Uber time to introduce

UberMor

That will be in the 365 days of pretending to change!

Speaking of holidays. I'd be interested to hear your New Years Eve war stories. I don't get to drive that night thanks to my GF always planning something.

Do you guys make bank? Or is it a huge pain in the ass??

Arb Watson

Speaking of holidays. I'd be interested to hear your New Years Eve war stories. I don't get to drive that night thanks to my GF always planning something.

From what I heard not worth it...better to spend time with your GF, unless you get into an argument then it might be worth it :wink:

plus there should be congestion surcharge, traffic in the morning last two weeks is a disaster....#%%$#@@

scamp

2015 NYE was worth it, though Lyft servers going down screwed me out of two $55/hr guarantees.

2016 NYE wasn't worth it. Tons and tons of drivers out there and good surge only lasted about 45 minutes.

B - uberlyftdriver

two years ago the lyft app crashed, uber surge went to 8-9, that was worth it

last year lyft flooded the streets with hourly guarantees that were a scam and impossible to hit 2 rides an hour
so very little surge/pimetime and i made a normal rate, not worth it

UberMor

I have to think it will be more like 2016 then with Uber and Lyft scamming to keep the surge artificially low.

I'd be happy if Uber tacked on a flat holiday pick up fee of $5 for Thanksgiving, x-mas eve and day, the 4th of July and the Monday of Memorial Day..

Maybe Easter as well. I drove last Easter early morning and made great money on the brunch crowd.

Goodellsux

two years ago the lyft app crashed, uber surge went to 8-9, that was worth it

last year lyft flooded the streets with hourly guarantees that were a scam and impossible to hit 2 rides an hour
so very little surge/pimetime and i made a normal rate, not worth it
Last year the suburbs surged like crazy right after midnight. Downtown surge was low. Suburbs around 128 was the place to be.

Downtown was dead from 11-12 midnight.

Tysmith95

Last year the suburbs surged like crazy right after midnight. Downtown surge was low. Suburbs around 128 was the place to be.

Downtown was dead from 11-12 midnight.
Makes sense. More people celebrate at friends place then downtown. That plus the boost downtown caused the burbs to surge and not the city.

UberwithDan

I generally skip most holidays. In my personal experience ive found that masshoels tip significantly less on holidays. not sure why again jsut my experience.

Robinhood

NYE will be a dud.
1) Uber got creamed for 2014 and 2015 surge so they fixed that for 2016.
2) lot of kids leave for holidays so less demand overall