why I go offline in areas with alot of poverty neighborhoods... Airport runs are another source of likely tippers...

Llib07

Easy - make it "known to the riders:
$5 tip = 5 stars
$4 tip = 4 stars
$3 tip = 3 stars
$2 tip = 2 stars
$4 tip = 1 star
$0 tip = 1 star + "attitude" report

Get ready for the excuse: "but I don;t have the latest version of the app".
Come back: Here's my WiFi, you can use it for free during the ride to download the latest version.

Silence.....
Agree 100%

BuckleUp

Pax are going to hate this.
They will now find more reasons to rate you down and hence justify not tipping. You can expect more complaint reports too!
So what? A few 1* for the pax, and they don't get picked up.
Make it clear to every rider, that $tip == *rating received.
Post automatically merged:

Middle class people are more likely to tip (Becoming far in between these days).. Thats why I go offline in areas with alot of poverty neighborhoods... Airport runs are another source of likely tippers...
Yes and no.
It depends more of upbringing and the culture of the country.
Unfortunately with Ozzie culture, being respectful and thankful of others is not taught at home or school.
What's taught (historically) is being 'one of the boys', bashing women, getting pissed, having punch-ups, doing burnouts, and being a dick.
It will take a lot to change Ozzie culture. Getting rid of beer and alcohol, and footy to go along with it, would go a long way to elevating the collective psyche of the nation.
Alas, highly unlikely...

Llib07

I think Middle class Anglos especially the middle aged and older ones are respectful and will happily tip if they get good service. Some are arrogant like the Toorak and Brighton people. Now some working class bogans are either really friendly and can even tip quite well if you’re friendly back or like Buckle up said some are really disrespectful and real dicks.
I think some of those bogans are the most disrespectful, they pick fights, pee where they like, drive like idiots, talk shit but I think most of these guys are probably just a product of single mums and as you said picking the worst aspects of Aussie culture and are in the minority. I don’t see those passengers much because they usually have their own utes and will still drive even with cancelled licences and unregistered cars.

But IMO the worst people in my book are those inner city types (especially inner north) that are controlling with your navigation for a crappy $5 fare and then will not tip even though they go on about indigenous and refugee rights.

Last edited:

BuckleUp

I think Middle class Anglos especially the middle aged and older ones are respectful and will happily tip if they get good service. Some are arrogant like the Toorak and Brighton people. Now some working class bogans are either really friendly and can even tip quite well if you’re friendly back or like Buckle up said some are really disrespectful and real dicks.
I think some of those bogans are the most disrespectful, they pick fights, pee where they like, drive like idiots, talk shit but I think most of these guys are probably just a product of single mums and as you said picking the worst aspects of Aussie culture and are in the minority. I don’t see those passengers much because they usually have their own utes and will still drive even with cancelled licences and unregistered cars.

But IMO the worst people in my book are those inner city types (especially inner north) that are controlling with your navigation for a crappy $5 fare and then will not tip even though they go on about indigenous and refugee rights.
The inner North are some of the biggest two-faced bigots there are - self righteous lefties who have no idea about how the world works except for their closed minded views. They happily use slave labour at poverty hourly rates (uber drivers, uber eats), yet are happy for the fed gov to spend millions upon millions to bring more refugees in - who in turn have no choice but to become slave labour working at servos, pushing bikes for eats, cleaning toilets, and living 8 to a room in CBD over cramped apartments waiting for an inferno to take them.

clmre

The inner North are some of the biggest two-faced bigots there are - self righteous lefties who have no idea about how the world works except for their closed minded views. They happily use slave labour at poverty hourly rates (uber drivers, uber eats), yet are happy for the fed gov to spend millions upon millions to bring more refugees in - who in turn have no choice but to become slave labour working at servos, pushing bikes for eats, cleaning toilets, and living 8 to a room in CBD over cramped apartments waiting for an inferno to take them.
Lentil as Anything on High St perfect example - lots of hipsters typing away on $3000 MacBooks while enjoying a two course meal + glass of wine for$5