Uber timeouts

joetheuberdriver

If I don't accept two in a row, uber puts me on a timeout. They don't sign me off, they just stop sending me by pings even if I'm in a 3.o surge. Then, in 10 min, comes the third one and if I don't accept the third ping, only then they just sign me off. Does anybody else experience this, or is it just my luck?

Pig Pen

Wow, they brought the time outs back? They use to do this over a year ago. It actually back fires on them during busy times as it decreases the availability of the cars and increases surge. This is a win-win for the driver. Knowing this info, if you're seeing a surge going up, wait on it before you login.

Passengers are going to try and wait it out. But as it climbs and they keep checking the price they're going to get nervous and take a ride much higher than if they would've requested a ride earlier.

joetheuberdriver

Wow, they brought the time outs back? They use to do this over a year ago. It actually back fires on them during busy times as it decreases the availability of the cars and increases surge. This is a win-win for the driver. Knowing this info, if you're seeing a surge going up, wait on it before you login.

Passengers are going to try and wait it out. But as it climbs and they keep checking the price they're going to get nervous and take a ride much higher than if they would've requested a ride earlier.
The only problem is now they keep you signed in. So technically you are available on the map.

PTUber

I don't get a timeout but they started sending a very nice polite note saying something like "we noticed you are not accepting rides....". Next time I get one I will do a screen shot.

joetheuberdriver

I don't get a timeout but they started sending a very nice polite note saying something like "we noticed you are not accepting rides....". Next time I get one I will do a screen shot.
You mean some like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170926-084501.png
    Screenshot_20170926-084501.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 81

dnlbaboof

yeah they are coming down hard on acceptence rates so you have to accept a 4.2 rated pool rider and get killed

SorryBluetoothOnly

If I don't accept two in a row, uber puts me on a timeout. They don't sign me off, they just stop sending me by pings even if I'm in a 3.o surge. Then, in 10 min, comes the third one and if I don't accept the third ping, only then they just sign me off. Does anybody else experience this, or is it just my luck?

No. This never happens to me. You must have been a bad boy.

goneubering

I had a 90 minute time out about two years ago but it was my fault for cancelling five or six rides in a row near Disneyland.

Ububu

They used to do this. I was put on 2 minute timeouts over a year ago. These increased to 30 minute timeouts for a month or so. It didn't work. My acceptance rate is still around 20%. One day they stopped with the timeouts ( about a year ago), because it caused it to surge. Currently out of town, but I guess I'll be seeng timeouts soon. LOL. It won't change how I operate, but it sure will dercease the amount of hours I drive. LOL Uber.

Uber doesn't like efficiency for drivers. It likes having a surplus of supply eeking out virtually no profit.

joetheuberdriver

Mine is consistently that low.

Honestly, I think it's luck and you're misinterpreting it. Acceptance means nothing anymore. And they have different ways of incentivizing ants to accept more rides (low base rate + Quest).
Once or twice maybe I would say I'm paranoid. But it's been happening quite often now.

Also I 've noticed uber signing me out without any notice if I'm online n don't get any action. Are we IC or uber out employer?

theclowns

Kept getting time out on the weekend as was in a specific place to pick up long trips. They kept sending pings 20mins away or 4.5. Wasn't going to play that game. Was able to log back in pretty quickly so haven't experienced the 10min time outs like they have done in the past, yet.