Uber thinks it deserves a 71% take rate!!

uberparadise

They were sued and lost over this very practice. Go to green light hub and ask for more of a split. Most of the time at the end of the trip summary it says “surge was increased and shared with driver”, yours does not. I got a nice fat $500 check for this exact situation. Fight, fight, fight... go to social media, mainstream media, or any other media if they don’t compensate you. It’s just plain wrong!

tohunt4me

They were sued and lost over this very practice. Go to green light hub and ask for more of a split. Most of the time at the end of the trip summary it says “surge was increased and shared with driver”, yours does not. I got a nice fat $500 check for this exact situation. Fight, fight, fight... go to social media, mainstream media, or any other media if they don’t compensate you. It’s just plain wrong!
Media will snap at ANYTHING like this about Uber right now due to Dara.

Attachments

jazzapt

Here again is another example of the futility of comparing what the pax paid with what driver took home.

OP made exactly what they were supposed to make on the ride, as it states in the language below the pay statement.

We have no idea why the pax was charged a $93 service fee. Could have been an issue with their account that required the fee be paid on their next ride. Who knows? Or it could just be that Uber just straight robbed the pax of $93. Whatever it is, there is no reason to expect that Uber would pass that money on to the driver.

Again, what the pax pays has absolutely nothing to do with what we get paid. We get paid per mile/min plus any surge or incentive. Nothing else.

You should never should expect Uber to say “Hey man, we got numb-nuts to pay us an extra $93 for the ride, here’s your cut”

SHalester

On what level do i care how much Uber is getting? As long as the pax is not complaining, what's the beef?

Has anyone wondered how the pax felt paying that fee? I suspect not.

OC-Moe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
On what level do i care how much Uber is getting? As long as the pax is not complaining, what's the beef?

I did, a 4.9 rated dude taking a regular ride and being "taken for a ride" bigtime by Uber.

Cold Fusion

Uber is intensely greedy...
uber will continually increase their Profit while reducing driver earnings

Uber Hit With $650 Million Employment Tax Bill in New Jersey
Updated: Nov. 14, 2019, 11:35 AM
Uber Technologies Inc. owes New Jersey about $650 million in unemployment and disability insurance taxes because the rideshare company has been misclassifying drivers as independent contractors, the state’s labor department said.

Nats121

Please explain how that pro rates close to $100/hour. I’ll wait.

and looking at what you are making per hour instead of what you are making per mile is exactly why uber is winning.
Don't hold your breath waiting for a logical answer from that trolling idiot.

He obviously has nothing better to do with his time than come to the Complaints Forum and try to piss off justifably disgruntled Uber drivers by taking Uber's side on every issue.

OC-Moe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Uber charging a huge "service fee?" Yeah, what is it for, why add it to my fare? Uber keeps drivers and investors in the dark.