1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber text complains that I'm contacting riders too frequently compared to other drivers

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Moo Moo, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Moo Moo

Moo Moo

Driving:
    UberX
    Screen shot 2015-09-10 at 4.52.41 PM.png

I was surprised to receive a text from Uber stating that I have been contacting riders much more frequently than my peers considering I have 2260 rides for my 365 Day summary and I have been driving for Uber since Oct 2014. I tried to respond to the text but I got an error message about sending START to enable SMS. I sent START, sent a reply, and received an SMS Disable message. Apparently, Uber can send me complaint texts but I cannot respond back via texts.

I had tried to tell Uber that I have to contact riders whenever the pickup address is in front of a bus zone, a red zone, one lane of a two-lane road and I am blocking traffic, I am double parked risking a ticket by police and/or blocking traffic, parked outside a busy nightclub with other cars (Uber, Lyft, taxi, non-TNC) double parked, pickup is in an "unsafe" neighborhood, or rider does not show up after 7 minutes.

Just last night I had a rider who pin dropped five blocks on the same street from her actual location. She called me after her phone showed I arrived, but I was physically not in front of her. I told her for future Uber requests to double check her pin dropped location or manually enter a pickup address. Whenever I get requests for UberXL and the pickup is more than 5 mins away, I call the rider to confirm whether they really wanted UberXL or was the requested vehicle a mistake, many times the rider would say "no" they are a single rider or they only wanted UberX. I am not going to drive 12-20 minutes away for an UberXL ride, drive the rider for a ride less than 5 mins, and then later the rider complains to Uber about a mistaken vehicle selection and request a fare reduction.

One time around 2:30 AM, I had an UberXL request, 20 mins away, I call the rider and he said he needed to get home from the country club (high income suburb of San Francisco East Bay) and he was willing to pay for UberXL. I drive 20 mins from Berkeley and 500 Ft from the pickup point, the low-life cancels on me. The low-life did not respond to my phone call to answer why he cancelled the ride.

Ziggy, UberBlooper and Txchick like this.
  2. Oh My

Oh My

What's next? They'll scold you for not using their brand of gas?

3. Chargr

Chargr

Driving:
    UberX
    I got one last week. Don't care lol. I have the same reasons as you why I need it

Ziggy and ocbob2 like this.
  4. Chicago-uber

Chicago-uber

Lol.. I don't contact riders anymore. If you're not at the pin.. I'm gone in 5 minutes. No safe place to pull over.. automatic cancel.

5. uberparadise

uberparadise

Driving:
    UberX
    You are a independent contractor! They want to tell you how to do your job. Jerks , Clowns , A holes is what I think of them. How about a reward for being such a valuable partner for them. How bout a $500 or $1000 bonus every 1000 trips with out an accident? I could continue they basically want u to never harass or bother their riders . We are just supposed to make no money and piss our life away for them.

Cruisinelli and RockinEZ like this.
  6. That's not a big deal. Some rider probably *****ed because they don't want to actually talk to their driver or some **** like that.

Ziggy, Sacto Burbs, RockinEZ and 2 others like this.
  7. 4.6 * or under = automatic cancel

8. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    I have been getting them more and more. I know I am doing it correctly because I get two a day! The threat keeps coming and I keep calling and texting the pax. I need my rides going a certain way many times and if they are not going in my direction, I ask them to cancel. Tell them according to their rules, we have a right to take rides you want. You are also an independent contractor.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    UberRidiculous likes this.
  9. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    Moo moo,

I feel your pain, trust me... and not in a B.J. Clinton way.

Now the hard hitting questions, and these are being asked because you're 2000+ rides into this:

Why are you even allowing automated Uber texts on your phone?

Why are you attempting to get a response by texting back the automated system?

Why are you texting pax when their pin drop is defective?

Why are you waiting over 5 minutes and 1 second for pax?

Why are you driving 12 to 20 minutes to pick up locations?

In between all the useless crap in the forums (my content is probably 99.98% of that crap), there is very helpful information.
    Seek and destroy.

Uber-on.

PS: The questions are rhetorical... hopefully they just get some thought process to a' churnin'.
    ;)

Ziggy, pannam1, Sacto Burbs and 4 others like this.
  10. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Just reply to the text with STOP
    and you won't receive txt msgs from Uber anymore.

FROM UBER:
    https://help.uber.com/h/cd4389f8-02a9-4160-ae17-88c9be29825f

DISABLE TEXT MESSAGE UPDATES
    We use text messages to inform partners of the latest Uber updates and incentives.
    If you decide you no longer want to receive these updates, reply “STOP” to any text message. You will continue to receive updates via email.
    If you’d like to re-enable text message updates, reply “START” to the last message you received.

It makes for a MUCH less stressful Uber driving experience.
    • No more worthless 'surge' txt notices... (of course you still surges in the app)
    • No more "It's busy tonight... get out and drive" BS msgs.
    • No more stupid txts popping up while you're getting a *ping* or trying to navigate.
    Uber can't txt you if you opt out.
    You can always reply again and START receiving messages if you're lonely and have nothing better to do with your life.

I've been 'off-txt' since last May and have been much happier driving.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Ziggy, pannam1, mizzrock and 2 others like this.
  11. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

Sounds like an employer.

12. DB2448

DB2448

How do you see the Pax rating?

Txchick likes this.
  13. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

It's on the screen when you are in the process of accepting a ride.

DB2448 likes this.
  14. DB2448

DB2448

Thanks!

Txchick likes this.
  15. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

Your welcome!!!

16. Chargr

Chargr

Driving:
    UberX
    Parking enforcement almost gave me a ticket because pax was taking forever, I called them, and he texted me saying 1 min. NOPE!. Lady was finishing ticketing the car in front of me, and I was next. Canceled the ride and left.

Even parking enforcement said, 5 minutes is enough.

UberRidiculous, Oh My and Txchick like this.
  17. XUberMike

XUberMike

Driving:
    UberX
    I think this is the only negative text I don't receive... Excessive cancellations-YES, poor acceptance-YES, excessive communication-NO which is why my cancellations are high. UBER says I've arrived, I start the clock 5:01 I cancel, rider no show $5.00 cancellation. NOW if I could only figure out a way to get 6 of those an hour.

18. Moo Moo

Moo Moo

Driving:
    UberX
    I drive UberX and UberXL and thus I get ride requests for UberXL which can be up to 20 minutes away. I always try to remember to call the rider to confirm that they really want an UberXL ride or whether they chose XL by mistake. Here in the San Francisco East Bay area, an UberXL ride is $1.95 per mile compared to UberX which is $1.10 per mile. Obviously, I make more money on UberXL rides because the rides could be to the San Francisco Airport (from Berkeley) or 3-4 stops around Berkeley, or 3 stops in San Francisco starting from Berkeley. One time, I drove a woman from Clayton (Suburb near Concord, CA) to Rancho Cordova (near Sacrament0) for an UberXL ride because there no available UberX cars near Clayton and the 1.25 ride came to $239. The woman was visiting her sister in Clayton and she had to go home to young kids for an emergency (mother-in-law was sick and could no longer watch the kids).

UberRidiculous likes this.
  19. Jam Val

Jam Val

Driving:
    UberX
    Seriously Moo MooMoo Moo, F them. You do you.

20. R44KDEN

R44KDEN

I call virtually everyone and have not received one text from The Empire. I dont care if Uber frowns upon the practise, to me its the only efficient way to operate.

Ziggy, RockinEZ, mizzrock and 6 others like this.