Uber the delivery service

UberDon40

After accepting a ride yesterday, the rider called me as I was on my way and said "Hey, you are going to go to a place and pick some stuff for me that I ordered and bring it to me." Didn't ask. Didn't request a favor, just expected me to go to this contractor and pick up a bunch of material for a house he was rehabbing. I told him that he needed to make sure someone was standing outside as I pulled up to load the stuff into my car. He sounded irritated (I assume he thought I would do it?) but said he'd have someone "help."

Anyone else get asked to make a delivery?

cindym

Except for food, not yet. But as long as it fits in my Prius, and someone else loads and unloads any heavy stuff (I'm a driver, a 58 y.o. grandma, not a laborer) I'm fine with it.

dumbdriver

After accepting a ride yesterday, the rider called me as I was on my way and said "Hey, you are going to go to a place and pick some stuff for me that I ordered and bring it to me." Didn't ask. Didn't request a favor, just expected me to go to this contractor and pick up a bunch of material for a house he was rehabbing. I told him that he needed to make sure someone was standing outside as I pulled up to load the stuff into my car. He sounded irritated (I assume he thought I would do it?) but said he'd have someone "help."

here's a list of things I've been asked to deliver: a baby in the backseat of a car,a lobster that died of cardiac arrest and could not be revived by the chef at the restaurant!get rid of a boyfriend's ex-girlfriend he caught cheating on her and also I've had to deliver escaped convicts who said they were Uber customers, but they weren't, I had to deliver them to the police at a very high rate of speed which I know we're not supposed to do either so if we're caught spEEdng with someone trying to rob Us in the car ,do we still get terminated? I really just wanted the cops to stop me so they could arrest them.

dumbdriver

I almost forgot a older lady had me pick up 8 bags of fertilizer at Home Depot for her garden and Lawn can we also charge by the pound and if so do you know where the weight scales are that I can waive the car on and how much per pound should we charge now. please only serious answers

RamzFanz

I haven't but there's zero chance I'm hauling construction materials without the offer of a substantial tip. They can rent a truck from any of the big box hardware stores for $20.