• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber thinks it deserves a 71% take rate!!

OC-Moe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think I would put in for a Fare adjustment. Was that ride during a surge event? That's just plain robbery of the rider and complete larceny of you as the driver. Wtf.
in Southern California there are no more surge multipliers, just flat surge and there was none on the map in this area.

Dekero

in Southern California there are no more surge multipliers, just flat surge and there was none on the map in this area.
Agreed but even with flat surge when the fare is this uneven Uber makes an auto adjustment to make sure you get a reasonable portion of the fare... Just like the pic I have here... And I have plenty of others as well just like it.

The reason I asked if it was a surge event is because if so it appears the algorithm missed making the auto adjustment and by requesting a fare review a human should be able to make that adjustment for him..

Attachments

Dekero

This seems to point to the fact that surge adjustments will soon be phased out.
Not if they expect to cover the surge demand in my area... I know a bunch of drivers who only work surge events and high demand rides just to catch these adjustments... Me included. When I start getting fares that look like the OPs and do not end up being adjusted correctly. That will be the day I go full time private clientele only. And the day a bunch of Uber riders will be waiting extended time frames waiting on the inevitable new driver who knows no better than to show up for chump rates..cuz it won't be me.

nonononodrivethru

Not if they expect to cover the surge demand in my area... I know a bunch of drivers who only work surge events and high demand rides just to catch these adjustments... Me included. When I start getting fares that look like the OPs and do not end up being adjusted correctly. That will be the day I go full time private clientele only. And the day a bunch of Uber riders will be waiting extended time frames waiting on the inevitable new driver who knows no better than to show up for chump rates..cuz it won't be me.
I'm with you. Huge lawsuit waiting to happen.

MiamiKid

Will take that all day long. Not at all concerned with what Uber makes. In fact, hope to see them more profitable!

Why would I take that ride, assuming everything's else is okay with it? Because, depending on the pickup time, it looks like it pro rates out to close to $100/hour.

Trust me on this, many folks will gladly accept these rates. It either works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work?

Move on.

My two cents
😎

Nightrider82

Will take that all day long. Not at all concerned with what Uber makes. In fact, hope to see them more profitable!

Why would I take that ride, assuming everything's else is okay with it? Because, depending on the pickup time, it looks like it pro rates out to close to $100/hour.

Trust me on this, many folks will gladly accept these rates. It either works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work?

Move on.

My two cents
😎
Please explain how that pro rates close to $100/hour. I’ll wait.

and looking at what you are making per hour instead of what you are making per mile is exactly why uber is winning.

radikia

Move on.

My two cents
😎
images.jpg

MiamiKid

Please explain how that pro rates close to $100/hour. I’ll wait.

and looking at what you are making per hour instead of what you are making per mile is exactly why uber is winning.
If you can't figure this out, it's why you're losing. It is so basic, am not going to explain. Fifth grade math.

Pro rated per hour. Get it? If not, you're on my level.

UBER ROCKS!!
👍