Uber thinks it deserves a 71% take rate!!

touberornottouber

Uber sucks. I get it. I've gotten it for 4 1/2 years. But I either deal with how much they suck, or I walk away from it. But I stick with it because I still like the money I make.
Well good for you but other people are talking here and they have the right to do so regardless of what you think about it.

MiamiKid

Jesus, this Miamikid guy is worse than Cold Fusion.

You must have a ton of skeletons in your closet, son, to have an id as awful as yours.
FREE MARKET CAPITALISM ALL THE WAY!
⛳⛳⛳⛳🍸🍸🍸💸💸🛥🛥
Post automatically merged:

You must see the obvious problems with Uber right?
None whatsoever. If you don't like the terms?

QUIT DRIVING!

PROBLEM SOLVED

You must have a ton of skeletons in your closet, son, to have an id as awful as yours.
Speak for yourself 🤣🤣🤣

goneubering

FREE MARKET CAPITALISM ALL THE WAY!
⛳⛳⛳⛳🍸🍸🍸💸💸🛥🛥

None whatsoever. If you don't like the terms?

QUIT DRIVING!

PROBLEM SOLVED

Speak for yourself 🤣🤣🤣
Well you’re obviously just trolling now so even though you’ve made some good points in the past I’m putting you on Ignore.

jazzapt

Well good for you but other people are talking here and they have the right to do so regardless of what you think about it.
And they have their right to complain about it. This is the complaint forum after all. I'm just trying to offer another line of thinking (as is my right as well) because I don't see the point of constantly reviewing fares to check Uber/Lyft's take.

Neither company is in the business anymore of paying drivers a percent of the money they take from riders. They haven't been for years. When you agree to their terms, you are agreeing to be paid per mile/min + surge and incentives. That is what your services to them are worth to them. There is nothing in the terms that should lead anyone to believe they will receive a certain percentage of what pax paid. Those days are long gone.

So unless you plan to take action by attempting to enact change, or by saying this is BS and walk away instead of being treated like this, all you doing by checking what pax paid is making yourself angry and bitter. So is it really worth it?

Last edited:

got a p

did you email them to adjust the fare? if so can you please post their reply?

Well you’re obviously just trolling now so even though you’ve made some good points in the past I’m putting you on Ignore.
you haven't put miamikid on ignore yet?..lol. i had him on ignore since he started trolling the uber protests thread right around the ipo.

he was the guy saying the protests wouldnt do anything and he would drive anyway, personally i'm not fond of scabs and he seemed almost as if he were from the uber corporate troll farm. he may be i'm not sure, but hey how did those little inneffective strikes turn out? oh yeah ab5 and 900 million in legal costs to hope to preserve their business.

like i had said at the time, the wise move would be to come to the table with real uber drivers representing our actual concerns.

too late now, go tell dara "i told you so" for me :woot:

Last edited:

MiamiKid

And they have their right to complain about it. This is the complaint forum after all. I'm just trying to offer another line of thinking because I don't see the point of constantly reviewing fares to check Uber/Lyft's take.

Neither company is in the business anymore of paying drivers a percent of the money they take from riders. They haven't been for years. When you agree to their terms, you are agreeing to be paid per mile/min + surge and incentives. That is what your services to them are worth to them. There is nothing in the terms that should lead anyone to believe they will receive a certain percentage of what pax paid. Those days are long gone.

So unless you plan to take action by attempting to enact change, or by saying this is BS and walk away instead of being treated like this, all you doing by checking what pax paid is making yourself angry and bitter. So is it really worth it?
Very well stated.

did you email them to adjust the fare? if so can you please post their reply?

you haven't put miamikid on ignore yet?..lol. i had him on ignore since he started trolling the uber protests thread right around the ipo.

he was the guy saying the protests wouldnt do anything and he would drive anyway, personally i'm not fond of scabs and he seemed almost as if he were from the uber corporate troll farm. he may be i'm not sure, but hey how did those little inneffective strikes turn out? oh yeah ab5 and 900 million in legal costs to hope to preserve their business.

like i had said at the time, the wise move would be to come to the table with real uber drivers representing our actual concerns.

too late now, go tell dara "i told you so" for me :woot:
Still here and scabbing hard. Happen to have a very, very different viewpoint than the complaining, striking drivers. And, in talking to corporate on a regular basis, can confirm the majority of drivers agree with my line of thinking.

We want to stay IC Status all the way. We agreed to, and support, the current pay structure. And we have every right to be on this forum, and will.

We strongly oppose AB5. California is a joke. It's a welfare state ready for collapse. Personally, will be laughing at the driver's who supported this nonsense. And "hats off" to the stronger, educated and professional driver's who had the guts to stand up to this.

UBER ROCKS! 👍
😎

Last edited:

mch

Whoa, they're not even close. Cold Fusion is actually funny.

Miami Kid sucks. I actually agree with him on AB5. But he's still a steaming pile of doody. Worst poster on the site hands down.

With an attitude like his you can take solace in the fact that he probably gets his food effed with wherever he goes. He's probably ingested more bodily fluids than Riley Reid and doesn't even realize it.

got a p

Very well stated.

Still here and scabbing hard. Happen to have a very, very different viewpoint than the complaining, striking drivers. And, in talking to corporate on a regular basis, can confirm the majority of drivers agree with my line of thinking.

We want to stay IC Status all the way. We agreed to, and support, the current pay structure. And we have every right to be on this forum, and will.

We strongly oppose AB5. California is a joke. It's a welfare state ready for collapse. Personally, will be laughing at the driver's who supported this nonsense. And "hats off" to the stronger, educated and professional driver's who had the guts to stand up to this.

UBER ROCKS! 👍
😎
If you recall i was posting that if uber and Lyft didn't cone to the negotiating table with drivers, seeing as it's not a factory where we can protest as a union like they used to, government will step in and do what the union historically has done.

I posted that this would be less favorable to everyone involved, the ball was in ubers court and they made the wrong decision. The last pay cut was the straw that broke the camels back.

jfinks

Lol yep 41 mins for $34

$100 hour pro rated????

I don’t want to be on your level, thanks
Must be some common core math.

right? I was thinking more like $47.90 per hour but Miamibaby must be right since he's never wrong

He might be factoring in daylight savings time, turning back the clock an hour would give you $47.90*2 = $95 if this happened during that hour I guess???
Ya, that is a decent per hour for that ride, but did it take the driver way out in la la land? Then had to eat 30 miles to get back to Earth??? If so that makes it more like $23 gross and about 18 net after gas.

Worst part about this is the rider thinks the driver is getting 70% of that so likely no tip at all.

When UberX started in 2014 I was told they only took around 10% from the drivers on each ride, then 25%. Now they take almost the whole charge. This should be illegal. They should only get a small fee for each ride, let's say 5% at most.
I'd be happy at a consistent max steal rate of 30% or so including that booking fee. Then no ride should ever pay out less than $5, even a short ride. A short ride they will just have to cough up some out of that booking fee.

Last edited: