Uber Text Messages

Has anyone else noticed an abundance of Uber text messages in the last few days? I've gotten at least 8 over the past 4 days, way higher than the usual.

Makes me think they are running short on drivers during peak times. Over the past 4 or 5 days there appeared to be a shortage of drivers on the PAX app. Last night there was a weak 1.4 surge over everything North of the deposit city limits. Low enough drivers to frustrate PAX but too low of surge to entice any but the most desperate drivers.

West Wayne

About four months ago I shut off the text messages because they were sending me messages at 4am telling me there was a Pistons game in days and I should head out there for some great money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK... I know I'm not the only one getting bombarded by the text messages. I've gotten over 20 in last few days included in one this morning, at 7:41am, the Sunday morning after we lost an hour for DST! If Uber had it their way, I would have been out driving until 4 am last night.... It is very, very clear they care nothing for their driving health and safty.

UofMDriver

Has anyone else noticed an abundance of Uber text messages in the last few days? I've gotten at least 8 over the past 4 days, way higher than the usual.

Makes me think they are running short on drivers during peak times. Over the past 4 or 5 days there appeared to be a shortage of drivers on the PAX app. Last night there was a weak 1.4 surge over everything North of the deposit city limits. Low enough drivers to frustrate PAX but too low of surge to entice any but the most desperate drivers.
If they don't throw Uber drivers a few bones once in a while, Uber is heading for a shortage of drivers. Saturday I did zero Uber rides and just worked Lyft. Stayed very busy, made the 20% bonus for the week. Uber has little incentives to keep drivers on the road. Lyft will continue taking market share. I find the Pax, way better behaved.